Ais Vs True

Hssl

This leaves a very sour taste in my mouth.

Leaves a sour taste in everyone's mouth I guess? Other countries in region don't have these so called "unlimited" 3G plans that kick back to 64kbps after hitting the "limit". They have 3G at 3G speeds that can be refilled when the money runs out. Is this not available in Thailand because we are still waiting the 3G auction - or will it be same afterwards as well?

Not sure which countries you are referring to? Can you share? I know AT&T in the U.S. does cap (2G/EDGE!) some/all unlimited data plans variously at 3 GB and 5 GB (LTE).

I think many, perhaps more advanced (and by 'advanced' I mean millions of users, and with a robust fixed-broadband infrastructure) locales do have mobile broadband fair-use caps and associated speed limits? Without these a few power-users could easily overwhelm a single POP, and even the broader network, which does have some unique inherent limitations.

With DTAC/Happy once one reaches their limit they do also have the option to un-subscribe (requires a call to 1678) and then you can re-subscribe to another plan. I am not sure if you can do this with AIS/One-2-Call (I think so), or TrueMove H?

Note that fair-use speed limits vary here by service provider and plan - from 64 Kbps to 384 Kbps. There are no hard-caps,a s far as I know. Note that most time-based plans are capped at 384 Kbps from the get-go, and do continue to deplete at some default rate (1 baht/min) once you go over the cap, so be careful.

Edited by lomatopo

I have AIS and Dtac and I roam a fair bit mostly in Issan and provinces east of Bkk. Voice on AIS is definitely patchy. I've noticed it deteriorating over the last 6 months or so. I don't use AIS for internet now cos they ripped me of with mis-selling their packages (too much small print showing the limits, etc.)

I use Dtac unlimited monthly for internet and I set my smartone (Nokia n900) to run on gsm speeds only so that I could use the 3G when I was in town and wanted a download. Guess what ! Even with my phone carefully selected to gsm only - Dtac still send me the sms messages to tell me that my "allowance" of 1Gb at 3g-speed is part-used, then all used-up. I have double-checked my settings, tried it over several months, discussed it with the supervisor at Dtac, but it has never stopped happening. sad.png

Not sure I understand you, but I assume you think that when logged in through a 2 G network, your data isn't counted as 3G data but taken out of the unlimited speed reduced part.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, with none of the providers afaik.

All your data is deducted from your data allowance regardless.of the fact you are connected through 2G.

And when you have reached your cap, speed will be limited...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

I had dtac and all data was counted to 3G limit. Now I have AIS and my ais widget shows I have 3G 3145 MB left, 2G unlimited. Never used 3G this month so maybe AIS now don't count all data as 3G data? Package is that 799b/month unlimited

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

True's special offers are a mess....very difficult to understand.

example: http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/packagedetail/32/Data_and_Wi_fi_Topping_:_%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9E%E0%B9%87%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%88%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%99

On this page they have 3g and wifi topping... check out the 350b tariff.. in the one at the bottom it seems you get free calls (maybe texts) and SMS for the same price as the internet only package.. bizarre.

Maybe, but unless one has a severe case of OCD, I would prefer some slight screw on prompt materials over a screw up of network quality / coverage. They are by far the best network so far for 3G.

True's special offers are a mess....very difficult to understand.

example: http://truemoveh.tru...เà¸"ือน

On this page they have 3g and wifi topping... check out the 350b tariff.. in the one at the bottom it seems you get free calls (maybe texts) and SMS for the same price as the internet only package.. bizarre.

Maybe, but unless one has a severe case of OCD, I would prefer some slight screw on prompt materials over a screw up of network quality / coverage. They are by far the best network so far for 3G.

well i'm happy enough now... I called yesterday to try and get the promo Iphone 'M' package because it would suit me well (currently on smartpone 899)

Got told could not have it as that was a buy new iphone package (fair enough) but i did aSK WHAT ARE THEY DOING FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS..

I actually got a call back from True today but was outside and couldn't hear her.. asked her to call me back 10 mins later she did and i now have 3 months 1/2 price 899B DEAL..... SO including the original 4 months 1/2 price i got 7 months 1/2 price in total... i'm happy enough biggrin.png