Chiang Mai Party - 10 Years Of Thaivisa @ The Olde Bell

raro

There are always a lot of new Thai Visa members who attend Thai Visa parties, and that's a good thing IMO

They are members no matter how many posts they have, for me it's a chance to meet new people that I may or may not have something in common with, or just "hit it off" with them the minute I meet them.

I have made a few long lasting friends through TV parties

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing I've noticed about this thread, is the notable absence of most of the actively contributing board members and preponderance of board names I don't recognize. To satisfy my curiosity, I've gone back and tallied the post counts of all members that have made reservations on this thread so far.

• 22.2% of the members have made 10 or less posts. Of that group, for 6 of the posters, this is their only single post ever.
  • 44.4% of the reserving members have made 50 posts or less.
  • 48.6% of the reserving members have made 63 posts or less. That's almost half!
  • 72.2% or the reserving members have made 292 posts or less. That means that only 3 out of every 4 members at the party will not even have broken the 300 post barrier yet.

So what conclusions can we draw from this data? Not really sure, but the stats are interesting.

-Mestizo

We can conclude that you must be super bored to have done all that.

As for the data, interesting result, I conclude that would be attendees have a strong desire to meet people and make new friends whereas posters with a higher post count are already establised in their circle of friends et al.

• Like 1

Time to start a headcount!

1) gabruce

2) CMX

3) Rockhopper

4) Rockhopper +1

5) T_Dog

6) T_Dog +1

7) PETCAT

8) chirunr

9) chirunr +1

10) bottledwater

11) bottledwater +1

12) harrry

13) harrry +1

14) lsk

14) lsk+1

15) lamemjay

16) lamemjay +1

17) PlanetX

18) PlanetX +1

19) Saan

20) CaptainFly

21) LoneRider

22) bluweyze

23) bluweyze +1

24) NancyL

25) RogerL

26) rickthailand

27) rickthailand +1

28) endure

29) endure +1

30) Ricardo

31) ThaiSold

32) ThaiSold +1

33) expatmakmak

34) anselpixel

35) smallpotato

36) smallpotato +1

27) hellstens

28) hellstens +1

29) svendiederick

30) svendiederick +1

31) tpthai2

32) JimShortz

33) JimShortz +1

34) Lobo4819

35) Lobo4819 +1

36) JeffreyMcCollum

37) JefffreyMcCollum +1

38) Phayun

39) Phayun +1

40) hansbak

41) hansbak +1

42) ajarndanny

43) ajarndanny +1

44) Joop50

45) Joop50 +1

46) warfie

47) warfie +1

48) jjczap

49) jjczap +1

50) munmick

51) munmick +1

52) nolo

53) nolo +1

54) scenivan

55) svenivan +1

56) yabiaomer

57) mcgriffith

58) johba

59) purushanti

60) kilvingtono

61) kilvingtono +1

61) skill32

62) skills32 +1

63) assayer

64) assayer +1

65) techno

66) techno +1

67) spectrumisgreen

68) spectrumisgreen +1

69) koosdeboer

70) koosdeboer +1

71) luther

72) luther +1

73) BillyBobThai

74) BillyBobThai +1

75) supersizefarang

76) supersizefarang +1

77) Phrafarang

78) Nokhuk

79) Nokhuk +1

80) TheFishman1

81) Greenside

82) junglechef

83) jimstar1

84) jimstar1 +1

85) DGS1244

86) taff33

87) taff33 +1

88) wernerfreitag

89) tangcoral

90) tangcoral +1

91) SchoenThai

92) Colins

93) ColinS +1

94) kcore

95) kcore +1

96) Cees

97) lazeeboy

98) ThaiPauly

99) ThaiPauly +1

100) chaophraya

101) chaophraya +1

102) bruceoctober

103) bruceoctober +1

104) yummypizza

105) dvg

106) dvg +1

107) Lake

108) hiso1956

109) underthemoon

110) underthemoon +1

....impressive! B)

One thing I've noticed about this thread, is the notable absence of most of the actively contributing board members and preponderance of board names I don't recognize. To satisfy my curiosity, I've gone back and tallied the post counts of all members that have made reservations on this thread so far.

• 22.2% of the members have made 10 or less posts. Of that group, for 6 of the posters, this is their only single post ever.
  • 48.6% of the reserving members have made 63 posts or less. That's almost half!
  • 72.2% or the reserving members have made 292 posts or less. That means that only 3 out of every 4 members at the party will not even have broken the 300 post barrier yet.

So what conclusions can we draw from this data? Not really sure, but the stats are interesting.

Conclusion: A lot of very active and very outspoken members sign up with a new nic so they don't have to out themselves at the gathering. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Conclusion: A lot of very active and very outspoken members sign up with a new nic so they don't have to out themselves at the gathering. rolleyes.gif

You're not going Winnie?

Always been kind of curious about who you are. From your posts, I feel like I've met you a few times when out...

Conclusion: A lot of very active and very outspoken members sign up with a new nic so they don't have to out themselves at the gathering. rolleyes.gif

You're not going Winnie?

Always been kind of curious about who you are. From your posts, I feel like I've met you a few times when out...

The average attendee would be about 40 years older than him. Probably not a lot in common and nothing to talk about.

You're not going Winnie?

110 PBMAF's in a shop house? No thank you. wink.png

What is a PBMAF ?

Pot Bellied Middle-Aged Farang.

Thank you for asking. wink.png

Hey Winnie, wanna hold the alternate TV party for non-newbie's, we could go play some pool down at the Number 1 bar? PM if interested.

• Like 1

-Mestizo

Ah I can conclude that you have a lot of time on your hands.

• Like 1

You're not going Winnie?

110 PBMAF's in a shop house? No thank you. wink.png

Ya WTK not going to be like that fiasco out in Hong Dong. They will be jammed in I wonder if the bar will be closed to the usual customers.

You were willing to meet the locals. I suspect is a lot of new comers to Chiang Mai trying to make some new connections and as you say a few of the older posters who have taken on new names so they won't be recognized.

I apologise to Thai Visa members that Beer and I are not around in Chiang Mai to help promote the Thai Visa Chiang Mai party at the moment. We had to return to the UK after my Mum died a couple of weeks ago and we have stayed on to help my Dad settle into his new life. We will be back on 8th October and in need of a party! The TV one could be just the tonic! Hope to be back sparring on TV soon!

PEDR (landlord - The Olde Bell British Pub)

Sorry for your loss Pedr. wai.gif

Okay an announcement from theblether in regards to the Chiang Mai party..............

theblether can confirm that he....................................

Will not be able to attend said party as it looks like I'll be in town for a week commencing 21st October violin.gifsad.png

Now I know you're all devastated on hearing this dreadful news crying.gif However!!......I'll be back at New Year so let's get ready to rumble!!! drunk.gif

By the way did any of you see the photo of the beers that George bought me in Samui?......here have a look at this.......

318826_426306217407706_824788962_n.jpg

I was on the Singha, Smokie was on the Tiger......he's a lightweight whistling.gif The beer was delicious and just hit the spot perfect, uhu, yes it did, licklips.gif

Happy days!! biggrin.png

As Always......

just sayin'

ps.......no secret celebrations now that you know that I'm not coming eh? dry.png

Winnie, a quick question does PBMAF cover both male and female?????tongue.png

Actually it doesn't, no. There might be one or two Western ladies, but it's pretty much a sausage-fest, traditionally.

(And I'll spare everyone the acronym. wink.png )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai