Pattaya To Hua Hin Ferry Proposals Discussed In Meeting

Rimmer

The original Wavepiecer service in the late 80s was excellent.

The vessel commenced the journey in Bangkok. A nice scenic trip up the Chaophraya to Pattaya, and then accross to Hua Hin.

The service was way ahead of it's time, as Hua Hin was mainly a weekend excursion venue for Bangkok residents.

Also there very few hotels in Hua Hin , prior to much of the old wooden town burning down.

I understand the operators polled the loss making service, and transferred the vessel to the Phuket- Penang route.

Ok, i'll give it a go:

One Knot is equal to 1.852 Km per hour

X 30 Knots per hour = 55.56 kms covered per hour.

If total distance is 113km divided by 55.56 = 2.03 hrs to reach destination.

Give the man a cigar, Ladyboy and voucher for McDonalds dinner in the post to you

...I always thought Chulalongkorn was one of the better universites, but it appears they didnt know that you cant divide distance in km/h by knots, the distance would need to be in nautical miles or as sotsira has done covert the knots to km/h

Further..it must be some vessel they intend to use cruising at 30 knots, the fuel costs alone may make this a pie in the sky idea anyway at you would be burning a serious amount of fuel on each leg

Hydrofoil? Far cheaper fuel costs that a conventional hull at an equivalent cruising speed .... is a little more thirsty at slow (docking) manouevring speed, but as that's only be a few hundred yards, it'd be insignificant over the whole journey. Also of course, hydrofoils cruise at a higher speed than mono or dual hulls.

The original Wavepiecer service in the late 80s was excellent.

The vessel commenced the journey in Bangkok. A nice scenic trip up the Chaophraya to Pattaya, and then accross to Hua Hin.

The service was way ahead of it's time, as Hua Hin was mainly a weekend excursion venue for Bangkok residents.

Also there very few hotels in Hua Hin , prior to much of the old wooden town burning down.

I understand the operators polled the loss making service, and transferred the vessel to the Phuket- Penang route.

But now you say it.Hua Hin was mainly a weekend excursion venue for Bangkok residents, and it still is.Bangkok people decide between Huahin-Chaam and Pattaya for their weekend trips,but why they want a pattaya-huahin line is behind my understanding.

Ok, i'll give it a go:

One Knot is equal to 1.852 Km per hour

X 30 Knots per hour = 55.56 kms covered per hour.

If total distance is 113km divided by 55.56 = 2.03 hrs to reach destination.

Give the man a cigar, Ladyboy and voucher for McDonalds dinner in the post to you

...I always thought Chulalongkorn was one of the better universites, but it appears they didnt know that you cant divide distance in km/h by knots, the distance would need to be in nautical miles or as sotsira has done covert the knots to km/h

Further..it must be some vessel they intend to use cruising at 30 knots, the fuel costs alone may make this a pie in the sky idea anyway at you would be burning a serious amount of fuel on each leg

perhaps the 30 knots is the typo,

Research has been undertaken by the Chulalongkorn University for this public sector project which will be entirely funded by the government and is expected to boost the Pattaya economy by an impressive 2 Trillion Baht, according to the research.

2,000,000,000,000 baht or, per the good people at xe.com, USD 64,070,938,885.38. rolleyes.gif

I wonder if Chulalongkorn actually distributed a report with this number.

TAT idiots coming up with Mickey Mouse numbers again they really are an embassment to the country.

Build a bridge

Think of the money what could be skimmed off clap2.gif

They should consider using the Pattaya Yellow submarine

Or they could use the Catameran which is property of Cityhall...................oops,I forgot that one has been missing for several years already.

Build a bridge

Think of the money what could be skimmed off clap2.gif

They should consider using the Pattaya Yellow submarine

Or they could use the Catameran which is property of Cityhall...................oops,I forgot that one has been missing for several years already.

Was'nt a cat but a monohull.

Started falling to pieces within a year :P

No idea where it went...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

Apart from the Novelty value for Tourists, I don't see any HuaHin ferry ever being a commercial success when the Bus/Van will be cheaper and probably quicker, given schedules and messing around before and after.

Edited by Satcommlee

Apart from the Novelty value for Tourists, I don't see any HuaHin ferry ever being a commercial success when the Bus/Van will be cheaper and probably quicker, given schedules and messing around before and after.

Howabout a jetski service between Pattaya and Hua Hin...whistling.gif

• Like 1

Howabout a jetski service between Pattaya and Hua Hin...whistling.gif

If you rent from anywhere near Mike shopping Mall or Royal garden Plaza... You are probably better off heading in that Direction than returning to the beach.