Re-Grouting My Swimming Pool

banglay

Hi All!...

I am going to Re-grout my swimming pool myself 9m * 3m * 1.5 m ( that way I know I'll get the finish I want).

Any tips & advice will be appreciated . Re:- best way to remove old grouting ..recommendation for a quality replacement grout ,best time of year to start the project .....and how long to leave the grouting to cure before refilling with water.

I thank you in advice

Cheers

The hard part is getting it out... I grinder will do it. Get the best water proof grout you can. let it dry 24 hr. and then fill with water...

Yes, I agree with this, I did parts of my pool last year, with a grinder and steel blade,not to difficult as long as you've a strong and steady hand,make sure you don't wonder off, onto the

Actual tiles, very important to use a good waterproof grout. I used a Webber grout.

I did mine last winter, use a grinder as suggested but be careful because its easy to slip and ruin a tile. Dig out left-behind bits with a screwdriver. Vacuum up all the dust so the new grout has a clean solid surface to bond with.

Its time-consuming and boring work so get an mp3 player. Sit on a plastic stool to minimize bending over.

Best time would be immediately after the rainy season has (definitely) ended. Cool mornings and evenings and no rain. If filling with well water there will be plenty of ground supply too.

Set yourself up with a big fixed umbrella against the sun and a powerful fan!

Buy a good quality face mask and goggles

Best time would be immediately after the rainy season has (definitely) ended. Cool mornings and evenings and no rain. If filling with well water there will be plenty of ground supply too.

Set yourself up with a big fixed umbrella against the sun and a powerful fan!

Buy a good quality face mask and goggles

Yep! Eye protection at all times, tile shards are deadly.

• 4 weeks later...

Assuming the original grout is standard tile grout it will probaly come out pretty easily. I with the help of a couple of friends regrouted my large pool a couple of years ago. The old grout came out pretty easily with a simple sharp steel pinpoint scraper which is available at Global House. The most important part of a project like this is using the correct swimming pool grout and not standard tile grout to refill the joints.