Blasts From The Past - 50S,60S And 70S Music

Ron19

I went to see this group one night in 62 or 63 or 64 at The Cafe Wha? Something was wrong the lead singer's voice had changed , no body believed me , but it was when Jay Black replaced the first Jay , this was

in Greenwich Village , actually it is the Center of the Village near Washington Sq. , West Village is Sheridan Sq. and the East village where the Fillmore East & Electric Circus were located was @ 2nd Ave but seems it started at 14st and Union Sq. to How-stun St. which in TEXAS is Houston ! but in NY that is how its pronounced and I almost had a fight with a taxi Driver after I got out of the Air Force when I asked to go to U-stun St.. and he kept saying he never heard of it.....we figure it out by spelling it and we both laughed ! The same like a Teacher Sister MaryMary would not believe Portsmouth in Virginia is not pronounced Ports Mouth but Ports meth , I had to get my Dad who was from that area called Tidewater , to go tell the Sister I was right & she was wrong ! Boy she was pissed off ! Better then being pissed on , I wanted to tell her ! So here's a great Oldie Blast ...

http://youtu.be/rR3ITUBFYqc

Edited by TheWizardofRnR
  • Like 1

Well wasn't Buddy Hollies air crash death mentioned in Don Macleans American Pie,as the day the the music died? although Maclean,has claimed : there was no meaning to his intricate 8+ minutes of lyrics,which has driven pundits crazy for years.Wow they don't come much longer than that....enjoy!

Here it is,a fabulous classic and you can give your own interpretation to the Lyrics.

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1