Signing Up To True Online - My Experience

TheShockMaster

I've recently moved in to a nice little condo apartment in Pattaya which has shared Wifi Access. The internet is fine for checking emails and facebook etc but I needed a faster solution for my work. I looked about and came to the conclusion that 'True Online' would be the best option.

So... I went all the way up to the Tesco Lotus to the 'True' shop and had a brief chat with one of the sales people. She asked me where the condo was and what floor it was on. It's in South Pattaya and it's on the 5th floor. She instantly shook her head and said "no, it over 100 meter, we can't do".

<deleted>? I asked her if there was another 'True' alternative and she shook her head and told me to try 3BB up stairs... of which I couldn't find. Strange thing is that I can pick up the 'True Online' Wifi signal of another resident in the building which is either above us or on the same level as us.

Does anyone have a better way of signing up to an internet provider? They were useless and couldn't answer any of my questions.

Cheers.

Trouble with a condo is, if your renting it you need the owner to put the internet in for you. They have to show there Tabian Baan, house docs. If you own it then sorry don't have an answer for you.

That wouldn't be a problem getting the owner to put the internet in for me as he lives just across the road but I didn't even get that far with the lady at the True Shop. It was almost as if she had other things to be getting on with and couldn't be arsed to help.

• Like 1

Biggest problem with the staff in Tesco North Pattaya is they do not WANT to sell you anything.. It is much easier to fob you off.

I tried 5 times to get 16meg ADSL to my home and was given the same old crap!

I was driving into my estate one day then a salesman had put a poster up saying 16 meg internet available here! I called him and it was installed 2 days later, according to him it had been available here for a long time.

I then wanted to upgrade to the 100 meg service, but was told "No have service" in that area... After asking them are they sure they confimred "100% no have service" then I asked them "What this then?" and produced my monthly bill for the ADSL service.. They quickly changed their minds and signed me up.

A neighbour being suitably impressed with my connection also went to them and was told the same no have lines... I sent him down with my bill and they changed their minds agin.

Do not believe one word that comes out of their mouths!! They lie!

In the end I had to ditch the 100 meg service do to poor reliability.

• Like 2

I live in an apt. on SSCC and just called 1331, told them I could see other True signals, they took my info, sent out the crew the very next day to check the lines and right there and then they installed it in my apt and was finished within 1 hour.

I think they said that the first 50 or 100 meters of cable was free so I was ok as there was a line close enough. Had it for 2 months now and still haven't received the first bill. They want 6 months up from payments and I git the 10gb service for 699 per month.

Very happy.

• Like 1

Maybe with the bill the staff could locate the correct location and they are not interested in doing the search themselves..

A friend of mine tried many time to have 3BB Internet in his condo on Changklan Road Soi in Chiangmai. Went at different 3BB Offices but always they said no have there!!

But the condo Office told him that others have it.

Finally, he asked the condo Office to phone 3BB. Now he has it, The problem was that the condo address 3BB use on their computer is an older one and did not reflect the actual address(. Different post code/sub-district ??) The condo office told him that 3BB used a very old address on their computer.

i have 7 contracts with true in various forms

i have had many arguments with them over the years

the office in tesco lotus is a joke now and was a joke in its previous location in tesco

nothings changed in 8 years

the only true office i have found that was any good is in the pacific mall in Siracha but thats the head office one, so they ought to know there

i once called customer service in Bangkok from my home , i was left waiting on hold, so i left the house in Mabprachan, drove to the office in Pattaya Thai and gave them the phone when i arrived at the office

i was told them that the number they could hear ringing was their number in BKK and that i had driven into town since calling and that i was still on hold waiting to talk to someone, 1 hour and 20 minutes later !

anyway as a result, i was given another number which is a fast contact number to a real person in BKK

i have also made a solid relationship with a very good member of staff at that office who does actually know what she is doing

so finally after many years, i am sorted out with true but only because of this lady and no, i am not going to share her name here.

PS

if you are a masochist and want real pain , try migrating your number from AIS to TRUE as i did

i started the process on 5th December 2010 , this was opening day of the migration service

i was the fifth person in the country to attempt it

after many trips back and forth to AIS and True in Siracha, i secured the change of service provider around March 2011

in January 2011, True in Tesco did not even know it could be done until i showed them the transfer papers from True Siracha

they just said ''cannot, cannot''...........

OP, how high are your ceilings? If you are on the 5th floor and the girl reckons you are higher than 100metres, it must be some building

Yeh, that's exactly what I was thinking but rather than argue with the lady and thinking I would be showing her up or as the Thai's put it, making her 'lose face' I just left. It's only a 7 story building. It's the Avenue Residence off second road along from the Avenue shopping centre. Not sure I want to make an arse of myself by going back along to the True shop at Tesco Lotus only to be told the same thing.

I think I'll give them a call, hopefully they understand what I'm looking for.

All in all... a nightmare so far.