Man Behind Shooting Of Mp's Son Surrenders: Nakhon Ratchasima

webfact

We may be looking at a case of "I am above the law. I am the son of a powerful asshol_e. I am beyond reproach. Nobody can touch me. Watch me, I can do anything. Main, steal, kill, anything I want to do. The police will never touch me. The courts will never rule against me. My father is richer that God, as he has been stealing from the Thai people for decades".

Reminds me of the incident in bangkok bar a couple of years ago where a policeman lost his life.

Don't forget Farut's passengers had about a week to get their stories straight before going to the police station to give their account of the indent. They were probably all allowed to sit in the same room and tell the story with the others listening. In the States they would have been interviewed immediately and interviewed in separate rooms so they could not help fabricate a story. TiT Sorry Mun you are going to be crucified, you should have grabbed a friend and said he was in the truck with you.

I don't think people are going to be lining up to volunteer, as they'll probably get slapped with an accessory to murder charge. Then again, there are quite a few dumb ones out there. :o

Three shots made six bullet holes... excellent ballistics - but dead men don't talk... Funny how cowboys shooting from pickups have suddenly become the norm - Thai TV making a terrific impact now.

His truck had 6 bullet holes from rounds fired from the Prado, but he claims he only fired back 3 times which recovered casings should prove.

Not only dead men don't talk, the witnesses in the Prado were quite reluctant as well. Probably because one of them started a firefight and lost badly - not to mention facing serious charges.

• Like 2

Mun seems to be an honest man who had to defend himself agianst some guys with guns shooting at him.

Should make him a policeman.

He is a good shooter.

If it happened to you what would you have done ?

Can not run ,can not hide, all you can do if you have a gun

is fight back and hope to survive the conflict.

Man who travelled with MP's son to face attempted murder charge

Prasit Tangprasert

The Nation on Sunday

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: -- Police will this week issue an arrest warrant for attempted murder for the person who sat beside Farut Thaiseth, son of Chat Thai Pattana Party MP Chada Thaiseth, when Farut was shot dead on August 20 in Nakhon Ratchasima's Pak Chong district.

The news follows the surrender of construction contractor Mun Poolsup to police on Thursday.

Mun claimed he shot Farut in self-defence because somebody in the sports-utility driven by Farut fired at him first - so he shot back three times.

Police investigator Col Panu Buranasiri said yesterday that Mun was released on bail and was now under police protection.

Police looked for the murder weapon in a cornfield yesterday, in which Mun, in crime re-enactment, claimed he disposed of the gun, Panu said. There was a Bt10,000 reward for any person who finds the weapon and gives it to police, he noted.

Panu rejected any suggestion Mun was a scapegoat, saying police believed they had the real culprit because of the results from forensic tests on Mun's pick-up and the suspect's convincing admissions.

In Ratchaburi, Mun's elder sister Sompong Laojindapan, 46, who stayed with their 80-year-old ailing mother, revealed that Mun, the youngest of six children, worked in Bangkok and was a good worker who earned his boss' trust to run work at Nakhon Ratchasima. She recalled Mun phoning her to say he shot someone dead in self-defence following a road rage incident but that he wouldn't try to interfere with the police investigation as he couldn't afford it. He urged her to conceal this from their mum as she has heart disease.

She insisted that Mun wasn't a thug but a dutiful son to his mother and a hard-worker. She feared that Mun might not get justice and the case "wouldn't end well" because he had clashed with influential people.

Sompong expressed concern that her brother could be killed in a gangland style for his involvement with this case.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-02

Don't forget Farut's passengers had about a week to get their stories straight before going to the police station to give their account of the indent. They were probably all allowed to sit in the same room and tell the story with the others listening. In the States they would have been interviewed immediately and interviewed in separate rooms so they could not help fabricate a story. TiT Sorry Mun you are going to be crucified, you should have grabbed a friend and said he was in the truck with you.

The week also gave them time to wash off any possible traces of gunpowder on their hands.

And now the father refuses to have the body exumed on religious grounds, but an exhumation could verify facts about the direction and number of bullets.

The week also gave them time to wash off any possible traces of gunpowder on their hands.

And now the father refuses to have the body exumed on religious grounds, but an exhumation could verify facts about the direction and number of bullets.

Thai Buddhists are normally cremated.

Heads are capable of nearly 180 degrees of swivel, so how would you know which way he was facing when shot?

Mun claims to have fired 3 times, which should be able to be checked by casings recovered and holes in the Prado. If he managed more than one hit, it would be absolutely outstanding marksmanship.

Edited by OzMick