Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

I would love to test some bikes, where is this bigwing located?

Also I would like to test ninja 250 before I buy it.

210000 is not that more expensive then 250 ninja.

That is a big problem here in Thailand

You will never get a proper test ride at any dealer period.

Yes the Big Wing shops will let you putt putt the bike up & down a little side alley alongside

the shop but if you get out of 2nd gear I would be surprised.

Kawasaki does not even have that little ride.

So that leaves you with a bike rental place

Go to a bike rental place that has the bikes you want to try & rent one

of each for a day or if you can haggle with them maybe you can rent each for a few hours.

Good Luck

Edited by mania

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi, is this motorbike for sale already, and what is the price, I am interested in 500 r in black version?

is it much better than Ninja 250 2013?

It is not much better than a ninja quality wise.

But it has double the displacement of a ninja so of course it is faster bike and more comfy two up. ABS is standard on cbr500 too.

If you want some touring, just get cbr500 but if you only drive in city or for short distances, you can consider ninja250 too as both these bikes are great imo.

Looks and style wise the baby ninja wins hands down but with such a small price difference it's pretty hard to justify buying the ninja.

I did laugh.png

You know I did consider that Honda though

But spec wise I chose the Ninja because I knew

by looking at the specs I would enjoy that engine more

for the riding I do.

But I agree that someone looking for the most cc VS price

would have to go Honda no doubt.

I contacted Tankslapper and Lucas was very helpful. I sent him a photo of the tank bag I am getting and he is going to make a template out of 3M film to make sure it has full protection. Plus, shipping it here will only be less than $1 more than shipping it to the US, around $7!

Good Deal & thanks for the heads up!
Lucas made up a new Tank Protection Kit for the 250. I'm getting one!

http://thetankslapper.biz/osc/product_info.php?cPath=25_1161&products_id=1168&osCsid=33c6f9e96e6fafa38c47212cf935a44e

• Like 1

Went to honda bigwing today to get my insurance docs and to see moriwaki pipe again.

There were a crowd of owners receiving first batch of nine cbx500 handed to owners on earth. Lads were looking very happy to receive their bikes on friday!

Cbx500 is a good bike imo. A great allrounder. Matte grey colour looks cool. I can buy one just to tour around and go for mild trails.

By the way honda bigwing guys dynoed a cbr500 with moriwaki pipe and get an extra 3 hp! 7 percent increase in performance. I m thinking of getting one next month.:lol:

Looks like this.

post-114750-13627506669628_thumb.jpg

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 2

By the way honda bigwing guys dynoed a cbr500 with moriwaki pipe and get an extra 3 hp! 7 percent increase in performance. I m thinking of getting one next month.laugh.png Looks like this.

What do they sell for? Also is it a slip on or a full system?

By the way honda bigwing guys dynoed a cbr500 with moriwaki pipe and get an extra 3 hp! 7 percent increase in performance. I m thinking of getting one next month. Looks like this.What do they sell for? Also is it a slip on or a full system?

They sell it for cbr500r and cb500f. sure it is ok for cbx500 too.

It is full system and it keeps the catalyzer. has an emission and sound approval certificate from thai office for easy greenbook registration.

38600 thb but 35000 th with 10 percent disount for bigwing members club. Pricy but i dont think so i can get a recognized brand less than 25 k anyway and time is short and bike is new. Makers need time to release something. I do not want to wait too long man. Besides, It is getting dangerous with mute stock pipe.

• Like 1

You might check out Devil & also that Alis No Limits in BKK

They seem to make a nice full system & I see they have them for the

Ninja 250 & 650 plus also the Honda 250 so I am guessing they will do the Honda 500 shortly

prices seem pretty good too.

Also the Alias guys setup ( Corse )is titanium can & carbon tip so may last if true titanium

They are on facebook & answer quickly any questions

http://www.facebook.com/Aliasnolimits

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Ninja 250 & 650 plus also the Honda 250 so I am guessing they will do the Honda 500 shortly

Also the Alias guys setup ( Corse )is titanium can & carbon tip so may last if true titanium

I heard a Devil system today, that pipe is really really loud.

I heard a Devil system today, that pipe is really really loud.
I wonder if they had the silencer out?

I heard one here in CM with the silencer in & it was not too loud

It has one of those removable silencers that slip into the end.

but of course it was still louder than stock.

Like we had mentioned to each other though, the stock pipe sounds

quite good in the higher rev range doesn't it?

Yet nice & subtle in the lower revs

Edited by mania

Yeah a thai pipe probably less than half the price of moriwaki tempting really! but i go for something authentic, made in japan this time, something that i throw to the bike and forget it there forever with no probs. Besides i liked its legal paper and black pearl look. Dont want to buy anything carbon this time.

Thai pipe makers are doing better nowadays though. devil looks good mania.

Edited by loserlazer

CBX at Honda Big Wing Chiang Mai as well, they had maybe 8 or so. All sold of course.

Black looks nice because it's matte black. Should look good after removing that bizarre sticker on the side. White didn't do anything for me, lame color IMO. It seems a much smaller bike than the Versys though - it's really low - I think the seat is as low as the CBR500.

Should make a great little city commuter and general all-rounder bike.

I am at honda training center by ramkhameng road just for fun:lol:

They have a good track here nice to learn the limits of the bike.

Drove cb500x today. What a comfy and easy bike. A breeze to drive with its upright position. Light and agile and can lean as much as a cbr500r. Easier to drive than a versys and it looks better than it imo for sure. Cb500x owners i am sure happy guys now:lol:

post-114750-13628095464596_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13628095816966_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13628096676829_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13628097571367_thumb.jpg

post-114750-1362809770911_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13628098036541_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I am at honda training center by ramkhameng road just for fun:lol: They have a good track here nice to learn the limits of the bike. Drove cb500x today. What a comfy and easy bike. A breeze to drive with its upright position. Light and agile and can lean as much as a cbr500r. Easier to drive than a versys and it looks better than it imo for sure. Cb500x owners i am sure happy guys now:lol:

where is this, I lived in ramkhamheng and never seen this

do you need a driving licence to test it? I am really interested in buying 500r, seems a better choice than ninja 250r and only 50000 difference

I am at honda training center by ramkhameng road just for fun:lol: They have a good track here nice to learn the limits of the bike. Drove cb500x today. What a comfy and easy bike. A breeze to drive with its upright position. Light and agile and can lean as much as a cbr500r. Easier to drive than a versys and it looks better than it imo for sure. Cb500x owners i am sure happy guys now:lol:

where is this, I lived in ramkhamheng and never seen this

do you need a driving licence to test it? I am really interested in buying 500r, seems a better choice than ninja 250r and only 50000 difference

They did not ask my license. Besides, they are authorized to train and give license for drivers ans riders.

It is between soi ramkhameng 127 and 129. A big facility, hard to miss.

That is one mistake Honda makes, and a lot of other shops too.

They never ask you if you have a driver's license but they do sell you insurance.

First thing the insurance guy asks you when you have an accident: Where is your license.

They never ask you if you have a driver's license but they do sell you insurance.

First thing the insurance guy asks you when you have an accident: Where is your license.

Bramds, they took copies of my license while selling the insurance.

And maybe they asked the licenses of Thai guys before the session as they know i have one.

And maybe they asked the licenses of Thai guys before the session as they know i have one.

Really? i have bought 3 bikes in this country and have never been asked for my license, and 2 of them have 1st class insurance.

@Bramds: Why should Honda care whether you have a license or not? It's really not their problem.

• Like 1

Really? i have bought 3 bikes in this country and have never been asked for my license, and 2 of them have 1st class insurance.

@Bramds: Why should Honda care whether you have a license or not? It's really not their problem.

They also asked for my bike license when I bought bike & 1st class insurance

at Kawasaki Chiangmai

I have never been asked for my license.

They should ask you, but they rather just take your money and don't give a flying <deleted> when you have an accident.

There should be a system put in place that links your insurance policy with your driver's license.

So if you don't have one, they can't sell you insurance.

Of course you could take your wife's or girlfriend's license, but if you have an accident later on, then it was your own choice to do something fraudulent.

I may have got this wrong...but I thought it was the vehicle that was insured here, and not the driver/rider ???

Actually I believe that is true to an extent meaning the damages to the vehicle can be covered.

But if your the cause of the accident I am not sure what would happen if your unlicensed & the other

party has damages or injuries. We know what would happen elsewhere & if it developed into a court case I imagine

an unlicensed farang would not have a leg to stand on

That aside I do know I do get a good discount on my truck 1st class insurance by naming the drivers as

just my wife & I. I believe it is like 10% discount if I remember right. So it is possible to limit the coverage

that way to named drivers & get a better price than a blanket insure of the vehicle.

But they do remind you the truck will not be insured if I let anyone else drive

I may have got this wrong...but I thought it was the vehicle that was insured here, and not the driver/rider ???

That aside I do know I do get a good discount on my truck 1st class insurance by naming the drivers as

just my wife & I. I believe it is like 10% discount if I remember right. So it is possible to limit the coverage

that way to named drivers & get a better price than a blanket insure of the vehicle.

But they do remind you the truck will not be insured if I let anyone else drive

Yep, you're right, just asked the wife and yes you can name the drivers...but it is the vehicle that is insured not the driver/rider.

• Like 1