Shots Fired At Austrian’S Car In Road Rage Incident

Rimmer

Road Raging Outlaws Shoot At Austrian’s Car

PATTAYA:--A 35-year-old Austrian man got angry at a driver who cut in front of him on Jomtien Road. He retaliated by cutting back in front of the driver. Someone in the other car then fired several shots at the Austrian’s car before driving away. No one was injured.

PATTAYA – September 9, 2012 [PDN]: at 2 a.m., a report of a road rage shooting at a foreigner’s car was received by Pol. Lt. Col. Chalermkiat Sirimark, detective officer of Pattaya police station, Dong Tarl- sub- branch.

He rushed with the detective team and Pol. Lt. Col. Kiattisak Sratong-oi, vice director of suppression division, to the scene on Jomtien Rd, route 2, moo 2, Nong Prue, Banglamung, Chonburi.

At the Jomtien beach inbound road, police found the shaken victim standing next to his car, a white Mazda BT 50 pickup truck, registration code 6650.

There were four bullet holes in his truck, fired by a gun of unknown caliber. The truck was hit at the door and the driver’s side mirror.

The driver was a 35-year-old Austrian, Mr. Amir Mujit, who was waiting to give his testimony in shock and paranoia.

Mr. Amir told police he had been drinking beer in a Pattaya bar before the incident. When he was driving back to his home in Jomtien, a silver bronze Toyota Corona sedan drove near him then cut in front of him.

Full story:http://www.pattayada...strian’s-car/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2012-09-09

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Yep a sangtow driver pushed into my motorbike from behind because I was waiting to make a turn right on soi buakhao and he didn't like it... Pattaya is turning into a very dangerous place to live. Cops going crazy, Uzi being fired in restaurants by error, people falling from balconies on a daily basis, gangs with machetes on beach road, yabba head assaulting people in walking street, drunk drivers running amok around town at night time... So much for a family resort :whistling:

It is obviously really hard to switch off from the moronic drivers that are out there, but there can be a big price to pay to retaliate, happened on highway 36 a month or so back when a driver shot a truckie dead because he didn't like the way he cut him off. Just drive on that highway for an hour and you can witness incident after incident of risk taking, road rage inducing driving.

I ain't a saint, in fact one time a sedan was climbing all over the back of my car, trying to overtake me every which way, I mimicked what he was doing to me, and he then went back into the inside lane and dropped back about half a dozen cars! At the next set of lights (which was less than 1km away) I was expecting him to get out of the car and the games would begin, but nothing eventuated.

I try to take a deep breath, think how crap a driver they are and it is their loss that they are so narrow minded, accept it, and then go on my way still in one piece.

He won't have to buy those bullet hole stickers

I do wonder why they want their cars to looks like they've been fired into, LOL

but what really trips me out is the way they will put sharp objects on the top of their motorcycle steering column.

Mr. Amir told police he had been drinking beer in a Pattaya bar before the incident.

I'd test him to see how far above the limit, before I accept his version of the story. Of course he did not deserve to get shot at, but if he is above the limit, he ought to be charged with drunk driving first. whistling.gif

I say som nam na.

1) In Thailand we are just guests and have to realize that retaliating with road rage just is NOT a good idea unless you wan't to get shot or beaten.

2) The guy admitted to drinking and driving which is illegal.

Most of us "long timers" here know that learning to drive in Thailand and especially Pattaya and Bkk takes patience and and a cool head or as the Thais say, a cool heart.....jai yen yen.

Several year ago I was involved in a road rage incident in Pattaya that ended with the other driver in hot pursuit of me and I just drove to soi 9 station with him in toe. Even at the police station the BIB wanted nothing to do with it and it was clear to all the other driver had been drinking. After the police kicked us out of the station the Thai guy and I had a little chat, shook hands and then went and had a meal together. I fear that it could have ended much worse. I'm from California so road rage and gun toting drivers is nothing new to me. I guess it's nothing new to Pattaya now as well.

Keep a cool head out there as it's clear now that many around here have very little respect for safety or human life.

Edited by Jayman

Several year ago I was involved in a road rage incident in Pattaya that ended with the other driver in hot pursuit of me and I just drove to soi 9 station with him in toe. Even at the police station the BIB wanted nothing to do with it and it was clear to all the other driver had been drinking. After the police kicked us out of the station the Thai guy and I had a little chat, shook hands and then went and had a meal together. I fear that it could have ended much worse. I'm from California so road rage and gun toting drivers is nothing new to me. I guess it's nothing new to Pattaya now as well.

Keep a cool head out there as it's clear now that many around here have very little respect for safety or human life.

I remember bumper stickers on cars in California during the 1980s that said “ don't shoot, I’ll pullover “laugh.png