Stimulating stem and left production on "leggy" sapling

I've got a Mitragyna speciosa sapling which is all "leggy" stems with few leaves. 

How to I stimulate this sapling to sprout more branches as well as to stimulate leaf production?

20240526_130106.jpg

20240526_130045.jpg

20240526_125608.jpg

20240526_125549.jpg

20240526_125515.jpg

Looking at the photos, I would say the surrounding shade is the problem, like that big tree, it is short on space it is getting leggy as it is trying to get more light by growing up, and not putting out any new shoots.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Kratom may not grow as well in northern Thailand as it does at our daughter's farm in Chumphon, where it thrives even in partial shade of larger trees.

Give it the best growing conditions, soil and water management. Soil heath building with bio-fertilizer, bio-stimulants, mulching and deep watering once or twice a week during the dry season. 

I don't grow kratom, but for other tree and landscape plantings and veggie garden, I use biological fertilizer,

- a bat-guano/cow-manure product available at an ag shop across the road from MaeJo University.

- Takumi Fish Fertilizer, also available in Mae Jo, at the Maruchu Bussan store.

I also use a biostimulant, liquid worm castings effluent, from MJU cannabis farm vermicompost store. 

https://www.fertileearthlandcare.com/watering-trees/

Bat Guano.jpg

Takumi Fish Fertilizer.jpg

Edited by drtreelove