Nana Screw Gala Opening

Maejo Man

If memory serves an old man correctly, Nana is what I, and many others used to call our grandmothers.

.... and like Jeffrey when I saw Nana Screw , I inadvertently thought how cunning a camo name for a massage joint for old persons..... wonder what the grand opening give-a-ways are going to be

Well life does go on ....... albeit much more slowly

Nana Screw has long been my favorite CM hardware store. Found Loctite, good stainless fasteners, other important and hard-to-find stuff. Glad to see that the new and improved location is ready for business.

"Nana" in Thai is a prefix meaning diverse, various, multiple. Nanachat=international; nanachanit=of many types.

.... wonder what the grand opening give-a-ways are going to be

probably not what you expect...sure to have a little twist somewhere

I always found it best to use a washer if you don't want your nuts too tight... otherwise over time of too long non use they will rust over. Stainless ones are the best.

At first I thought this might be a nasty post. With a name like Nana. From the photo is shows tools. With a name like screw I thought fasteners. There is a wonderful shop with every kind imaginable just across the river. Screws that is, not tools.

I've been also misled by the topic title :lol:

sent from my Android phone

I went and had a look today. It's next door to North Gate Jazz Co-op - opposite Chang Puak Gate.

I never went to the old store so I can't compare stock between the two. What the new store has is mostly power tools (drills, sanders etc) and a rang of associated tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc). I saw some air compressors, chainsaws and work stations as well.

The staff mentioned to me that due to them having their opening party they were doing good deals. So if your in the market, and know what constitutes a good deal, now might be the time to visit.

Howzabout a full set of metric tools (open end and circle wrenches), and ratchet drives w/ a full set of socket wrenches, with multiple extension lengths, full Allen, Phillips, and all the weirdo keys for automotive plastic lenses, wire stripping tool and crimper, as well as the mundane screwdrivers, etc.- all in a nice hard clamshell plastic case, about the size of a small briefcase. No hammers or other <deleted> that doesn't relate to automotive/motorcycle.

Back in the US, you could buy a quality set like this for about 99 USD at Costco, Sears, etc.

I've been to Home Pro, they don't have.

Global maybe, but too far for me and I'll spend too much money there anyway.

I'll try the new Nana Screw, and see if I can find the tool set of my dreams....

Howzabout a full set of metric tools (open end and circle wrenches), and ratchet drives w/ a full set of socket wrenches, with multiple extension lengths, full Allen, Phillips, and all the weirdo keys for automotive plastic lenses, wire stripping tool and crimper, as well as the mundane screwdrivers, etc.- all in a nice hard clamshell plastic case, about the size of a small briefcase. No hammers or other <deleted> that doesn't relate to automotive/motorcycle.

Back in the US, you could buy a quality set like this for about 99 USD at Costco, Sears, etc.

I'll try the new Nana Screw, and see if I can find the tool set of my dreams....

In my experience these hobby sets are poor quality & bulked out with stuff you'll never need, the only exception might be Sears/Craftsman but they still bulk them out.

Better to buy a good quality set of spanners + a good set of sockets etc etc & custom fit them to a box with high density foam packing.

This is not a cheap option however.

Nana Screw is probably my favorite store in Thailand. Before I found it, being unable to walk into a shop and buy the fasteners I wanted was one of my greatest frustrations here.. Unfortunately, it is 400 km away from me, but it figures prominently into my plans for any trip to Chiangmai. I look forward to seeing the new store.

In the U.S. circle wrenches are actually called box wrenches..But circle wrenches makes more sense as they are actually shaped like a circle and not a box.

There is a wonderful shop with every kind imaginable just across the river. Screws that is, not tools.

Just across which river from where would that shop be Jeffrey?

How many rivers does Chiang Mai have running through it ?

Cross the river by the US Consulet left side about 500 meters up

wonderful shop

all grades and types

There is a wonderful shop with every kind imaginable just across the river. Screws that is, not tools.

Probably help to know what side of the river he is on to begin with. His description fits all of Chiang Mai.

Probably help to know what side of the river he is on to begin with. His description fits all of Chiang Mai.

Well as I understand it it's about 500m East of the Nakorn Ping bridge left side on the way to Doi Saket.

I'll have a look; sometimes I'm just desperate for a good screw.