Man Caught Smuggling Bangkok-Bought Monkey In His Underwear

webfact

Man caught smuggling Bangkok-bought monkey in his underwear

By Coconuts Bangkok

mo.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A man traveling from Bangkok to Dubai was arrested for animal smuggling during a layover in India recently when a customs officer noticed a monkey in his trousers.

Officials at the New Delhi Airport noticed something poking around in the young man’s nether regions as he was passing through security. Upon a body search, officials found a six to seven inch slender loris monkey packed in a polythene bag and hidden in his underwear, the Hindustan Times reported.

The young man told officials that he wanted the animal for a pet and had bought it in Bangkok.

The man was traveling with two others, and one of his companions reportedly threw away a monkey that he was smuggling into a trashcan. [more...]

Full story: http://www.coconutsb...-his-underwear/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2012-09-12

footer_n.gif

strange why he wasn't caught at Bangkok airport...

"Officials at the New Delhi Airport noticed something poking around in the young man's nether regions ..."

Not an unusual sight amongst farang passing through Suvarnabhumi.

Maybe he was singing " Me and my monkey" ;)

Does anyone have any information on where these 'smugglers' were from? I am wondering if it happens to be the same people I ran into several months ago in vietnam who were trying to return one of these animals to a sanctuary... but had designed an underwear pouch for it for discreet traveling. Strange.. yes!

Continued from main story:

Officials thought the young male was acting strangly when they noticed his eyes rolling, big grin on his face and were drawn to the big moving bulge in his pants, also they could not ignore him when he shouted out loud - "yes, yes, faster, more, ah, ah, ah ooh"

Edited by newermonkey

Does anyone have any information on where these 'smugglers' were from? I am wondering if it happens to be the same people I ran into several months ago in vietnam who were trying to return one of these animals to a sanctuary... but had designed an underwear pouch for it for discreet traveling. Strange.. yes!

Ah yes that will be the arabian desert santury ! No, these little monkeys (and other so called exotic creatures) will bring big bucks from some ugly arab hi-so's.

My worst fear - being in the middle of a big busy airport and my monkey sticks his head out of my trousers' fly and starts waving to everyone. And if this idiot tried this dumb stunt in Australia the RSPCA would have him up on a charge of keeping a monkey in a dirty filthy environment.

The gentle slow loris

I bet it's a raving maniac now. sad.png

Perhaps a raving nympho now.

My worst fear - being in the middle of a big busy airport and my monkey sticks his head out of my trousers' fly and starts waving to everyone. And if this idiot tried this dumb stunt in Australia the RSPCA would have him up on a charge of keeping a monkey in a dirty filthy environment.

My worst fear would be walking down the terminal isle and a monkey sticks its head out of the trashcan...flashbacks of sesame st.

So he smuggled the monkey out of Suvanabhumi Airportlaugh.png ?

Yes, I think that's the place where airplanes leave for Dubai.

Sarcasm suits you perfectly

I think u must spell out for Semper and others who dont get irony what you are implying about the 'efficiency and efficacy' of Departure security checks at Swampy.