Tactics To Survive The Traffic Jams

rcalsop

Two facts to start the post , I drive from Rangsit to the other side of BKK near to the port and back 6 days a week ... and on a typical raining Friday the jams sent me to distraction with my blood pressure mounting and frustration overwhelming .

Fact 2... I was verbally and mentally very anti DVD players mounted in cars visible to the driver , I thoght they were stupid unsafe and should be actively discouraged Bhlaa Bhlaa moan , winge to any one who would listen .

Then I bought a Toyota Wish Sport Touring with double DVD screens as standard ..okay I bought it primarily for the kids or me when the wife drives and I make the rear captains type chair into a long lounger and sleep .

Then I started puting on the front DVD screen when stuck in a jam .

I am now a convert ...I arrive at work or home relaxed , my blood pressure has dropped to the point my medication has been reduced (Genuinely ).

I now have an in car DVD collection second to non and all my choice , from all The Simpsons .. Thro to this weeks Bridge on the River Kwai and African Queen .. Plus they do not get damaged or need sticky finger marks cleaned from them and they are all where I put them .

I was wrong they --in car DVD players are great ... and I look forward to the traffic now no frustration just leather chaired , air conditioned comfort , my choice of film , no kids or Thai women talking ( sorry SHOUTING ) a great surround sound system , a coffee , held in the holder inches from my hand , my cigarettes close by ( and no wife counting how many )

This is my mobile ""shed ""to hide from the real world ...

Life has taken on a new meaning .

Sounds like fun. I hate to commute myself. I'd drive me crazy.

Oh, and Bambina is Hot

I actually have a portable toilet thing from tokyo with disposable bags designed for Tokyo traffic jams . and I always have a water bottle if I am thirsty I drink it if I need to pee I empty it then pee and reseal it ...great if in dire need but not advisable if you have passengers .....

PS

My wife is beautiful / hot / has never said no and is available , she is low maintainance and as an added bonus she likes me !!!

Traffic ..... Grrrrrrrr

Today, Friday coming home from work at 4pm I hit the worst traffic I have ever seen in my 2 yrs here. I literaly did not move an inch for 30 minutes at an intersection on Satorn going toward Rama IV near SalaDaeng. The light simply NEVER changed. Even when the cops arrived it was never changed. The spot has a police cabin too so I assume it was manually controlled.

Absolutely maddening.

A normal 20 minute ride took 110 minutes.

Edited by paulfr

I've never understood those "hi so" thais who feel they need a merc to show the world how big (tiny) their **** is ... If I was going to be stuck in BKK traffic 5 days a week I'd buy one of those big chevy van jobs and refurbish the back area with leather recliners, nice carpets, tv and sound system, perhaps a work desk with a laptop and wireless internet. Then I'd hire a Thai to do the driving and sit back and enjoy my home/office-on-wheels and forget about being in the traffic.

But then again, I live in Pattaya and don't have to commute so there :o

There are no Chevies available in Thailand so they buy Granvias and Alphards, and Caravelles, and Vitos - luxury minivans (at least by Thai standards).

I have two routes - one is shorter but with lots of traffic - I read The Nation, the other is 15 km longer but traffic free - I listen to music.

Traffic ..... Grrrrrrrr

Today, Friday coming home from work at 4pm I hit the worst traffic I have ever seen in my 2 yrs here. I literaly did not move an inch for 30 minutes at an intersection on Satorn going toward Rama IV near SalaDaeng. The light simply NEVER changed. Even when the cops arrived it was never changed. The spot has a police cabin too so I assume it was manually controlled.

Absolutely maddening.

A normal 20 minute ride took 110 minutes.

I live very near that intersection. It is hel_l on Friday afternoons. I have seen people get out of their cars and buy soi food while the light was red.

well I relocate to Bangers next week and i'm not liking what i'm reading about traffic on here :o

DVD sounds good though, i'm sure in the uk the police would drag you out the car and nail your a55 to the wall for watching a DVD in a moving vehicle.

Anything goes here!

Wasn't the motorcar invented so that people could move from one place to another? :o

The motor car was invented to reduce the amount of horse crap on the roads but it has been used as ..

A male enhancement tool ...or perhaps a tool enhancement .

A place to procreate .

I would love just to move fom one place to another and will drive many kilometers to avoid a traffic jam and just stand still , it sends me crazy ..or at least did .

Wasn't the motorcar invented so that people could move from one place to another? :o

The motor car was invented to reduce the amount of horse crap on the roads but it has been used as ..

A male enhancement tool ...or perhaps a tool enhancement .

A place to procreate .

I would love just to move fom one place to another and will drive many kilometers to avoid a traffic jam and just stand still , it sends me crazy ..or at least did .

Two facts to start the post , I drive from Rangsit to the other side of BKK near to the port and back 6 days a week ... and on a typical raining Friday the jams sent me to distraction with my blood pressure mounting and frustration overwhelming .

Fact 2... I was verbally and mentally very anti DVD players mounted in cars visible to the driver , I thoght they were stupid unsafe and should be actively discouraged Bhlaa Bhlaa moan , winge to any one who would listen .

Then I bought a Toyota Wish Sport Touring with double DVD screens as standard ..okay I bought it primarily for the kids or me when the wife drives and I make the rear captains type chair into a long lounger and sleep .

Then I started puting on the front DVD screen when stuck in a jam .

I am now a convert ...I arrive at work or home relaxed , my blood pressure has dropped to the point my medication has been reduced (Genuinely ).

I now have an in car DVD collection second to non and all my choice , from all The Simpsons .. Thro to this weeks Bridge on the River Kwai and African Queen .. Plus they do not get damaged or need sticky finger marks cleaned from them and they are all where I put them .

I was wrong they --in car DVD players are great ... and I look forward to the traffic now no frustration just leather chaired , air conditioned comfort , my choice of film , no kids or Thai women talking ( sorry SHOUTING ) a great surround sound system , a coffee , held in the holder inches from my hand , my cigarettes close by ( and no wife counting how many )

This is my mobile ""shed ""to hide from the real world ...

Life has taken on a new meaning .

Sounds like fun. I hate to commute myself. I'd drive me crazy.

Oh, and Bambina is Hot

I actually have a portable toilet thing from tokyo with disposable bags designed for Tokyo traffic jams . and I always have a water bottle if I am thirsty I drink it if I need to pee I empty it then pee and reseal it ...great if in dire need but not advisable if you have passengers .....

PS

My wife is beautiful / hot / has never said no and is available , she is low maintainance and as an added bonus she likes me !!!

C'mon man... You can't pawn off your wife on a public forum.

:o Guidelines anyone....??

Whenever i used to get stuck in traffic, I would do the old Kwai Gon Jinn trick, and close my eyes and meditate.....

> If I was going to be stuck in BKK traffic 5 days a week I'd buy one of those

> big chevy van jobs and refurbish the back area with leather recliners, nice

> carpets, tv and sound system, perhaps a work desk with a laptop and

> wireless internet.

> But then again, I live in Pattaya and don't have to commute so there

I think I could find other uses for such a vehicle in Pattaya.. just kit it out slightly different, not forgetting the ceiling mirror. :o