British Motorcyclist Shot Dead While Riding Home In Thailand

Buchholz

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's utterly utterly horrific.

I only hope they shot him in the temple first and didn't make him suffer.

How humans can act this way to other humans makes no sense to me.

I agree, stop speculating! The Clouseaus and Poirots that infest this forum get very tiresome very very quickly.

My condolences to his family.

Speculations, motives, guesses...........I still can't believe that someone will be shot for fun.

There is definitely more behind this sad story.

Let the BIB's do their job; if they really want they will get the shooter(s).

I wish all the victims' friends and relatives a lot of strength.

First - RIP - really down about the number of violent endings to lives reported this year.

Yep - 'if they really want' - interesting phrase. I have local evidence about a violent criminal being apprehended only after the mayor was involved - collared with such speed that everyone involved came to the conclusion that the BiB had known all along who the perpetrator was but had no burning desire to pull him in. This led to the general feeling that in many if not most cases, the BiB do know a lot even when they appear not to. This comes from their deep local knowledge starting at the village level - after all, the LoS is not exactly an environment where it's easy to be completely secretive. Sometimes wonder if not only do they know who has got a gun in their 'hood, but even know the make and how much ammunition they have...

• Like 2

RIP and sincere condolences to the family and friends.

The levels of personal violence seem to be escalating in all countries, which is very sad to see.

RIP, I hope the people are found.

I keep a pretty low profile here. Been here for 4 years now. But go home once a year. I like it in Thailand and do not feel threatened for the most part.

I am appalled by the recent violence.

Why is life so cheap here ? supposed to be a nation of Buddhists .

Much of the heart of Buddhism is lost here. I've gone to do personal meditation retreats here in Thailand at a couple of forest wats. The last wat I went to -- a forest wat--- a monk there, who spoke great english and who has been a monk for 7 years or so-- told me that much a buddhism in thailand now is is simply a business. I was at the wat for 7 days and we would talk daily. He was very saddened about how much Buddhism had simply become a business in Thailand. (I've even had other Thai people tell me this).

Many of the village wats are interested in brining in money, there is corruption in these wats, and monks do very "unmonkish" things. Many thai people who go to the wats simply go for merit (tam boon). Many thai people do not practice the heart of buddhism, just as many people in the West do not practice the heart fo Christianity.

Read a book called, "Phra Farang, " witten by a farang monk who ordained here in Thailand and disrobed after 10 years because he felt the buddhism in Thailand had lost it's heart.

• Like 2

This can't be any more serious than it appears on the article. A man gunned down going home.

All we can hope for is truth and justice, not speculation and trolling.

No doubt the story will develop, how about a bit of restraint in the meantime?

Agree 100% Blether.

Rest In Peace fellow 2 wheel rider Rest In Peace.

Did find a little on it on a Thai website.

It wasn't really a motorbike, just a small white Honda Scoopy moped. He seemed to have been getting off (or on) his moped when shot and was still half slumped over it. The moped was still on its centre stand just a foot from the side of the house.

He was shot 4 times, in the head and abdomen once, and the leg(s) twice.

Looks like it was planned and someone was waiting outside the house in the dark for him to return.

RIP.

R.I.P. . Breaks my heart to think of what his family wud be going thru ryt now. I don't understand y do people kill each other , a stupid decision of the person who did this has brought so much sorrow to the family. I pray that the criminals who did this are caught and are given death penalty.

Edited by ishan14

Dear Stephen, rather than say RIP, I say to you that I believe you are in a better place now and I am happy for you. I threw a few prayers at my lost family members, friends and loved ones who have gone before you, and asked them to look you up to help you along, if needed. They are all swell people. I will be along in due time and look you up to have a pint with you and then it's onward to better things. Keep a spot open at the "Spirits Pub". I am sure that the shites you left behind are the last thing on your thoughts and they will be along also to be greeted by you. I am certain you'll have a say in what happens next. Farewell for now.