Ferrari That Killed Bangkok Cop Was Doing 200Kph; Red Bull Heir

webfact

Bull do do; based on the picture of the Ferrari that I saw the driver might have been traveling at 50 kph. If he was going 200 the motorcycle would have been thrown a 1000 meters or more and been just about obliterated. The showed the bike too and it was still driveable. At 200kph the front of the Ferrari would have significantly more damage too, the pictures shown on TV show evidence of a fender bender which would support the claim the body was dragged 200 m. Drive down Shukuwit near the On Nut BTS, there is a late model mini van with the front end destroyed, the vehicle isn't driveable. Based on the theory purported in the article I guess the mini van must have been going 300kph.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

200KMH? No. Way.

If he would have been going 200, the whole front would have been smashed in much more and the policeman would have gone through the windshield. The motorcycle would have been mangled to bits and IMPLANTED into the Ferrari.

Remember the Porsche incident with the girl? He was going MUCH faster.

That Ferrari was going 70. Tops.

All of a sudden Thaivisa members are roadcrash experts.

If you know anything about cars or have ever been in an accident, you know this is total BS.

Use some common sense.

Have you ever seen what happens when things go wrong at that speed? Even if the motorcycle would have been traveling 80, the damage would be been much more severe.

They should check the car's ECU. It will show the speed at time of impact.

Most likely the only place that can read that ECU is Ferrari dealership owned by suspect's family, so good luck there... ;)

Bull do do; based on the picture of the Ferrari that I saw the driver might have been traveling at 50 kph. If he was going 200 the motorcycle would have been thrown a 1000 meters or more and been just about obliterated. The showed the bike too and it was still driveable. At 200kph the front of the Ferrari would have significantly more damage too, the pictures shown on TV show evidence of a fender bender which would support the claim the body was dragged 200 m. Drive down Shukuwit near the On Nut BTS, there is a late model mini van with the front end destroyed, the vehicle isn't driveable. Based on the theory purported in the article I guess the mini van must have been going 300kph.

My physics teacher would have busted a gut after reading that.

In your in-depth calculation I would assume that you had factored in relative mass, relative velocity, relative direction of travel and the amount of friction and resistance on the target.

This was not a hammer hitting a stationery Victoria sponge cake.

200KMH? No. Way.

If he would have been going 200, the whole front would have been smashed in much more and the policeman would have gone through the windshield. The motorcycle would have been mangled to bits and IMPLANTED into the Ferrari.

Remember the Porsche incident with the girl? He was going MUCH faster.

That Ferrari was going 70. Tops.

All of a sudden Thaivisa members are roadcrash experts.

Of course....along with being toxicologists, legal experts, coroners, medical examiners, military experts, commissioned officers and Ex-special forces ....Sherlock Holmes has nothing on TV's finest professionals...

You should know by now that TV members think they are experts on pretty much everything...

Just because some guy with an academic title before his name appears on the TV with the caption 'expert in X' on the screen often doesn't mean very much.

eg we were told by so-called 'experts' that nuclear power would provide clean, abundant, safe energy, too cheap to meter.

Then we had the Windscale, Three mile island, Chernobyl and Fukushima nuclear disasters, which we were told could never happen.

A healthy dose of scepticism and discussion from the ordinary man in the street in forums like this is healthy.

It is always sad to hear of yet another traffic incident, which raises many questions. What speed was the policeman doing? Was he wearing a helmet? Was he wearing protective clothing? was he driving in a manner acceptable to other road users? For myself I have winessed numerous occasions when police drivers act like members of a medievil jousting fraternity, attempting to rule the road with peculiar and questionable manouvers whilst wearing no helmet or other protective clothing but rather concentrating on carrying a large book presumably full of infringement notices ready to be applied to other road users for breaching the very same laws that the some officers continues to ignore. Take a drive along Sukhumvit Rd and see for yourself...........RIP Mr policeman and condolences to your family

It only seems absurd if your thinking the motorcycle was stopped , then the car would be totaled and undrivable and the motorcycle would be imbeded into the car , but if the motorcycle was moving at a higher rate of speed then it makes more sense and is plausable

I agree with Friskodude and polapati. At 124 mph, there would be alot more damage than the pictures I've seen. That motorcycle would have been disintigrated.

It only seems that way if you think the motorcycle was stopped or moving very slowly , then the car would be totaled and the motorcycle imbeded into the car , however if the motorcycle was moving much faster it is perfectly plausable.

It is always sad to hear of yet another traffic incident, which raises many questions. What speed was the policeman doing? Was he wearing a helmet? Was he wearing protective clothing? was he driving in a manner acceptable to other road users? For myself I have winessed numerous occasions when police drivers act like members of a medievil jousting fraternity, attempting to rule the road with peculiar and questionable manouvers whilst wearing no helmet or other protective clothing but rather concentrating on carrying a large book presumably full of infringement notices ready to be applied to other road users for breaching the very same laws that the some officers continues to ignore. Take a drive along Sukhumvit Rd and see for yourself...........RIP Mr policeman and condolences to your family

Not sure where you are going to with this post. Is your name 'Boss'? It does not matter one iota if you are wearing a helmet, wearing protective clothing, or driving in an acceptable manner, when a performance car hits you at 200 kph you are dead. Whatever happened that night, it really is not the policeman's fault is it? The Ferrari was doing 120 mph on the streets of Bangkok and a helmet and a set of leathers would not have helped anyone survive the impact. Funny, you come on here implying the fault of the policeman and then offer condolences to his family !

Doesn't seem like a very sincere condolence message Gai Tod.

Let us say the policeman was doing a handstand on his bike at the time of impact. Does that make it condonable in any way to be mowed down by a speeding driver? I think not.

• Like 1

It does not matter how was the policeman geared and how was his driving.

He was hit from behind at very high speed, was dragged for quite a long distance by the same car, was left dead on the street, and the one who drove the car that hit him just went back home without stopping to try to help.

Period!