Jomtian Park Villas

khiggens

Hi All,

I am very interested in buying a villa in this development,it would be in phase 4,i have been told by the very charming sales staff that everyone in phase 1 has recieved their chanoots,and that the other phases are being processed.I have noted many comments on this forum,i just wonder if anyone has any recent information.

Thanks in advance,

K.Higgens

Hi All,

I am very interested in buying a villa in this development,it would be in phase 4,i have been told by the very charming sales staff that everyone in phase 1 has recieved their chanoots,and that the other phases are being processed.I have noted many comments on this forum,i just wonder if anyone has any recent information.

Thanks in advance,

K.Higgens

what ever they ask for ...... offer 40% less and you'd be about right

go into phase 1, knock on a door and ask the owner if they have received the title deed!!

If the answer is no, then knocking of 80% off the price is pointless.

Thanks Lemel.I found out that the developer lives in phase 1 ,he was very helpful,and showed me some original chanoots and copies of the others in phase 1.Now it's time to negotiate!

go into phase 1, knock on a door and ask the owner if they have received the title deed!!

Thanks Lemel.I found out that the developer lives in phase 1 ,he was very helpful,and showed me some original chanoots and copies of the others in phase 1.Now it's time to negotiate!

Rip Off...............plain and simple, theses developers are stealing your money

Just wondered; can you read Thai?

LaoPo

Just wondered; can you read Thai?

LaoPo

No.Fortunatly my Thai wife has studied law,and is happy that they are what the developer has claimed.Should the negotiations go well,i will then be appointing a lawyer to do the processing.

Good luck with it!

But just be careful, places in the area are ways over priced right now in the mist of current over supply of new and existing homes. Me too, we just got back from Jomtien area after spent 3 weeks of house hunting and land hunting, but didn't look at Jomtien villa though. Our budget is around 10-12mil baths, but didn't see anything reasonable enough or worth of that money to buy....will have to wait until the end of the year again to do more hunting. We also looked at the area of Bang Sare...the beach is very clean - and only 10 mins away.

Just make sure to ask how much is the maintainance fee a month...you could be in for a shock.

Edited by BKK90210

Good luck with it!

But just be careful, places in the area are ways over priced right now in the mist of current over supply of new and existing homes. Me too, we just got back from Jomtien area after spent 3 weeks of house hunting and land hunting, but didn't look at Jomtien villa though. Our budget is around 10-12mil baths, but didn't see anything reasonable enough or worth of that money to buy....will have to wait until the end of the year again to do more hunting. We also looked at the area of Bang Sare...the beach is very clean - and only 10 mins away.

Just make sure to ask how much is the maintainance fee a month...you could be in for a shock.

Thanks BKK90210,

This is around the same as my budget.I am considering a 3 bed,on 162 tw.The maintainance fees are not too bad (27 baht tw) and seem to be in line with other comparable developments,and the location is very good,this appears to be an up and coming area.Please correct me if i'm wrong as any advise is really apppreciated.

Thanks

Good luck with it!

Thanks BKK90210,

This is around the same as my budget.I am considering a 3 bed,on 162 tw.The maintainance fees are not too bad (27 baht tw) and seem to be in line with other comparable developments,and the location is very good,this appears to be an up and coming area.Please correct me if i'm wrong as any advise is really apppreciated.

Thanks

27B/tw is not that bad. The location seems ok.

But for me personally would like to be able to walk/jog to the beach - exercise my old legs often. I hate to stuck inside the house or use the car all the times. We both have simple taste, so walking and jogging along the beach and eating the local thai foods are like heaven for us. Both of us don't drink and love to stay at home and read, so having some sea-view is very important....I guess just have to keep looking for us...BangSare is the best candidate so far

When we were there recently, we had look at the constuction in a few of developments. We didn't feel that impress about the ways they're doing. Since we have the engineering background, it's so hard for us not to be critical about the technical specifications. I just look at the spec. of Jomtien villa over the net, it seems ok overall, eventhough some doubt about the septic tank location since the land is so small. I would like to see at least between 10-20 feet from the foundation. I have also a few suggestions if you need them

I think the wind and most hot sun are from the west and southwest - if I'm not wrong

1) Just make sure the septic tank is not too close to the home

2) Have adequate over hang along the W, SW side for the protection from the wind and sun - and good for your air-cond bill too

3) Make sure the pool is not on the W or SW side - you will get alot of glare

I also have some doubt about the construction of the foundation, but don't want to get too technical without seeing the actual construction. If your floor is a slab-on-grade, just make sure it has some type of vapor barrier underneath the slab, otherwise later you will have a mucky smell you can't get rid of or molds. Make sure the bathroom has both p-traps and vent hole.

Lastly...just go to phrase 1 & 2 and ask some existing residents if they have any problems with any part of the stucture. It's very commom in Thailand not to have a proper ground compaction for the foundation, this will resulted in many small cracks on the wall a few yrs later due to settlement...ask residents about this problem also.

I hope everything go well with you and mrs.

BKK

Edited by BKK90210

BKK90210 - what is the signifigance of having a septic tank in a new house 20 odd feet away from the property? Based on current newbuild rules, any single dwelling has to have a plastic septic tank connected to 2 large concrete overflow tanks and the principal behind this is that the waste is broken down in the plastic septic tank and then essentially water overflows into the concrete tanks and then waste away through a gravel base. The theory is that these tanks rarely need emptying as the bacteria within the plastic tank basically eat the waste. Waste water (showers, sinks etc) do not run into these tanks, basically its just toilet waste. The plastic tank is 2/3rds filled with water at the outset to prevent the plastic tank collapsing under the weight of surrounding earth.

Also if the tank is 20 feet away from the house, thats a lot of distance for the PVC pipes to run when you considered the angles involved. i.e the further away, the deeper you have to bury the tanks (and higher risk of collapse and ground water seeping into the plastic and concrete tanks after a downpour.

With your engineering background I am sure you can explain because I have always been quite impressed by the approach taken here.

BKK90210 - what is the signifigance of having a septic tank in a new house 20 odd feet away from the property? Based on current newbuild rules, any single dwelling has to have a plastic septic tank connected to 2 large concrete overflow tanks and the principal behind this is that the waste is broken down in the plastic septic tank and then essentially water overflows into the concrete tanks and then waste away through a gravel base. The theory is that these tanks rarely need emptying as the bacteria within the plastic tank basically eat the waste. Waste water (showers, sinks etc) do not run into these tanks, basically its just toilet waste. The plastic tank is 2/3rds filled with water at the outset to prevent the plastic tank collapsing under the weight of surrounding earth.

Also if the tank is 20 feet away from the house, thats a lot of distance for the PVC pipes to run when you considered the angles involved. i.e the further away, the deeper you have to bury the tanks (and higher risk of collapse and ground water seeping into the plastic and concrete tanks after a downpour.

With your engineering background I am sure you can explain because I have always been quite impressed by the approach taken here.

Remember there is no one standard that fits for everything. Something may be a part of smaller matrix, but another thing many be a part of bigger matrix.....always try to look/think beyond the surface information.

As a rule of thumb: (exact distance varies base on existing soils, ground water source, local regulation, and etc.) Below will address some of your concerns

1) “what is the signifigance of having a septic tank in a new house 20 odd feet away from the property?”

7 ft minimum – if it next to a non-habitable structure…such as sala, gazebo, dog house etc.

- at least 7 ft allowable room for easy access to maintenances and repairs….worst what if the flow pipe break?

10 ft minimum – if it next to a habitable structure without a basement…such as a house

- mostly for hygiene reason + maintenances and repairs access as mentioned above

20 ft minimum – if it next to a house with basement

-First 10 ft. – is critical - minimum un-disturb area next to the basement wall, preventing an increase in pressure on the basement wall during repairs

2) “considered the angles involved - the further away, the deeper you have to bury the tanks”

Very.....you think how deep is it going to be when min. slope for the flow pipe is only ¼” per foot. This is only 2.5” dip more from your original proposed distance for every 10 ft!

How much will be an increase in surround soil pressure?...not that much!

3) “Waste water (showers, sinks etc) do not run into these tanks, basically its just toilet waste.”

This is not true. For proper built home - All of them must go either in the septic tank ….or city/subdivision sewer pipe system. Have you thought about….soap scums or your pee in shower water? Or you happen to throw-up in the sink, or face soap scums, or from shaving cream? Anyway these water are not clean water….unless you plan to discharge them around your lawn by choice.

4) “newbuild rules, any single dwelling has to have a plastic septic tank connected to 2 large concrete overflow tanks and the principal behind this is that the waste is broken down in the plastic septic tank”

Does Thailand have any building code?....I’m dying to know what code – tell me

Rule of thumb again : In general, for a 3 bedrooms home = 1000 gallons tank + additional 250 gallons per one of those fancy Jacuzzi/whirlpool….just it case everybody discharge waste water at the same time – prevent an overflow

5) “The theory is that these tanks rarely need emptying as the bacteria within the plastic tank basically eat the waste”

Partly true

The basic theory is true…but in reality is doesn’t work that way. Below is why

As population is aging, there’s an increase use of antibiotics type of medicine. Most antibiotic ingredients have ability to kill bacteria in the tank. This is a common problem in many home that have senior citizen or sick patients….therefore preventing the bacteria from doing their job..... because most of them are already dead bye bye. Unknowingly without regular checkup or emptying…it will cause a bad odor smell coming through septic vent pipe and eventually an overflow. This is why you want to put some distance between the tank and your home…and you will need those distance I mentioned above for repair/empty access too.

6) " then essentially water overflows into the concrete tanks and then waste away through a gravel base”

Have you thought about the existing soil condition and the ability to absorb or disburse the waste water?...like sand, gravel, loam, or clay soil? Diff. treatment needed for the proper preparation bases on the existing soil condition and obsorbtion level in that specific discharge area.

One shoe does not fit all!......

Only short version here....I hate to write the lengthy version

BKK

Years ago I built a new house in Ohio. I already had a good septic system in the ground. The problem was that I didn't want the new house where the old house was. I ended up about 120 feet from the existing septic tank. The contractor told me to cave in the old one and put in new because I would have big problems running the outlet that far. The guy who had put in the original septic system told me I could use the existing system with no problems. He got a company who had a laser trencher. The fall was one inch per hundred feet. I never had any problems and saved a LOT of money.

Years ago I built a new house in Ohio. I already had a good septic system in the ground. The problem was that I didn't want the new house where the old house was. I ended up about 120 feet from the existing septic tank. The contractor told me to cave in the old one and put in new because I would have big problems running the outlet that far. The guy who had put in the original septic system told me I could use the existing system with no problems. He got a company who had a laser trencher. The fall was one inch per hundred feet. I never had any problems and saved a LOT of money.

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions,especially BKK.Sorry for the late reply,as i have just got back from Bangkok with the wife(looking at furniture)and now i will be visiting the land once more with a compass i might add!

Cheers