Best Gym In Pattaya Now That Cwow Is Gone?

glbv

When i called Royal cliff, they qouted me 35k Baht for the year.

Is there a promo for the 19 000/yr price??

Thanks

No, the price is indeed 35K baht per year. There used to be a special where 2 could join up for 19K each.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hi All

Interesting to read all the comments about gyms , I live in hope that one day soon someone will open a luxury gym in Pattaya similar to CWOW, Tonys gym on soi Bukhaow is a real disappointment with re conditioned old machines , half of which don't work properly , this guy does not give a dam about providing a good gym , I got fed up with the one on 3rd road for the same reasons

Another one I went to see was at the A1 Cruise Ship Hotel which was pretty basic but clean , they quoted me about 2000bt per month which is silly , there is a massive market in Pattaya for a decent facility with showers and clean changing areas as well as modern equipment (that works ) and a range of quality free weights and Olympic barbells and racks, there must be a company out there willing to take on the space where CWOW once stood , which is still empty as far as I know ,if they offered a good deal they would do very well

, there is a massive market in Pattaya for a decent facility with showers and clean changing areas as well as modern equipment (that works ) and a range of quality free weights and Olympic barbells and racks, there must be a company out there willing to take on the space where CWOW once stood , which is still empty as far as I know ,if they offered a good deal they would do very well

It already exists...it's called Fairtex...was...is...and will be the best in town.

think a lot people have different ideas about gyms .... the whole idea to go to the gym is to work out and build up a sweat so not sure why the hang up about AC, as long as they have decent fans should be ok..... not hard to bring your own towel and have a shower when you go back home (for me, which is better than sharing showers anyway)

Tonys in Soi Nernplubwan is pretty good.. good mixture of machines, weights & cardio.. only thing that pisses me off is you have the maintenance guy sitting on his ass watching blaring Thai movies on the TV so bring your own music.... went to Tonys on Siam Country Rd and the same f**ker was there watching Thai crap on TV .. when he's not around they also play a decent dance soundtrack

• 3 months later...

Have looked at the Universe Gym website, looks ok and at a reasonable price...Does anyone train there who can comment on the quality/quantity of the machines and range of dumbells available?

cheers

• 7 months later...

latest update on Tonys gym Soi Nernpluwan... not only has he been systematically removing equipment over the last year...the most recent being the entire range of dumbells have been changed out with older rusty ones... if this wasn't bad enough, there are no 25 or 35 LB sizes along with only one set of the other lower sizes... i've been there a few times and even with only 1 or 2 other people in the gym you won't get to use them as a lot of people base their workout around dumb-bells (including me)... also removed is some reclining benches and he has added an EZ curl bar rack but only still only has has one bar...another popular inexpensive piece of equipment.

Also only one bench press there so again if gym is busy this will be use. tbh the place seems to a dumping ground for the crap and usless machines out of his other gyms bah.gif ...

The gyms are like everything else in pattaya you pay and pay more in hopes of decent service and sometimes you get ok but if you try to compare it to a real western standard they all would be closed down. We just learn to accept poor quality and say it is better then nothing and that's Thailand.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

latest update on Tonys gym Soi Nernpluwan... not only has he been systematically removing equipment over the last year...the most recent being the entire range of dumbells have been changed out with older rusty ones... if this wasn't bad enough, there are no 25 or 35 LB sizes along with only one set of the other lower sizes... i've been there a few times and even with only 1 or 2 other people in the gym you won't get to use them as a lot of people base their workout around dumb-bells (including me)... also removed is some reclining benches and he has added an EZ curl bar rack but only still only has has one bar...another popular inexpensive piece of equipment.

Also only one bench press there so again if gym is busy this will be use. tbh the place seems to a dumping ground for the crap and usless machines out of his other gyms bah.gif ...

I guess there will soon be an announcement for a Tony's gym at a new location laugh.png

• 1 month later...

And all the cardio machines have problems...

As if this <deleted> equipment was not enough now Tony who use his staff as excuse asks to pay 3 times in advance even if you go to exercise just 1 time/day.

So it's not anymore a gym where you can pay for 1 day.

When i called Royal cliff, they qouted me 35k Baht for the year.

Is there a promo for the 19 000/yr price??

Thanks

As this thread has just been revived, allow me to clear this up.

A couple of years ago they had a "2 people join for 38,000" deal. This is long gone.

Now it's 35K for a year or 67,200 for 2 for a year. You save a massive 1,200 baht each.

Best way is to join the wine club for 3000 and pay 28,000 for your membership. You'll get some free dinners for 2 and wine tastings for this membership, so it's really good value (the wine club).

The gym membership is overpriced as the gym is just ok, but at least the price keeps the throngs out.

The Centara Grand gym is newer and nicer and a better choice if you live over that way. I live in South Pattaya, so there's no way I'd be travelling that far to train considering the traffic congestion at most times of the day and night.

And all the cardio machines have problems...

As if this <deleted> equipment was not enough now Tony who use his staff as excuse asks to pay 3 times in advance even if you go to exercise just 1 time/day.

So it's not anymore a gym where you can pay for 1 day.

LOL. One workout a day is not enough?

I have never used a cardio machine at Tonys which was in perfect working order. Some people just don't seem to care, but it really bothers me when cardio machines don't run smoothly. I actually gave up cardio after California Wow closed down because I just couldn't find a decent piece of equipment to train on at Tony's. I remember hopping on a bike upstairs at 3rd Road. It was dragging - hopped on the next one - it was clicking and the pedal arm was loose. The 3rd one was a spinner which I don't like, so I just gave up and didn't bother.

Edited by tropo

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went down to Fairtex today after well a few months absence from doing any gym work and went to pay for a casual work out in the gym only and was told the price has gone up from 300baht to 500baht!

Yikes that is more expensive than in the west.

They have also increased their gym only membership from around 10k to almost 17k per annum.

That seems like a huge increase in one go.

They can keep it at those prices.

Back to Tony's again ......

• 1 year later...

Universe Gym has moved over to Welcome Town and expanded. Haven't tried it out but it looks pretty good for a hard-core, less expensive gym, certainly better than Tony's. I don't think it's fully air conditioned but there are air conditioners. That's all I know now. Check it out.

More info and rates here:

http://www.universegympattaya.net/

I have always wondered why no one offered a gym and classes in Central. Central good location and lots of foot traffic. Short term tourists could also do day classes.

Rent high but you gotta have the foot traffic.

Now another group thinking of going back to the White Elephant at the Avenue and redoing CAWOW.

Yes Fairtex is good, but better be quick...prices are going up!

Have a look at Fairtex sports club in Pattaya Nua. I think I'm going to join soon, new equipment, nice clean big gym with all that you need, clean locker room, suana, free towels, tv's, and not too busy. It's bt9,500.00 for the year, that's gym only, can pay more for pool, tennis, badminton etc..also have muay thai there too if interested.

Fairtex is a rip off.

Went twice asked about muay thai and bjj.

Prices were total joke. Few times more then in london.

There was thread about it on thier fb page.

I have always wondered why no one offered a gym and classes in Central. Central good location and lots of foot traffic. Short term tourists could also do day classes.

Rent high but you gotta have the foot traffic.

Now another group thinking of going back to the White Elephant at the Avenue and redoing CAWOW.

Tony cornered the market after California Wow closed (July 2012 - time flies!). He has gyms all over the place - too many to count, offering super cheap membership or casual rates. It would be too high an investment to open a real gym in Central Pattaya. A "real gym" has never existed in Pattaya. California Wow was the closest they ever had.

Have a look at Fairtex sports club in Pattaya Nua. I think I'm going to join soon, new equipment, nice clean big gym with all that you need, clean locker room, suana, free towels, tv's, and not too busy. It's bt9,500.00 for the year, that's gym only, can pay more for pool, tennis, badminton etc..also have muay thai there too if interested.

9500 for the year, last time i checked it was quite a bit more than that, that was about 3 or 4 years ago though, can you use sauna and pool with that price?

RTFP.... Is gym only. Pool etc are extra.

They will open a we fitness at Pattaya avenue where was cwow

I wonder why waiting so long when they exactly knew that they would open it at pattaya after Bkk clubs.

And what is the other gym at harbour mall ?

So you have reliable information a Fitness Club will be opening in the old California Wow space? Do you have more details perhaps? The area has now been vacant since July 2012.

I've been training at Universe for the past 9 months, it's a great gym for serious weight lifters and power lifters. The cardio equipment isn't great, but usable. The newly opened gym is huge with plenty of fans and air conditioning, although it doesn't seem to work properly. They give you a towel and there are clean showers and lockers in the changing room. Membership prices are cheap, with discounts if you train with someone. Can't ask for more really. It does get busy at times, that's my only complaint.