Idiots Who Come To Thailand.

chiangmaikelly

The real idiots are the ones who only eat Thai food because they are skint not because they are worldly as they make out.

In Thailand, you'd be an idiot not to eat Thai food if you were skint.

SC

In Thailand you'd be an idiot not to eat Thai food period, regardless of your wealth or not, otherwise there was little point in comming here in the first place.

I ate loads of Thai food, i love it but its not healthy. So now i just cook my own food and i am certainly no idiot. Its cheaper to eat Thai food for sure.

It is OK we understand. Wait till you grow up. Growing up means over 60.smile.png

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Thailand you'd be an idiot not to eat Thai food period, regardless of your wealth or not, otherwise there was little point in comming here in the first place.

I ate loads of Thai food, i love it but its not healthy. So now i just cook my own food and i am certainly no idiot. Its cheaper to eat Thai food for sure.

It is OK we understand. Wait till you grow up. Growing up means over 60.smile.png

I worry i won't make 60 if i consume Thai food. biggrin.png I also might end up twice the size i am now and look like the only thing i do all day is drinking beer. So no way no matter how delicious the food is.

The real idiots are the ones who only eat Thai food because they are skint not because they are worldly as they make out.

SC

In Italy you'd be an idiot not to eat Italian food. Can you imagine going to Rome and trying to find a Big Mac? Absolute nonesense. Especially if you were dining with the Godfather! Godfather what should I eat? Eat the pasta. OK, so he orders a Big Mac. You know he is going to end up with a horse head in his bed.smile.png

So you're the godfather in your story.

• Like 1

If you end up with a horses head in your bed....what happens to the rest of the horse ?.....sold to the Belgians or French ?...so what your suggesting is when I ate horse meat in Brussels it could have had a connection with Mafia ?

If you end up with a horses head in your bed....what happens to the rest of the horse ?.....sold to the Belgians or French ?...so what your suggesting is when I ate horse meat in Brussels it could have had a connection with Mafia ?

Of course not... its used to flog some people like that.

I worry i won't make 60 if i consume Thai food. biggrin.png I also might end up twice the size i am now and look like the only thing i do all day is drinking beer. So no way no matter how delicious the food is.

When I came to Thailand my waist was 29 now it is 34. Doc stopped my drinking so now it's only food I have to worry about but I know what you mean.

• Like 1

SC

In Italy you'd be an idiot not to eat Italian food. Can you imagine going to Rome and trying to find a Big Mac? Absolute nonesense. Especially if you were dining with the Godfather! Godfather what should I eat? Eat the pasta. OK, so he orders a Big Mac. You know he is going to end up with a horse head in his bed.smile.png

If I say I'm the godmother do we get to move it to another forum? I bet it would pick up another 20 pages in that forum.biggrin.png

robblok,

i know you no more about food then i do,

i just cant see thai food being unhealthy, my misses eats all the time, as they do grazing, and is only37kilo when she wasnt pregnant,

and when im at home i tend to loose a little, but i love thai food, its when im here working away from home that i put on lbs, living in digs eating rubbish,

take care,(hope the fishing doing ok)

jake

robblok,

i just cant see thai food being unhealthy, my misses eats all the time, as they do grazing, and is only37kilo when she wasnt pregnant,

and when im at home i tend to loose a little, but i love thai food, its when im here working away from home that i put on lbs, living in digs eating rubbish,

jake

Jake it kinda depends what Thai food. But yes its unhealthy in general. Loads of sugar and usually cheap oils are used. Not to mention that loads of white rice aren't that good for the body.

But if you take food like laab or other vegetable rich foods (without sugar) you will be ok.

But just take a big dish of rice and measure your blood sugar after it.

Some people will stay slim no matter what there are guys who can live off mc donalds and still look in great shape. It also has something to do with your genetics.

The fishing is probably good, but because of the rain i haven't fished that much (i know bad excuse)

SC

So the only thing Thailand has going for it is the food? What about the temples and the jobs and the schools and the buffalo?

What about the weather? The scenery? The laissez-faire attitude and the benevolent oversight of a beloved monarch? The charming company of one's fellow itinerates and the availability of cheap Burmese labour? The love and companionship of one's family and community?

Before I came to Thailand, amongst the things I did not consider were the food and the weather, though many on this forum say that the weather was an important part of their decision. I don't recall anyone saying they came here for the food, though I am sure there must be some who have done so.

SC

The guy did take advice from his GF over the OP, who he had just met, so i dont think there is anything unusual about that. That she didn't know much about his foreign taste in food might not have occurred to him.

He might have learnt something from the experience. Why not take him out again and tell us the outcome of the dinner?

OP should know better than to refer to said lady as girlfriend. It makes you look as nonsensical as your buddy.

Big Mac, neighhhh!

SC

So the only thing Thailand has going for it is the food? What about the temples and the jobs and the schools and the buffalo?

What about the weather? The scenery? The laissez-faire attitude and the benevolent oversight of a beloved monarch? The charming company of one's fellow itinerates and the availability of cheap Burmese labour? The love and companionship of one's family and community?

Before I came to Thailand, amongst the things I did not consider were the food and the weather, though many on this forum say that the weather was an important part of their decision. I don't recall anyone saying they came here for the food, though I am sure there must be some who have done so.

SC

OK I agree to some extent, but the point is, should a person who doesn't eat/wont eat Thai food come and live in Thailand, it hardly seems rational to me.

robblok,

jake

Between the cholesterol and the deep fried fat content yes, it is unhealthy, or rather it can be.

SC

Unless you came for other things and not just the foodthumbsup.gif I would imagine a great number of people didn;t come for the food.whistling.gif

Oh come now, the beaches aren't that great in Pattaya so it must be the food, what else is there. giggle.gif

robblok,

jake

You're equating being thin with being healthy. Most Thai people are thin through not eating much compared to a westerner.

It does depend on what you eat, but Thai food is full of sugar and cholestoral. Very little protein and vegetables in most dishes. If you cook it at home adding more vegetables and obmitting the fatty stuff it can be good, but street food doesn't as it wouldn't sell or make a profit if it did. Look at the amount of pork, pork fat, deep fried chicken in it's skin, deep fried...... well everything at every Thai stall or restaurant.

Even look at the amount of sugar going in a Som Tam. Then you've got all the drinks with 10% + sugar in them that are drunk all day long. Sweetened mayonaise, sweetened bread, sweetened everything.

I also know very thin, light people like you who have had their blood sugar and cholestoral levels tested they are all at high levels. Another thing that's comon is weak bones due to diet across all age ranges which causes problems in later life.

SC

SC

OK I agree to some extent, but the point is, should a person who doesn't eat/wont eat Thai food come and live in Thailand, it hardly seems rational to me.

I don't really like Malay food, but I'm working in Malaysia at the moment. Luckily, like Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur is a metropolitan city where you are not limited to local cuisine only. I know some of you chaps out in the boondocks may not enjoy theluury of reasonably priced international cuisine. Certainly, if one is no going to enjoy the local food, learn to speak the local language and enjoy the company of the local populace, going bush in the boondocks will be comparable to a life of mountain solitude, though perhaps without the peaceful serenity.

SC

robblok,

jake

You're equating being thin with being healthy. Most Thai people are thin through not eating much compared to a westerner.

It does depend on what you eat, but Thai food is full of sugar and cholestoral. Very little protein and vegetables in most dishes. If you cook it at home adding more vegetables and obmitting the fatty stuff it can be good, but street food doesn't as it wouldn't sell or make a profit if it did. Look at the amount of pork, pork fat, deep fried chicken in it's skin, deep fried...... well everything at every Thai stall or restaurant.

Even look at the amount of sugar going in a Som Tam. Then you've got all the drinks with 10% + sugar in them that are drunk all day long. Sweetened mayonaise, sweetened bread, sweetened everything.

I also know very thin, light people like you who have had their blood sugar and cholestoral levels tested they are all at high levels. Another thing that's comon is weak bones due to diet across all age ranges which causes problems in later life.

The Thai people I know stay slim because they have sex a lot. Don't forget that sex burns calories. Sure, it has to be fairly vigorous to get your heart rate going, but a 130-lb person can burn about seven calories per five minutes of vigorous sex. Keep it up for an hour, and you'll burn off 88 calories. For a lot of people I know in Pattaya that is 1000 calories a day.

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

I assume the kitchen serves beef?

whistling.gif

The thread was starting to get tedious....but with the introduction of Belgians, enjoying the smell of one's own farts, the Godfather, and the recent statistics on sex activity vs calorie burning - it is approaching a level of absurdity unseen since the "Thailand turns you bisexual" thread....

Carry on

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

I assume the kitchen serves beef?

whistling.gif

The thread was starting to get tedious....but with the introduction of Belgians, enjoying the smell of one's own farts, the Godfather, and the recent statistics on sex activity vs calorie burning - it is approaching a level of absurdity unseen since the "Thailand turns you bisexual" thread....

Carry on

That was an outstanding thread and closed way too premature like.

• Like 1

robblok,

jake

The Thai people I know stay slim because they have sex a lot. Don't forget that sex burns calories. Sure, it has to be fairly vigorous to get your heart rate going, but a 130-lb person can burn about seven calories per five minutes of vigorous sex. Keep it up for an hour, and you'll burn off 88 calories. For a lot of people I know in Pattaya that is 1000 calories a day.

biggrin.png Same old Kerr...I mean ChiangMaiKelly whistling.gif

• Like 2

I don't really like Malay food, but I'm working in Malaysia at the moment. Luckily, like Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur is a metropolitan city where you are not limited to local cuisine only. I know some of you chaps out in the boondocks may not enjoy theluury of reasonably priced international cuisine. Certainly, if one is no going to enjoy the local food, learn to speak the local language and enjoy the company of the local populace, going bush in the boondocks will be comparable to a life of mountain solitude, though perhaps without the peaceful serenity.

SC

There are countries where eating the local food is not sensible, the PI is one that springs to mind since nothing native in the culinary department seems remotely edible, my jury is out on Malaysian cusine. Thailand on the other hand has a world wide reputation for delicous food that is rightly deserved.

but a 130-lb person can burn about seven calories per five minutes of vigorous sex. Keep it up for an hour, and you'll burn off 88 calories.

A whole hour.........!!

Does that include the amount of time taken to eat the pizza?

I think it includes the time taken to eat thai beef.

Plenty of chewing is needed.

And with this witty remark, we have come back to topic.

but a 130-lb person can burn about seven calories per five minutes of vigorous sex. Keep it up for an hour, and you'll burn off 88 calories.

A whole hour.........!!

I think it includes the time taken to eat thai beef.

Plenty of chewing is needed.

And with this witty remark, we have come back to topic.

My wife often let's me chew her beef and it can take a lot more than 1 hour!

@besth

Apologies.... please try to understand you are dealing with a very simple mind here..... probably stems from a lifetime of eating beef as often as possible in order to rid the world of bovine methane factories.... my bid to save the world from climate change.... but I digress again...but that's because you are dealing with a very simple mind....

Bovine bashing!!!

Has it ever occurred to you, that bovines might like the smell of their own farts, that bovines are not different from you and me in that respect?

bovines are not different from you and me in that respect?

OH... because both of you like the smell of your own fart ? sick.gif You don't say!...It takes all sorts to make a world whistling.gif

If you have a spare moment, please reread my post and you will see that you are wrongly attributing words to me ..... (putting words in my mouth)... It is a trivial point with which I can't be bothered any further.

Ratree sawas. Fun dee na.

saai.gif I did reread your post ko jai leo... I prefer.... ratree sawat nonlafundii wai.gif

Thailand 101 Eating Out Rule One. If you want a decent meal stick to an Asian Cuisine.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Not an absolute but pretty close. I would also suggest not going to tourist places unless you know the cook, if you do go to a tourist place then order Thai food rather than Thai Farang style food. At the very worst just have the same as the missus.

A whole hour.........!!

Just don't be tempted to use her navel as an ashtray afterwards...

• Like 1