British Passport Renewal, C1 Form, Section 1B

Hi all,

Currently renewing my British passport but have a question about section 1b if there are any experts out there!?

coffee1.gif

The question on the C1 form: (If born overseas) Were you naturalized or registered as a British citizen...if so provide details of citizenship documents. It then asks for Cert number, etc. Unfortunately both my parents don't have this form anymore. I have provided all their details, passport no.'s, etc. My birth was registered at the British High Commission in Singapore.

I was born in Singapore to British parents, both of whom were born in the UK and had/have British passports. Do I really need to fill out this section? Tried calling the Hong Kong passport office who now administer passports for residents in Thailand but you need a bloody recognised credit/debit card to connect the call...don't have one.

Any help much appreciated.

HTGR

There is a small percentage of applicants who do not fall nicely into their categories, and if you follow the arrows in the application form, it becomes impossible to fill in. I am one of those in the small percentage, and i always filled the form in as if i was born in UK. I recently renewed my passport without any problems, so i don't think you anything to worry about, as they already have your details on record.

• 4 weeks later...