Colonic Irrigation in Phuket

xylophone

I have often thought of visiting one of these clinics for a colon detox, this especially as I have a terribly slow digestive system and constipation, amongst other things is something I have to live with.

HOWEVER, a week ago I back-flipped off the back of a motorbike taxi on my steep drive and it turns out not only do I have concussion and a badly damaged heel, but I've also broken one of my coccyx vertebrae, which is extremely painful and the swelling interferes with many things in that area, so a visit to the local Phuket Detox clinic almost opposite the main entrance to Bangkok Phuket hospital seemed to be a good choice.

It's a very small place and it has a colonic irrigation machine on the second floor, so I booked a session there and then, and the woman in charge, Mon, was very pleasant and helpful in getting me set up for the session. It was pretty easy although having a catheter like plastic pipe stuck up my bum (but only for a couple of inches) was not that pleasant, probably because of the swelling from my injury, however we went ahead and she did manage to flush out some pebble-sized faeces, which had been there for about five days since my accident, so I was most pleased about that.

I may well make it a fairly regular occurrence due to my slow digestive system, as well as increasing fruit and fibre, along with water. However if anyone else wanted to try this for one reason or another, I can recommend this place.

The telephone number is: – 096 696 4553.

• Haha 1

Natural psyllium husk (powdered or whole) is the best thing. 

6-7 grams taken 3 times per day with two glasses of water each time. Will keep you regular without any discomfort to the system. No need for invasive colon cleanses. You should be able to move things naturally 1-2 times a day with psyllium and will keep your colon well cleansed. 

Key is never take more than 7 grams at a time, consume enough water each time, and spread out the 3 doses throughout the day. This will avoid clogging and discomfort. 

Lots of sellers on Lazada offering psyllium husk. Price averages out to about 300 Baht for 500 grams. I often mix the powdered and the whole together for a blend. 

Avoid all of the ones that mix flavor or sweeteners in. Unnecessary fillers and chemicals. Just buy the pure natural stuff. You will get used to the bland taste. You can also add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a dash of natural stevia leaf powder to it each time you mix it with water and this will add some health benefit and a mix of sweet and sour to improve the taste.

Natural green stevia leaf powder is also very inexpensive on Lazada. 

Edited by ABCDBKK
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

lack of magnesium in diet is one possible cause of constipation.

eat lots of fruit - include some bananas as they are fairly high in magnesium. coconut water, avocados also high.

and you can consider magnesium citrate supplement, very effective against constipation.

also apples ... pectin in apples may help with digestion and constipation

image.png.75a65e046080577871ee3dac18e29d7b.png

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated, and I've forgotten about magnesium, as I do have some magnesium tablets which I should take. My bad that I have never really eaten fruit apart from the red juiice from grapes!!

Also thanks for the tip on apple pectin and I'll get onto the Internet to see if I find some here, having said that, pre-and probiotics have also never worked for me although I've tried them on many occasions, but I'll give the apple pectin a go.

Around 1980 when I was working in South London, I was given a medical by BUPA, and also given a barium swallow and enema and it was determined that I had a "low digestive system" and nothing seemed to be able to counteract it.

But I've been my own worst enemy with that, and one thing I did discover here is that liquid sorbitol in a fruit drink really does work wonders in that regard. So thanks for your advice and I will be onto that in short order.

24 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

Avoid all of the ones that mix flavor or sweeteners in. Unnecessary fillers and chemicals. Just buy the pure natural stuff. You will get used to the bland taste.

I love pulpy orange juice.  Always have.  I just used plain psyllium husk to make mine extra pulpy.  With all the fresh squeezed fruit drinks you can buy on any street in Thailand, there's no need to get used to anything.  Unless you don't like pulpy fruit drinks.  In that case, get the psyllium husk powder and make it a fruit juice frappe.

Not a scientific study, but my cholesterol went down when I started drinking psyllium husk.  Not enough, but a definite improvement.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

Natural psyllium husk (powdered or whole) is the best thing. 

6-7 grams taken 3 times per day with two glasses of water each time. Will keep you regular without any discomfort to the system. No need for invasive colon cleanses. You should be able to move things naturally 1-2 times a day with psyllium. 

Key is never take more than 7 grams at a time, consume enough water each time, and spread out the 3 doses throughout the day. This will avoid clogging and discomfort. 

Lots of sellers on Lazada. Price averages out to about 300 Baht for 500 grams. I often mix the powdered and the whole together for a blend. 

Avoid all of the ones that mix flavor or sweeteners in. Unnecessary fillers and chemicals. Just buy the pure natural stuff. You will get used to the bland taste. You can also add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a dash of natural stevia leaf powder to it which will add some benefit and improve the taste. Natural green stevia leaf powder also very inexpensive on Lazada. 

Thanks for your information and unfortunately psyllium husk is something that has blocked me up every time I have tried it, and believe me I have tried it loads of times and it is something that is well known with this type of fibre, whereby the fibre just exacerbates the problem, rather than curing it.

Appreciate your post and taking the time to post, although I will add a proviso to this, inasmuch as I have never taken it three times per day, so that is food for thought, thank you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, impulse said:

I love pulpy orange juice.  Always have.  I just used plain psyllium husk to make mine extra pulpy.  With all the fresh squeezed fruit drinks you can buy on any street in Thailand, there's no need to get used to anything.  Unless you don't like pulpy fruit drinks.  In that case, get the psyllium husk powder and make it a fruit juice frappe.

Not a scientific study, but my cholesterol went down when I started drinking psyllium husk.  Not enough, but a definite improvement.

I avoid fruit juices because they contain almost as much sugar as a soft drink. Better off eating a few whole oranges. The added fiber will slow down the sugar absorption and insulin spikes. 

I lowered my cholesterol significantly by cutting egg yolks out from my diet. They say dietary cholesterol has nothing to do with blood cholesterol, but from my personal experience that isn't true.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Thanks for your information and unfortunately psyllium husk is something that has blocked me up every time I have tried it, and believe me I have tried it loads of times and it is something that is well known with this type of fibre, whereby the fibre just exacerbates the problem, rather than curing it.

Appreciate your post and taking the time to post, although I will add a proviso to this, inasmuch as I have never taken it three times per day, so that is food for thought, thank you.

I had blocking issues before too. Then I realized I was taking too much at once and not enough water each time. As soon as I started weighing the psyllium on a food scale, and increased water intake each time, things really improved. Now it causes me no discomfort. Start with 3 grams and 3-4 times a day, with two glasses of water each time, should be golden. Frequency is the key to success with it and dialing in an amount you can handle each time. If water intake is enough then it won't block. 

I also mentioned Apple Cider vinegar, this brand from Italy tastes great. Can get it at Tops, Villa, and Central. Organic and they have flavored ones too that are infused with cinnamon and ginger if you like that:

IMG_4219.thumb.jpeg.63dd6652f4b66734df5cc5dc8a993ffc.jpeg

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Also thanks for the tip on apple pectin and I'll get onto the Internet to see if I find some here

what do you mean find some?

you get pectin from eating apples.

when I eat loads of fruit, i have no digestive/constipation issues.

but I also don't eat a lot of pizza, etc ... stuff that may cause harm to digestion.

bon fortuna!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

but I also don't eat a lot of pizza, etc ... stuff that may cause harm to digestion.

bon fortuna!

Agreed, fruit is an easy and readily available fiber source. Apples are mostly imported and more expensive. But locally grown holland papaya, green guavas, watermelon, and pineapple are all easy to find, inexpensive, and provide lots of fiber. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

I also mentioned Apple Cider vinegar, this brand from Italy tastes great.

If you found a brand that actually tastes good, that's good news.

I always hated the taste of that stuff.

health folks are all pushing apple cider vinegar, but all vinegar has health benefits.

I much prefer the taste of balsamic vingegar. But they can get expensive maybe. 

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

If you found a brand that actually tastes good, that's good news.

I always hated the taste of that stuff.

health folks are all pushing apple cider vinegar, but all vinegar has health benefits.

I much prefer the taste of balsamic vingegar. But they can get expensive maybe. 

Yes, the popular organic brand of ACV called Braggs from the USA tastes pretty awful to me. I much prefer the brand I showed above. Their cinnamon infused one tastes great. Hardly can taste the fermented apples in it. 

Balsamic vinegar tastes great, but is made from grapes and is more of a gourmet item to put on salads and other things. Not known to have the same level health benefits of ACV, but still good. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Just out of curiosity, I hope the catheter is new, or that you insisted on they using a new one... you can get mighty sick trying to get healthy... 

Yes they use a new sterile one every time. Thank you.

3 hours ago, save the frogs said:

bon fortuna!

Thanks but I have never eaten apples apart from when I was a kid, so thought that the apple pectin, mixed with water or another drink might do the trick? So I have ordered some apple pectin powder/fibre and will give that a go....will also get on to eating bananas as that is one fruit that I do like.

I think the BUPA barium meal tests some 40 yrs ago hit the nail on the head with regards to a "slow digestive system", however will admit that I have never been a great fruit eater, but thanks to the feedbaack here I will change my diet. Having said that I had a large spinach leaf salad the other night but no go, also a huge helping of cooked spinach yesterday, and again no go..............but will take on board the info on the posts here to see if that helps.

• Thumbs Up 1

If it is realy bad 
just drink some tap water
hell you will never be off the toilet you will be wishing for the old days when you were full of........
just kidding 
the natural thai pills work great according to a norwegian therapist who really knew her ......
one thing that will really make you go is nuts 
walnuts almonds pecan brazil if you eat about 200 gram a day you will go andnot the ones in the shiny bags from 711
replace a whole meal with a bag of nuts
 a raw food diet containing alot of nuts see your system change completely 
once a day is no longer a thing itsa  few times
the thing about your post is no info a few plates of spinach and a medical diagnosis from decades ago

Try the Thai pills eat lots of nuts natural stool softeners 

Your worried about a few inches up your bum 

but wait till the camera guy gets a go colonoscopy
Now that an experience of discomfort all played out in technicolor on the screen in front of you 
poor old harrison ford had to undergo that 
but with the raiders of the lost arc music being belted out to as the camera entered the tunnels of doom
BUMMBARRABUMM BUMMBAARRA BUM 
Oh the Indigity

Edited by Serenity_Now
bad spellin

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Donutt fiber works great buy at Boots or Watson.

Used that then went on to Nuui Fiberly now another Deproud Bio Fibre honey and pineapple which is the best to drink. Other than that Unison enemas from 7/11 9 baht. Only seen Bio Fiber on Lazada. Apple cider vinegar has no affect at all, senna becomes tolerated all the fibre/water/exercise advice never worked for me

Edited by proton
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

It only does that if you take too much, which is why I buy measure doses or the one now with a measure that come with it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, proton said:

Used that then went on to Nuui Fiberly now another Deproud Bio Fibre honey and pineapple which is the best to drink. Other than that Unison enemas from 7/11 9 baht. Only seen Bio Fiber on Lazada. Apple cider vinegar has no affect at all, senna becomes tolerated all the fibre/water/exercise advice never worked for me

Correct, ACV does not work as a colon cleanser. It’s just a prebiotic for gut health. 

Senna is dangerously unhealthy when used for sustained periods of time. Read about it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Serenity_Now said:

If it is realy bad 
just drink some tap water
hell you will never be off the toilet you will be wishing for the old days when you were full of........
just kidding 
the natural thai pills work great according to a norwegian therapist who really knew her ......
one thing that will really make you go is nuts 
walnuts almonds pecan brazil if you eat about 200 gram a day you will go andnot the ones in the shiny bags from 711
replace a whole meal with a bag of nuts
 a raw food diet containing alot of nuts see your system change completely 
once a day is no longer a thing itsa  few times
the thing about your post is no info a few plates of spinach and a medical diagnosis from decades ago

Try the Thai pills eat lots of nuts natural stool softeners 

Your worried about a few inches up your bum 

but wait till the camera guy gets a go colonoscopy
Now that an experience of discomfort all played out in technicolor on the screen in front of you 
poor old harrison ford had to undergo that 
but with the raiders of the lost arc music being belted out to as the camera entered the tunnels of doom
BUMMBARRABUMM BUMMBAARRA BUM 
Oh the Indigity

Nuts don’t do much. I eat 60 grams a day. They are healthy, but don’t clean out the colon. 200 grams would be about 1200 calories. Too much in a day. Also, Brazil nuts can cause selenium overdoses. Read about it. Basically more than 2 Brazil nuts a day and you’re exceeding the RDA of selenium. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

Nuts don’t do much. I eat 60 grams a day. They are healthy, but don’t clean out the colon. 200 grams would be about 1200 calories. Too much in a day. Also, Brazil nuts can cause selenium overdoses. Read about it. Basically more than 2 Brazil nuts a day and you’re exceeding the RDA of selenium. 

well we are all different
yup nuts are calorie dense
and they make me go to the bathroom if i eat about 200 gram throughout the day of mixed values
OP has a slow digestion who knows what effect it would gave on him
dont overdo the brazil nuts then
almonds and walnuts are fine just know its calorie dense 
but you are correct on the brazil i did not know that i have overdosed on so many occassions that i lost count
damn those chocolate covered brazils you get at xmas with no warning label on the box
damn halloween
if you think about there should be a warning label
im sure i am not alone in having scoffed more than the recommended amount
2 brazils are about 180 mcg max is 400mcg but still at an averag of 90 mcg in each nut over 5 and your in overdose territory.

1lbbag of choco covered nuts no warnings its terrible https://nuts.com/nuts/brazilnuts/milk-chocolate.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwlrqHBhByEiwAnLmYUJFQo1mT3QQvJqzCA1jpmLJTqJrP0dbrKYvmtpRewkAlzXcfK1xj0BoCxq0QAvD_BwE

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, xylophone said:

Thanks but I have never eaten apples apart from when I was a kid, so thought that the apple pectin, mixed with water or another drink might do the trick? So I have ordered some apple pectin powder/fibre and will give that a go....will also get on to eating bananas as that is one fruit that I do like.

I think the BUPA barium meal tests some 40 yrs ago hit the nail on the head with regards to a "slow digestive system", however will admit that I have never been a great fruit eater, but thanks to the feedbaack here I will change my diet. Having said that I had a large spinach leaf salad the other night but no go, also a huge helping of cooked spinach yesterday, and again no go..............but will take on board the info on the posts here to see if that helps.

the reason apples is on my radar is because a guy invented a "3 Day Apple Colon Cleanse" a while ago. You basically eat nothing but apples for 3 days (or 2 days) and it apparently clears out the colon.

I'm not advocating it though. I don't want to be responsible if you try it and it causes problems.

Anyway, you don't like apples ...

image.png.e7d87b23b7aebb257742551ed07847c0.png

• Thanks 1

This works really well. Taste is ok and it is ginseng based. Can get at 7/11 dirt cheap. A tablespoon before bed when needed. Don't over do it... as with anything good, too much undoes the good

20240408_083323.jpg

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Thanks 1