A Night Of Scottish Comedy. I Am Trying To Get The Word Out.

synchronise

I have been waiting to see a Scottish stand up comedian in Thailand for years and got so impatient that I decided to organise an event myself.

There is a comedy club called Punchline, who are good but never seem to hear of a Billy Connolly style Scottish Comedian.

Yes i am trying to publicise the event, but also wondering how I can get the word out more. Thai Visa seems a good start, but how else can I get the word out to Pattaya, Hua Him etc. though they will need to travel to Bangkok.

The event is to promote the Scottish Business Group and also to support The gif of Happiness Foundation. A great Charity that is run by Ekie the Clown, who runs funny shows for disadvantaged kids, while supplying much needed medical supplied, toys etc.

We have set up a facebook page called scottishcomedynightbangkok

The event will be on Oct 5th, at the Rembrandt Hotel.

Any advise would be appreciated.

The Comedy Night of The Year Poster.pdf

Punchline have run comedy nights in Thailand for a few years now.

This used to be a regular event in Hua Hin but as far as I know stopped last year.

If you Google Hot Property Hua Hin, the owner there Johnny used to help organize them here in HH if you are maybe interested in bringing the show here also?

I went to a few, never had a Scottish comedian on as far as I remember.

I'm interested. Will ask some mates as well

Who's performing?

The Op seems to imply that its Billy Connelly performing. Op. Please clarify who the comedians are. Thanks.

"Billy Connolly style Scottish Comedian"

Raymond Mearns has been a full time Comedian and Actor since June 2003.

He has had a sell-out run at The Edinburgh Festival Fringe and then onto New York to The Improv

and The Gotham Comedy Club, alongside the first ever New York Comedy Festival.

In November 2005 Raymond returned to New York where he played to a sell-out crowd at The

Laugh Factory with the Show “Laughs Across the Ocean” in collaboration with New York Comic,

Danny Lobell.

2007 Also saw the release of Raymond’s first DVD which was recorded at the Stand Comedy Club

during the Glasgow International Comedy Festival

As of 2011 Raymond completed a successful mini tour of venues across Scotland; appeared in the

new series of “Rab C Nesbitt” and in the BBC’s Scottish Soap Opera “River City”; and released his

second DVD in April of 2011. He then went on tour with “Pete Doherty” at The Shepherds Bush

Empire and various venues in the North of England, and continues to do live stand-up most

weekends at various clubs across the UK and overseas.

The inaptly named Gary Little burst onto the comedy scene in 2003. At six foot

three Gary is an imposing presence on any stage.

Gary is a regular on the UK comedy circuit with his humour described

as honest, refreshing and in-yer-face with a wealth of material derived from a

life lived to the full.

With a post-graduate from the University of Hard Knocks, Gary has been round

the block many more times than his audience.

Edited by Morakot