Carrying A Motorcycle Helmet In Luggage

danstarr

Dear all,

A couple of things:

Am flying to Thailand from the UK on Emirates. Does anyone have any tips on carrying an open-faced crash helmet in luggage? Am intending to have one large backpack and a cabin-sized rucksack. Should I try to fit it into the backpack or take as hand luggage?

Also, can anyone recommend somewhere to store baggage in Bangkok for a couple of weeks?

Dan

I have done both. If you check it just make sure there is enough padding around it and inspect it afterwards the best you can to try to discern whether it has sustained any heavy impacts as there is a risk of that. Assume they will count the helmet as a carry-on item if you carry it on.

There is luggage storage both in lockers and kiosk on departures level, but for that amount of time it will be cost prohibitive. If you are staying at a hotel, they will usually let you store luggage free for a period of time. That's probably your best bet.

Edited by NomadJoe

Im pretty sure your allowed 2 carry on bags not larger than 45 linear inches...that would be for example 15" (width) +20" (length) + 10" (height) = 45 "

i came over with a backpack and helmet in hand, better to put it in its cloth bag if you still have it.