Its Been Quite Sometime

pepsi666

Its been quite sometime since I been in Pattaya, things look like they have changed quite a bit

So any recommendations on a decent cheap hotel ?

Dont want a link to a website, something that you have stayed at and would recommend

I am with a group of 20 people on route to Australia, I am grabbing this chance to get away from them for a few days

So any recommendations are appreciated

I like Diana Inn at the junction between 2nd Road and Soi Diana. Nice hotel, clean rooms, ace buffet breakfast and for me a cracking location.

I think the normal rooms are about 1000, but the annex rooms are worth the extra 600 baht as they're huge.

Is that per night ?

What do they have there ?

Thanks for the reply, its appreciated

Anyone got anything for a couple of nights in Bangkok, before I get to Pattaya ?

Is it worth getting a bus (or even possible) to Pattaya from Bankok or a taxi ?

Edited by pepsi666

Is that per night ?

What do they have there ?

Thanks for the reply, its appreciated

Anyone got anything for a couple of nights in Bangkok, before I get to Pattaya ?

Is it worth getting a bus (or even possible) to Pattaya from Bankok or a taxi ?

Nana hotel Sukh Soi 4 - why stay anywhere else ? Agoda has a vast number of other hotels choices.

Range of options for transport - MRT to the airport and then the Bell bus (I think it leaves every couple of hours to N Pattaya bus station).

Bus from Ekamai bus station to Pattaya for less than 200 baht.

A number of taxi companies in Pattaya will pick you up in BKK and transport you in relative comfort for 1000 baht - I always use PT Taxis: v reliable.

Nana hotel is a s}%^e hole!

There is a hotel/guest house diagonally across from nana hotel, on the sukhumivit side! The name I forget, it's Indian owned, the rooms are western styled, about 1200/1300 a night!

In pattaya stay in the royal twins, bang in the centre of pattaya, around 1200 a night, huge pool, good rooms, great location!

Nana hotel is a s}%^e hole!

There is a hotel/guest house diagonally across from nana hotel, on the sukhumivit side! The name I forget, it's Indian owned, the rooms are western styled, about 1200/1300 a night!

In pattaya stay in the royal twins, bang in the centre of pattaya, around 1200 a night, huge pool, good rooms, great location!

He he he - its a lovely hotel - great location (rolleyes.gif ), big rooms, good pool, not so expensive at 1500 a night, a good buffet breakfast and even a bar out front. What more would the travelling male need when visiting BKK ?

Loads of choice, at all price points, in both Pattaya and Bangkok though. Even places like Landmark are priced competitively these days.

nope no transport

I'm with a gtroup of 20 people, travelling to Australia overland

I just want so time away from the rest of them (been with them since April) I need a bit of space away from them

We have been staying in some pretty crappy hostels (and I reckon that will continue) so while they are off doing the culture thing, I wanted a bit of sun and chill out and to get away from their stupid talk

(I used to come to Thailand with the wife, but she is working and still at home)

But now I got just a pension this is the only way I can get to see the world, (oh for the days with a paycheck)

Thaks for all the recommendations

nope no transport

I'm with a gtroup of 20 people, travelling to Australia overland

I just want so time away from the rest of them (been with them since April) I need a bit of space away from them

We have been staying in some pretty crappy hostels (and I reckon that will continue) so while they are off doing the culture thing, I wanted a bit of sun and chill out and to get away from their stupid talk

(I used to come to Thailand with the wife, but she is working and still at home)

But now I got just a pension this is the only way I can get to see the world, (oh for the days with a paycheck)

Thaks for all the recommendations

Wow! Traveling with a group since April. Where all have you been? Just curious....

When are you here? Always love to meet interesting travelers!

We started off from Hammersmith in April, got to Calais, all across europe, then Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, India, Nepal, couldnt get into Tibet, so into China, Vietnam, Laos, now we are in Cambodia, on our way to Thailand in the morning

I have a blog on the go, it has all the countries and cities we have visited

We have bush camped, stayed in hostels, we had a bus/truck, but as we couldnt get into Tibet, it had to turn back, so we have used public trains, buses, planes to get around (not all fun)

We have seen a lot of great things, but it hasnt been a bed of roses, we had people leave, gone down with various ailments, we started off with 24, now down to 18,(I think)

I guess we are all back packers now we need a break from each other, now

We are due to arrrive in Australia in October

my blog is at ............

http://www.travelpod...bers/derrick241

Edited by pepsi666

If you stay in Dynasty on Soi 4 in BKK (bit old and run down) or better the new Dynasty Grand on soi 6 in BKK (about 1600 baht) and then stay in Dynasty on soi 12 (good newish hotel) in Pattaya they will provide free mini-bus transfers between the two hotels so would save you a couple of taxi fares and they are good centrally located hotels.

We started off from Hammersmith in April, got to Calais, all across europe, then Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, India, Nepal, couldnt get into Tibet, so into China, Vietnam, Laos, now we are in Cambodia, on our way to Thailand in the morning

We have bush camped, stayed in hostels, we had a bus/truck, but as we couldnt get into Tibet, it had to turn back, so we have used public trains, buses, planes to get around (not all fun)

We have seen a lot of great things, but it hasnt been a bed of roses, we had people leave, gone down with various ailments, we started off with 24, now down to 18,(I think)

wow. Quite the trip. That's an awful long time to be with a bunch of people in one vehicle. I'm too much of an independent traveler for that.

But congrats! Trip of a lifetime.

wow. Quite the trip. That's an awful long time to be with a bunch of people in one vehicle. I'm too much of an independent traveler for that.

But congrats! Trip of a lifetime.

Except if you do it twice, then its a twice in a lifetime

(to be honest, I wouldnt recommend it, no choice of travelling companions, places you visit, or where you stay, time you spend in one place)

In case nobody noticed, the OP asks for a hotel on pattaya, not Bangkok.

I like to throw the areca lodge into the hat. Also in soi Diana, two swimming pools, nice rooms.around 1,200 a night of I remember well.

sent from my Android phone