Thai Water-Management Projects: European Firms' 'bids Being Ignored'

webfact

""Firms from China, South Korean and Japan have offered to help Thailand develop its water-management infrastructure, but these countries have also suffered fatal flooding," Smith pointed out."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

-mel.

What is wrong with their brains???? Can they be that stupid??

Unbelievable idiots!!

Actually the Koreans have a very good understanding of flood management and most of the design is based on California designs which work very well. Seoul has a really nice water control system which works very well, when was the last time we heard about floods there? It is also dam_n attractive and doubles as public space and parkland. I was excited by Yingluck going there and seeing what they do (but of course tempered my enthusiasm, considering how things work or don't in Thailand). But I do hope they "win" the bids I guess.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/187834/20110727/south-korea-mudslides-flooding-death.htm

Did you read page 1?? ermm.gif

-mel.

Thats a lesson in: "How to make money in Thailand". At the end, we have a lot of factory eyelands and canals with high beton-walls. But the most important problem will not be solved. Longterm, they must be able to control the sealevel, for saveing Bangkok. Who have more expierience than the dutch? That remembers me of the story about the Thai, who make a mover from an old washing machine...Run away...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Those simple minded Europeans failed to realize that Yingluck's "STOP CORRUPTION" campaign was not meant to be taken literally. It is all their fault if they are unable to understand "Thainess".

Edited by MikeOboe57
  • Like 1

They should just offer them some good old corporate hospitality, that's the way they have found a way around the receipt situation. Granted some people still prefer the brown envelope in the pocket.

Spot on. I worked for a large UK corporation from 1965 to 1985, they added a "management contingency" as a percentage of the whole project into the costs of a tender. Other countries, Japan included, supplied their performance bond as cash, not a letter of credit, so who got the interest from that?

This has been the way of business forever.

Is the conclusion that all international companies working in Thailand must pay bribes..??

Define Bribe.

Is hospitality a bribe?

What is a gesture of good faith?

A sweetener to make them think more kindly of your company?

3 for 2 in the supermarket?

Bloo** Hel* Thailand will never change. Even in times of national disaster they had their hands out to farang for money and what do they do with it? bribes and corruption are still rife ruining the lives of the majority.

You see it doesnt matter what government they get in, its all the same because the word accountability doesnt exist in that country and the powers that be intend to keep it that way.

A donation, under the table , really, most international companies, bean counters don't issue open cheque books, any expences they want to know why and you have to have a bloody good reason, just go's to show how wordly these dumb bums are and how their companies are run, time for a cuppa.coffee1.gif

It's actually a Federal crime in the states to pay bribes as well. People have and are currently being prosecuted for this crime.

Yes you are correct it is a crime to both accept or pay a "Bribe" in the US or conducting Business abroad. That is why congress passed legislation stating that if you use the word Facilitation instead of bribe then it is OK at least in their eyes for what they do, Tossing guilt of Corruption is in eyes of those who didn't get a seat at the table.thumbsup.gif

Google it "facilitation payments" and put this incredible word to use in your vocabulary