Phone Line Buzzing With True Adsl

samran

Hi All,

I’ve seen this topic come up before but I can’t find it now. I have True ADSL which I put through our wireless router in our place.

Problem is that the phone line is now really bad, with a constant buzzing/static noise on most every call.

Any suggestions on how to stop this? Does it have anything to do with the splitter I use?

Cheers

Samran.

Sounds like the splitter. The two signal types run through bandpass filters in the splitter to keep noise and interferance between the two out. Sure you have connected the filter and correctly? One connection runs to your phone line (incoming) and the other two split to your modem and your phone.

Could also be a bad connector/cable might try using another one from the line to the splitter. Also might check the terminal block outside the house where the line comes in and make sure the contacts are clean. Had that problem once, and a good cleaning fixed it.

Last resort is the have True run a QOS test to verify the line.

Edited by tywais

Splitter for sure..... either put the lines in right, if that dont work, sned it back and ask for replacement.

Listen to your line too without the splitter.....could be line noise ( i.e cable issues ).

Bear in mind that you'll need a filter or splitter for all the phones in your house, not just the one connected to the same socket as your router. A filter is the same as a splitter except only has one input rather than two. Just bought one yesterday from a TRUE shop - THB 120.

Splitter for sure..... either put the lines in right, if that dont work, sned it back and ask for replacement.

Listen to your line too without the splitter.....could be line noise ( i.e cable issues ).

Bear in mind that you'll need a filter or splitter for all the phones in your house, not just the one connected to the same socket as your router. A filter is the same as a splitter except only has one input rather than two. Just bought one yesterday from a TRUE shop - THB 120.

If you run a direct line from outside box to computer and remove the old house feed there you can use one filter/splitter for the whole house. Just feed the phone output of splitter into a house output. This provides a new signal line direct to computer/modem to eliminate any house loss.