Jukebox Help!

peebee2

HELP

I have a beautiful 1960 Rock-Ola Jukebox, which worked well whe1n I brought it here 4 years ago. Now it does not! All the parts are available and being old, it's a simple enough machine. I need help finding someone whom I can pay to mend it!

post-128994-0-45207400-1346561161_thumb.

What kind of problem? Mechanical, electrical... ?

Both! I know that the Valve Amplifier is faulty but I believe that only needs a new valve. I can get whatever is needed. There is also a wiring issue; some of it looks to me like the inside of one of those telephone exchange boxes one saw being repaired in the street, but the Jukebox is from another age and it would not be beyond an electrical with modest experience.

It still looks beautiful!

Paul

At Fortune mall (Rama 9 and Ratchadaphisek) I recall seeing some audiophile shops up on the top floor that might be a good place to start asking. Those shops seem a little more earthy or grassroots than the super high end audiophile shops at Emporium. Also, this may be a stretch, but there is supposedly a DJ shop in RCA that repairs turntables (apparently they have a pretty impressive inventory of parts, which indicates to me a certain level of seriousness!)...they might be sympathetic to your cause and help steer you in the right direction.

• Like 1

At Fortune mall (Rama 9 and Ratchadaphisek) I recall seeing some audiophile shops up on the top floor that might be a good place to start asking. Those shops seem a little more earthy or grassroots than the super high end audiophile shops at Emporium. Also, this may be a stretch, but there is supposedly a DJ shop in RCA that repairs turntables (apparently they have a pretty impressive inventory of parts, which indicates to me a certain level of seriousness!)...they might be sympathetic to your cause and help steer you in the right direction.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will go there in the next few days.

If you can't get it working there is another option used often in the U.S. Hook an Ipod up insde & have an externaal control board outside . It won't be as nostalgic but it will be way more reliable & sound better. If the amp still functions you can run it through the amp or look for a good stereo amp Tube or not to run it through. beautiful looking machine!