Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just stay away from real helmets. For a passenger helmet it is okay but for the rider they are to noisy. And the one I had (model 998, maybe) would vent directly into my ears and that was very distracting. The shield lasted me about a week before some of the tinted coating started coming off. The vents wouldn't properly work either. When you siting in the back it okay as you are cover from direct wind.

Bought it for 1500 and sold it a month after buying it to a friend for 1000. And bought myself an AGV helmet. So far the best helmet I have ever ridden in.

That's true, they are noisy!

I've never washed my AGV helmet and it does smell. It does look like it has some dirt on it and could use a wash. post-140969-1359696616109_thumb.jpg

You know the cheek pieces & skull cap all pop right out with a few snaps :)

Hey I am curious but what type of fastening system does your have?

The micrometric buckle type or the double D rings?

If the micrometric buckle type I am guessing that is what made that bite mark

on the lower right of your pic?

One thing I notice about the new micro buckle types is after taking off the helmet you need

to refasten the buckle to the strap of the buckle always gets a bit on that part of the helmet/neck liner

Just curious if that is how you got yours?

The most modded cbr500 ever.

You should go to Moth Racing at the bike fest in Cetral World.

I will, tomorrow. Waiting for it long time.

Guys if you see a guy with a red shoei with dragon graphix strapped to the elbow, it is me. Just say hi , i would be happy to meet.

• Like 1

Guys if you see a guy with a red shoei with dragon graphix strapped to the elbow, it is me. Just say hi , i would be happy to meet.

Take some pics for us ok? ;)

Also I highly recommend Moth's frame sliders. Nice piece of work they are.

Take some pics for us ok? wink.png

Also I highly recommend Moth's frame sliders. Nice piece of work they are.

i will take some proper photos and align them nicely this time mania:)

It will be good to see you here too. I am sure, it takes around 6 hours to reach from Chiang Mai to BKK with your ninja for sure, no?laugh.png

I will check moth racing products but if you compare bikers stuff with theirs, bikers has some advantages on quality and design, believe me.

Still, i might buy the part covering the nuts connecting the tank to the frame as it looks really ugly and i cannot wait for that. Brian posted before here.

post-114750-0-80426400-1359705903_thumb.

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

Yeah those tank bolts I dunno what they were thinking.

You know on the Moth products I have only seen & bought their sliders

The pic you posted has clip-ons

I have seen another company doing some nice clip ons now

I know they do the N250 & 650 so probably the Honda 500 too

Nice & beefy + price is very good.

Company name is Mazirano

Also check if anyone there has Shinto Racing products

have some nice stuff too.

• Like 1

I've never washed my AGV helmet and it does smell. It does look like it has some dirt on it and could use a wash. post-140969-1359696616109_thumb.jpg

You know the cheek pieces & skull cap all pop right out with a few snaps smile.png

Hey I am curious but what type of fastening system does your have?

The micrometric buckle type or the double D rings?

If the micrometric buckle type I am guessing that is what made that bite mark

on the lower right of your pic?

One thing I notice about the new micro buckle types is after taking off the helmet you need

to refasten the buckle to the strap of the buckle always gets a bit on that part of the helmet/neck liner

Just curious if that is how you got yours?

its a double D rings strap. I throw the straps in the helmet when I took the picture so you can really see it. Im not sure but i think all the AVG helmets come with the double D rings straps. maybe just not the motorcross style helmets.

its a double D rings strap. I throw the straps in the helmet when I took the picture so you can really see it. Im not sure but i think all the AVG helmets come with the double D rings straps. maybe just not the motorcross style helmets.

Yes that is what I thought too then I got this new K4 EVO & it came with a micrometric adjust buckle.

At first I thought ah crap this must be a copy AGV

But then looking in the AGV manual it states:

There are three types of retention systems

-DD

- Quick Release Buckle

- Micrometric adjustable buckle

Tell you the truth I rather have the double D rings as that is what I am use to

but I guess that is just a mental block thing.

The quick release types are the same as any safety belt in a car or plane

The micrometric is similar but allows fine tuning due to the multiple teeth system

This micrometric buckle seem stout & can be operated with gloves on

Edited by mania

Yes that is what I thought too then I got this new K4 EVO & it came with a micrometric adjust buckle.

At first I thought ah crap this must be a copy AGV

But then looking in the AGV manual it states:

There are three types of retention systems

-DD

- Quick Release Buckle

- Micrometric adjustable buckle

Tell you the truth I rather have the double D rings as that is what I am use to

but I guess that is just a mental block thing.

The quick release types are the same as any safety belt in a car or plane

The micrometric is similar but allows fine tuning due to the multiple teeth system

This micrometric buckle seem stout & can be operated with gloves on

I can't fasten the my k3 with gloves on. But it's really comfortable to use. I don't like having the buckles now.

• Like 1

I actually met sup3r1or at Big Wing Chiang Mai yesterday but I'll let him give the report on his service. I was there to pick up my new CB500F. Once the paperwork was through I took it straight up Doi Suthep. This morning I rode to Chiang Dao & back. I don't have the time right now to write up a full report but as of now I definitely love this bike! Now I should say that as a rider I have zero interest on getting my knee down or lifting my front wheel up. I've been riding a D-Tracker 250 for a few years before that a CBR150. For me the CB500F is just right: it's got power but not scary power, the shifting and handling are smooth and the riding position is very comfortable. I know some folks don't care for the F's looks but again for me it's just about right. IMO the Kawasakis (650s & Z1000/800) are overly aggressive looking. The F is no Ducati but it's cool enough for me (much better in real life than in pics, I think) and anyway as long as it ain't fugly then looks aren't that important to me. It's the ride that counts and I couldn't be happier. That's all I have time for now - I'm off for another ride!

Hey Congrats !

Glad you like your new bike. I did not even know the F model was out already.

Cool !

Pics & more impressions when you get a chance please ;)

All the major rental shops in CM have the CBR500's now

they are renting them already in bkk as well smile.png

its the cb500X version i want to test but havent seen it on rent yet

i can test my own one on the 31/03/2013 (estimated)

but that like years away when waiting on a new toy .............

A little more to report on my CB500F: I'm doing the soft break in so I'm not pushing the bike hard at all. Still, on the open road it feels like the bike wants me to open it up. This seems like a very easy bike to get to know. Balance, breaking, acceleration... everything already seems familiar and sure. I've been running it on 91 gasohol and the engine seems very happy. When it comes to fit and finish I have no complaints. Not much more to say at this point really. I just tried to upload pics but I'm having some trouble. I'll try again a little later.

Edited by cm das

I've been running it on 91 gasohol and the engine seems very happy.

Could be a dealer thing but the Honda dealer we bought our Wave at suggested

gasohol 95 or benz for at least the first 500km then 91 or 95

I have always run gasohol 95 minimum in both the wave & the N250

But as you said it is running fine on the 91

I specifically asked about this before I left Big Wing. I was told that the engine was made to run on gasohol 91. He said I could use 95 but that 91 would be better. Unless I start to see any problems I'll stick with the 91.

I specifically asked about this before I left Big Wing. I was told that the engine was made to run on gasohol 91. He said I could use 95 but that 91 would be better. Unless I start to see any problems I'll stick with the 91.

I started my CBR250 on Caltex and PTT 95, even tried benzene 95, but Shell V-Power Nitro+ Gasahol has been the best by far! Noticed a

big difference just pulling out of the station.