Boat Confiscation In Thailand

chipchiptv

The boat is legally registered in Thailand. The Thailand Vessel Act authorizes confiscation under Section 54 for noncompliance in registering under Sec. 22, and confiscation under Section 68 for violations of Secs. 47 or 51. This boat and it's Farang owner are in full compliance of all of these sections, and to my knowledge, under full compliance with every Section of the Thailand Vessel Act.

This is a civil matter. A Police complaint should be for criminal matters.

I live here,and are familiar with the corruption of the authorities, especially involving a Thai national/company vs. a Farang individual. However, knowledge, including "local knowledge", is indispensable in order to make a decision.

Thank you to all who have responded to my inquiry.

Chip

Ah but you do know in Thailand complaints even of a civil matter...ie some one owes someone money are lodged with the Thai police, this is not different from someone doing a bunk and not paying a hotel bill

why are you screaming corruption, you have even given details of the matter under dispute ?...further per another thread you appear to be making plans to take the vessel out of Thai waters...

Odd how some people wanting advice are hesitant to give the whole story, often for those that reply it is like pulling teeth. Without the whole story advice can often be incorrect, or the unknown factors could provide a better or worse outcome. This is a forum not a lawyers office, but if you want peoples best opinions give the whole story. B10,000 dispute, pay it and move on, B1 million obvious calls for lawyers.

What difference does the amount mean? It's 30,000b. To me, when a hoax is played on me, I fight it regardless of the amount. I am very well able to pay, I have never failed to pay my bills. Ever. I have a perfect credit rating, but I don't like being swindled, in anyone's jurisdiction. The Thais are good at swindles against Farangs, but mainly because no one fights them. We trend toward being cowards, we give up, excusing our weakness by explaining that we are powerless against the BIG LOCAL MACHINE.. It is evident in many of the responses. In reality, the BIG LOCAL MACHINE is very helpless against RIGHT and TRUTH, if anyone dares to stand up to them. In the instant case, one Thai company intentionally set up the scam, was successful in skimming the Thai marina for berthing charges, so the Thai marina is looking to the Farang to intimidate into covering their losses.

I am trying to gather information from a number of sources to determine a good strategy to fight back. And I know it is an uphill battle. Thank you to the many concerned and helpful responders.

Chip

Edited by chipchiptv

What difference does the amount mean? It's 30,000b. To me, when a hoax is played on me, I fight it regardless of the amount. I am very well able to pay, I have never failed to pay my bills. Ever. I have a perfect credit rating, but I don't like being swindled, in anyone's jurisdiction. The Thais are good at swindles against Farangs, but mainly because no one fights them. We trend toward being cowards, we give up, excusing our weakness by explaining that we are powerless against the BIG LOCAL MACHINE.. It is evident in many of the responses. In reality, the BIG LOCAL MACHINE is very helpless against RIGHT and TRUTH, if anyone dares to stand up to them. In the instant case, one Thai company intentionally set up the scam, was successful in skimming the Thai marina for berthing charges, so the Thai marina is looking to the Farang to intimidate into covering their losses.

I am trying to gather information from a number of sources to determine a good strategy to fight back. And I know it is an uphill battle. Thank you to the many concerned and helpful responders.

Chip

so how did the bill came about, care to share? from your other thread you seems to be planning to sail your boat overseas, is that part of your strategy for an uphill battle?

Agree 30k is a good chunk of change, however anyone who has taken up the crusade you are about to embark upon will tell you that even if you win it is a fair bet you will still be out of pocket the 30k ++ ...plus the stress..!? You are no doubt aware how slowly the wheels grind ....think about it; do you really want to be wrangling with this for a year or so?

Be you right or wrong,think I would first negotiate a settlement and then go sailing....

Curious ...which marina?

On a lighter note ..You must know that everything on a boat costs a minimum of 30k to fix....you could always put it down to a haul out and anti-fouling that did not happen....5555

Agree 30k is a good chunk of change, however anyone who has taken up the crusade you are about to embark upon will tell you that even if you win it is a fair bet you will still be out of pocket the 30k ++ ...plus the stress..!? You are no doubt aware how slowly the wheels grind ....think about it; do you really want to be wrangling with this for a year or so?

Be you right or wrong,think I would first negotiate a settlement and then go sailing....

Curious ...which marina?

On a lighter note ..You must know that everything on a boat costs a minimum of 30k to fix....you could always put it down to a haul out and anti-fouling that did not happen....5555

30k versus the cost of the vessel being possibly impounded due to a berthing charge dispute..!...if the OP really insists on fighting this moral battle with the marina, he needs to take on a lawyer, the onus is on him to prove he doesnt owe the money