Where Are The Stores?

HeijoshinCool

My Lenovo, 16 months old, just took a dump. In fact, it has diarrhea. Keys that no longer work, won't wake up from a sleep, often refuses to connect to the internet .... I'm tired of PCs.

I don't buy over the internet.

1. So where are the Apple stores near Surat Thani? Krabi? Phukett? I live outside Nakhon Si Thamarhat, the store there is almost empty of product, so I'm not comfortable buying there.

2. Does Apple Thailand have a 7, or a 30 day, no questions asked, return policy? Can they, outside BKK, be trusted to honor it?

3. Can I buy the 3 year plan here?

4. Can I install my authentic Windows 7 on the latest Air?

Suggestions? I only use it for writing on MS Word. No games, no chat, no heavy software.

Thanks much.

Let me add to the fact that I only use it for writing: Would an i-Pad suffice? I'm looking for lightweight portability, and a comfortable "keypad". I write 6 plus hours a day.

Thanks again!

Edited by HeijoshinCool

Nothing wrong with using the Online Mac store... very efficient delivery ....

Check out the Mac store link here:

http://store.apple.c...&cid=AOS-TH-KWG

Check out return policy here (10 days)

http://store.apple.c...urrighttoreturn

I have also found my local (Samui) Ibeats store to be very helpful..... that could vary around the country... depending on manager perhaps?

Thanks, guys. Sorry for late reply.

No. You can't return anything "no questions asked". Once you buy it, you buy it. If it's DOA, obviously they'll order a new one, if you find something doesn't work after you leave the store, they'll fix it under warranty.

So, just make sure you check it at the store before you leave. I made the guy stand there and wait for me to check. Especially for dead pixels.

No. You can't return anything "no questions asked". Once you buy it, you buy it. If it's DOA, obviously they'll order a new one, if you find something doesn't work after you leave the store, they'll fix it under warranty.

So, just make sure you check it at the store before you leave. I made the guy stand there and wait for me to check. Especially for dead pixels.

And how does one check for dead pixels? Anything else I should look out for? The store in Surat Thani has said I have 7 days to return for any reason. They are also the only store in the area that gives a teacher's discount.

There is only a 3000 baht difference between the 11" Air and the MacBook Pro. I lean towards the Air for its light weight and small footprint.

Comments?

And how does one check for dead pixels? Anything else I should look out for? The store in Surat Thani has said I have 7 days to return for any reason. They are also the only store in the area that gives a teacher's discount.

There is only a 3000 baht difference between the 11" Air and the MacBook Pro. I lean towards the Air for its light weight and small footprint.

Comments?

If it's an Apple Authorized dealer (Ibeats or BananaIT) they should be OK with the 7 day return policy... (There are a number of larger credible stores like that in Thailand that offer 7 day return... just make sure to keep the receipt !!!

Ibeats on Samui I find better than BananaIT, even though it is the same company... working under two names.... Ibeats only Mac / Apple stuff...

I suspect they are authorized since they will give you the education discount.... (which shop is it?) Easy to get the Ed discount on line too!

As for which one, well I have Mac book Air, for portability and been very happy with it... (I also have Mac Mini) If you have the cash, I always feel bigger is better! thumbsup.gif

Comes down to what you need it for, I guess!