Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Just came back from the bike fest and booked me a CB500F.

Will be available end of April. I was number 17 on the list and after I asked, she confirmed it was a mixed list, I don't know if it was mixed of only the 500 models or all the bikes Honda is selling there.

But 17 sales after 9 hours of opening ain't that much. I think there are a lot of tire kickers there.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will be available end of April. I was number 17 on the list and after I asked, she confirmed it was a mixed list, I don't know if it was mixed of only the 500 models or all the bikes Honda is selling there.

But 17 sales after 9 hours of opening ain't that much. I think there are a lot of tire kickers there.

Congratz on your new bike.

17 sales in 9 hours sounds pretty good to me. Tire kicking is what you do at motor shows. I doubt many people go there to actually buy a bike.

Delivery of the first big batch of new 500s in Chiang Mai will be happening within the next few days (according to the manager in a phone call this morning). I'd imagine that the service department will open around the same time. After all, next month is now only 2 days away. Still, as Mania suggested it'd be a good idea to check before coming down from Chiang Rai.

saw a red one today sitting outside Pops m/c rental shop at Thapae gate if u want to hire for the day

• Like 1

They told me the same thing end if April but I pre order two weeks ago at BigWing. One of the guys at BigWing told me that they where only waiting for the international QC, no problem with the Thai QC. I hope they just start mass production of the 500 series, as Thailand is the only country that will make the 500's.

They told me the same thing end if April but I pre order two weeks ago at BigWing. One of the guys at BigWing told me that they where only waiting for the international QC, no problem with the Thai QC. I hope they just start mass production of the 500 series, as Thailand is the only country that will make the 500's.

If I was buying I'd want the same quality as the rest of the world is going to get. Why should buyers here be expected to suffer an inferior product. Honda has a worldwide reputation to protect so good on them for insisting on high standards.

You must have been at a different motor show than me

I was there at 1.30pm yesterday and they had sold 83. CB500X

By the time I had completed my order 20 min later they were on 97 and I paid deposit on another one for a friend who was at work yesterday so we got the 83rd and 97th ones and they're was a line of thais standing waiting to order them as I was leaving

Build quality looks excellent but I'm sure the ones on display had many more hours of preparation just for the motorshow

By the time I had completed my order 20 min later they were on 97 and I paid deposit on another one for a friend who was at work yesterday so we got the 83rd and 97th ones and they're was a line of thais standing waiting to order them as I was leaving

Build quality looks excellent but I'm sure the ones on display had many more hours of preparation just for the motorshow

Edited by yankee99

Apparently.

All I know is, I had number 17 at 7 in the evening and delivery will be end of April. That's all that matters to me actually :-)

Apparently.

All I know is, I had number 17 at 7 in the evening and delivery will be end of April. That's all that matters to me actually :-)

i have estimated delivery date of 31st march so they must be already selling the next batch :)

Apparently.

Maybe the confusion is your looking at a F model & he is looking at the X model?

We have had some accessories for the 500 made in conjunction with our partner, Moth Racing. Here are some pics. Send me a PM if interested. Thanks.

Brian

cool man, good to see moth racing that fast. i will come visit your shop sooner i guesslaugh.png but i might wait for bikers stuff first to make a comparison. Anyway, you will have both Brian and i will buy from you, thanks.

We have had some accessories for the 500 made in conjunction with our partner, Moth Racing. Here are some pics. Send me a PM if interested. Thanks.

Brian

Moth is moving right along.

I have a set of their Frame Sliders on my N250

Nice quality work they do.

You know there is one thing I would like to see the various makers of rearsets here doing though

That is to make the shifter toe & brake toe foldable back & inwards for crashes

I have seen a couple of slid out new N250's & all of them had their shifters torn off the engine causing more damage than need be

if the toe had folded. Of course may not always help depending on crash wink.png

Kinda like this

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Going in for the service tomorrow have around 200km to cover one way:) Made a whole list of things about 8 for them to take a look at and also going to do a Dyno test. Hope it wont rain as it was pissing down all day yesterday and half a day today. Anyone knows a good shop in Chiang Mai to pick up a helmet? Not too expensive please. Went to CR saddlebags they had a flip up LS2 FF370, but not the color or size i need for 3900.

Somebody mentioned a bar for bikers in Chiang mai before, where about is that place?

P.S I heard drivers in Chiang Rai are the worst in the country, experienced that myself, some twonk on pickup was on the phone tried to change the lane and pushed me all the way to the side of the road. I scrapped left bottom side of the bike on the sidewalk almost fell down, and that moron drove off onto the bridge as fast as he could.

Surprisingly I couldn't find a single scratch on a bike which is amazing as the sound was horrific.

Going in for the service tomorrow have around 200km to cover one way:) Made a whole list of things about 8 for them to take a look at and also going to do a Dyno test. Hope it wont rain as it was pissing down all day yesterday and half a day today. Anyone knows a good shop in Chiang Mai to pick up a helmet? Not too expensive please. Went to CR saddlebags they had a flip up LS2 FF370, but not the color or size i need for 3900.

Somebody mentioned a bar for bikers in Chiang mai before, where about is that place?

P.S I heard drivers in Chiang Rai are the worst in the country, experienced that myself, some twonk on pickup was on the phone tried to change the lane and pushed me all the way to the side of the road. I scrapped left bottom side of the bike on the sidewalk almost fell down, and that moron drove off onto the bridge as fast as he could.

Surprisingly I couldn't find a single scratch on a bike which is amazing as the sound was horrific.

Sumet do a large range of helmets (I believe), and would probably ship domestically.

We bought two REAL helmets (that's the name of the brand, the only Thai helmet manufacturer to be given DOT and ECE certification I believe), anyway, we're very happy with them.

Sumet do a large range of helmets (I believe), and would probably ship domestically.

We bought two REAL helmets (that's the name of the brand, the only Thai helmet manufacturer to be given DOT and ECE certification I believe), anyway, we're very happy with them.

I see can you give an address or website?smile.png Cheapest helmet at Bigwing is 4400 which is a lot and it doesnt even look nice.

Edited by sup3r1or

Real Helmets:

http://www.real-helmets.com/

The Full-Face 'Stealth' looks good. We both have the Ozzy open face for around the city and are very happy with them. For out of town though a full face is needed, especially on a 500.

The poster above 'Sumet Cycle' is the forum sponsor and I believe a Real Helmet dealer as well as having other brands.

Edited by cbrer

I got 2 Real open face helmets 18 months ago. Quite reasonable quality. But I use them around town and a Nolan full face for bigger trips.

You can find a good range of full-face and open face at the shop in Sridonchai road, almost opposite the big Suriwon bookshop. They also have gloves, jackets and some boots.

I suggest try before you buy with helmets. Need to get a good fit, so don't order by post unless its the exact model and size that you know fits and feels good.

I can second that about Real, very happy with mine, only 1500 baht too!

The thing I like about the REAL Helmets, besides the American DOT and European ECE Certification is that you can easily order new inner-lining for around 350b I think. I find that with open face helmets the lining and padding needs to be replaced at least once a year to keep a snug fit.

Edited by cbrer

The thing I like about the REAL Helmets, besides the American DOT and European ECE Certification is that you can easily order new inner-lining for around 350b I think. I find that with open face helmets the lining and padding needs to be replaced at least once a year to keep a snug fit.

Yeah they're pretty decent quality and excellent for the money. Best to avoid the matte black versions though, the paint kind of melts in the sun and turns into a sticky mess that attracts dust, grit etc.

I just stay away from real helmets. For a passenger helmet it is okay but for the rider they are to noisy. And the one I had (model 998, maybe) would vent directly into my ears and that was very distracting. The shield lasted me about a week before some of the tinted coating started coming off. The vents wouldn't properly work either. When you siting in the back it okay as you are cover from direct wind.

Bought it for 1500 and sold it a month after buying it to a friend for 1000. And bought myself an AGV helmet. So far the best helmet I have ever ridden in.

I see can you give an address or website?smile.png Cheapest helmet at Bigwing is 4400 which is a lot and it doesnt even look nice.

Sorry about our website. We are in the process of doing it over. I can be reached at 02 591 9925 or at [email protected]

As for helmets, we sell Bilmola and Rider. Bilmola helmets are made in Thailand, but meet European (EC 22 05) and American (DOT, SNELL) safety standards. The Explorer is rebranded and sold by Veemar in Italy and the Destroyer is sold by KTM throughout Europe. The Explorer costs 3,900 in Thailand, but the same helmet rebranded by Vemar sells for close to 8,000 baht (see link). Bilmola are very good quality helmets at a very reasonable price. The owner of the company is an avid rider and personally tests the helmets before they are released. He started Bilmola because he wanted to make quality helmets that the average rider could afford. Not everyone has 20 or 30k to spend on a helmet. We can ship anywhere in Thailand, but you must be sure about your size. Thanks.

Brian

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Product/vemar-attivo-modular-helmet/043-9839-A-XS.aspx

post-121278-0-52291400-1359691819_thumb.

• Like 2

buy a good helmet once and use it for long years.

I am not sure if you can find a shoei, nolan, agv or at least hjc in Chiang Mai. just buy the quality and longevity. And, I always think like my brain is my most important capital so i protect it better than my other parts of the body and i do not mind paying 22,000 thb to protect and giving more comfort for something - my brain - making nearly 2 million baht a year.

I have seen hjc s at paddock - http://www.paddock.co.th/ they cargo too - for the same price as Real.

But, real is the best helmet brand in Thailand for sure but they gave me a Bilmola for free at bigwing and i am impressed with quality and paint, no difference.

Edited by loserlazer

Yeah i agree with Brian about Bilmola

Very good helmet for the price.

While I wear a AGV K4 on the Ninja

I do have a Bilmola Advantage for the Wave & would not hesitate

to buy one of their full face helmets for a big bike either. When shopping

a full face I did not see any Bilmola's here in CM that fit me

Bilmola has Very good quality & nice price.

I just stay away from real helmets. For a passenger helmet it is okay but for the rider they are to noisy. And the one I had (model 998, maybe) would vent directly into my ears and that was very distracting. The shield lasted me about a week before some of the tinted coating started coming off. The vents wouldn't properly work either. When you siting in the back it okay as you are cover from direct wind.

Bought it for 1500 and sold it a month after buying it to a friend for 1000. And bought myself an AGV helmet. So far the best helmet I have ever ridden in.

With AGV it depends on the model. My GP Tech is great and not noisy at all. My Grid on the other hand is noisy as hell. Really strange sounds too. It sounds like there are demons talking to me or something. I swear it's possessed. 555

I love my Bilmola Replicon though. Looks like it is being replaced in the model line-up by the Defender Sportage this year though.