How Long Have You Been Here?

daftpunker

Used to live there, but didn't have the patience. Been back and forth many times since and get bored quick. Would like to live again permanently when I'm older and can get a life there. Waiting for kids to grow up, I wan't them educated in Oz ideally plus I'm on a good wicket here too, stupid to give it up.

To live there I need to work otherwise i'll just want to come back to Oz, I need a gym etc. Can't just lob in. This farang thinks too much.

Made the mistake first time round of building a home out in the sticks where the family lives and found I wanted my own home in a developed area, not in the middle of nowhere, as beautiful as nowhere seems for a short while

Edited by damo
  • Like 1

More than thirty five years and yes. I answered this question again, that must give you an idea of my patience.coffee1.gif

Patience is taking 45yrs to go back to where you always wanted to live. Not in the city, not in a village.

\

Had a few years of coming here for 3 to 6 months a year (Pattaya). Moved here permanently 3 years ago got married and now live in a small village in Buriram. Not for some people who like to party etc. but I love it. No intention of returning home. But there again life is what you make it.

Came here 23 years ago ,liked it so stayed for a while ,got into buisness and eventually married a Thai girl we lived in the uk have a son and came back and for with buisness,7 years ago came back for good ,couldnt imagine living in the UK ever again ,just visit to see familly

Am I mistaken or was it really you who started the thread 'What do you do when the poo hits the fan?"?

• Like 1

I moved here for a job in 1991 and since then worked for five years in Kalifornia to top up my Social Security and pension. Other than that five miserable years, I have been here full time.

No more nanny and politically correct states for me.

Came here 23 years ago ,liked it so stayed for a while ,got into buisness and eventually married a Thai girl we lived in the uk have a son and came back and for with buisness,7 years ago came back for good ,couldnt imagine living in the UK ever again ,just visit to see familly

Am I mistaken or was it really you who started the thread 'What do you do when the poo hits the fan?"?

yes that was me

First came here in 1967 and worked for several years with Philco, FEC and Trans-Asia. Moved on to other SEA countries, middle east and other places to work then returned to retire in mid 90's. Piece all that together andl I guess I have been here (Thailand) around 25 years.

I've been lying and working in Thailand for 14 out of the past 20 years - The six years I've not been here have been as enjoyable as the 14 I have.

I don't believe you.

Oh for heaven's sake. Drop it

• Like 1

I'm 31 and I've lived here for 4 years. I'm semi-retired and live in Pattaya.

I doubt I'll ever get tired of this place. When I'm 70, I'm sure I'll still love it. Well, maybe not if it gets too expensive. In that case I'll be on a beach somewhere in Kenya enjoying the carnal delights..giggle.gif

I've been lying and working in Thailand for 14 out of the past 20 years - The six years I've not been here have been as enjoyable as the 14 I have.

I don't believe you.

I'll ask again, drop what ?

let me say it in more simpler terms, she means drop the bs comments like 'i dont believe you'.

Been here since '92. MEt my partner in the US and we moved here. Have loved my whole time here, and only go back to the States every year and a half or so. Too many other places in the world I want to see rather then spend money to go back to my dreary hometown.

• Like 1

I don't believe you.

I think you missed the joke. The mistype was "lying". That's why he doesn't believe him. wink.png