Yingluck Promises European Parliament To Create Harmony In Thailand

webfact

Yingluck promises European Parliament to create harmony in Thailand

BANGKOK, 29 August 2012 (NNT) – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has promised the Members of European Parliament (MEPs) that Thailand will create harmony among the politicians, while saying that Thailand is ready to support the European economy.

Mr. Werner Langen, a member of the European Parliament’s Committee, along with other members, has paid Prime Minister Yingluck a visit.

During the visit, Ms. Yingluck assured the MEPs that Thailand will push forward to smooth out political difficulties for the sake of nation’s unity in accordance with the democratic principles and laws, as well as promoting human rights and freedom of expressions within the country.

On the economic front, the Premier told the MEPs that Thailand is willing to be an investment base in Asean for European investors.

At the end of the meeting, the Thai Premier and the European Parliament members exchanged opinions on several issues including flood prevention preparation and southern unrest policies.

Ms. Yingluck has assured the MEPs that Thai government will do its best to solve the problems in the Deep South and that the flood crisis will not recur this year.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-08-29 footer_n.gif

"Ms. Yingluck has assured the MEPs that Thai government will do its best to solve the problems in the Deep South and that the flood crisis will not recur this year."

Doing "its best" to solve the problems in the Deep South, eh... Kinda like saying that the Finance Minister was doing his best when he lied about the economy... "The Best" of an incompetent is still not very good, is it?

And of course, the flood crisis will not recur this year...as parts of Chiang Mai are flooding today, and parts of the Deep South as well...

"Mr. Werner Langen, a member of the European Parliament’s Committee, along with other members..."

Wow! A nice little Thai junket for them. Who paid for it?

He led European Parliament delegations to Myanmar in Feb 2012, Singapore in May 2012 and now Thailand in Aug 2012.

Lot of FF mileage :-)

"Thailand is ready to support the European economy."

Is europe lacking cheap ​hookers, graft money and poorly made products? Don't think so. That's what Eastern Europe is for. I wonder if everyone who was not checking her out started to snicker when she said this?

Is europe lacking cheap ​hookers, graft money and poorly made products? Don't think so. That's what Eastern Europe is for. I wonder if everyone who was not checking her out started to snicker when she said this?

I think she means Thailand will give money and free rice to help the many poor in Europe Maybe see will send medicines for the sick. I think Thailand is wonderful.

During the visit, Ms. Yingluck assured the MEPs that Thailand will push forward to smooth out political difficulties for the sake of nation’s unity in accordance with the democratic principles and laws, as well as promoting human rights and freedom of expressions within the country.

That is really bad news for the red shirts.But as we all know this ain't gonna happen.

"Mr. Werner Langen, a member of the European Parliament’s Committee, along with other members..."

He led European Parliament delegations to Myanmar in Feb 2012, Singapore in May 2012 and now Thailand in Aug 2012.

Not compared to Yingluk. Does he attend parliament?

"On the economic front, the Premier told the MEPs that Thailand is willing to be an investment base in Asean for European investors."

Sounds like Thailand is doing European investors a big, big favour by graciously allowing them to bring their money into the country. Shouldn't it be the other way round? I mean, shouldn't Thailand be grateful towards European investors for considering Thailand as an investment base?

Perhaps I'm reading to much into this, but I find it a quite arrogant statement.

• Like 1

I think she means Thailand will give money and free rice to help the many poor in Europe Maybe see will send medicines for the sick. I think Thailand is wonderful.

Sure Thailand is generous, they always help whenever they can.

I remember for the Japanese tsunami they waved the visa fees for Japanese tourists, expect some similar help to the European union.

Sure Thailand is generous, they always help whenever they can.

I remember for the Japanese tsunami they waved the visa fees for Japanese tourists, expect some similar help to the European union.

And they helped out the poor Burmese junta with that very soft loan when no one else would let them buy communications equipment.

• Like 2

I think she should tell them to go home and <deleted> themselves,Thai looks in a better financial position to me than the EU,all they do these days is lend money to countries, Spain,Italy,Greece, Ireland who are all ready in debt and have no chance of paying their debt+ the debt of the bailout.Tell them to <deleted> off ,don't sidle up to the EU they are going down the tube.And by the way Thai is more Democratic than the EU,almost impossible to believe but how many people in the EU parliament have have been elected and not voted in by like thinking pals,nothing to do with the populace.

The Brits are the only one's who have a clue,they want out.GO BRITS.

Does anybody here think Thai knows how the world works,if you do I hope you're drinking a nice red tonight,something with a woody palate and a salty after taste.Remember gargle.

I very much doubt if any of these visitors took anything that she said seriously. They probably nodded, agreed, then scurried back to the Sheraton Grand for a seafood buffet before a chauffeur driven tour of several upmarket whore houses, celebrating their time away from the drudgery of Europe... Like the rest of us, but more so.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has promised the Members of European Parliament (MEPs) that Thailand will create harmony among the politicians, while saying that Thailand is ready to support the European economy.

We have this cunning plan which involves Pheu Thai party list MP and UDD leader Dr. weng. As soon as he has succeeded in eradicating the Democrats we'll have peace and harmony. Furthermore we expect Thailand to become the hub of democratically induced harmony and believe this may even become a primier export article which could become a huge success in Europe and bla, blabla, etc., etc.

It's sing-a-long-a-Yingluck time ... "I'd like to buy the World a Coke ..." rolleyes.gif

you're dating yourself, Ricardo..... giggle.gif

Yingluck was 4 when this came out... but it's a perfect match for what she's trying to sell.... :thumbsup:

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

Golden Oldies never die, we they merely retire to Thailand, methinks ! rolleyes.gif

Thanks for digging-out that clip, brought back memories, of when I had shoulder-length hair, or even hair at-all ! biggrin.png

Edited by Ricardo

Being a MEP must be even better than be a Thai MP.