Good Hearted Thai Muslims

simple1

As there are so many negative posts regarding Muslims I thought it time to post the brief factual story below.

I live in the Muslim area of Pattaya. My wife has informed me about an elderly guy from Iceland who lives in a low cost rental in a Soi that except for him, is solely populated by Thai Muslims. The local Thai Muslim community like him as he is polite and friendly. The community keep an eye out for him, invite him to share their evening meals, transport him to the beach for free as he enjoys people watching. He doesn't have a Thai GF, just enjoys living peacefully in Thailand.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

They may just be good people, that does not make them good Muslims. Just as good people who are Christen help people, but to be good Muslims or Christians stoning etc is not needed. Jim.

They certainly consider themselves Muslims and don't stone people to death, nor attack non believers etc etc There are extremist elements in all religions.

Edited by simple1

They may just be good people, that does not make them good Muslims. Just as good people who are Christen help people, but to be good Muslims or Christians stoning etc is not needed. Jim.

They are good Muslims as they don't stone people to death, nor attack non believers etc etc There are extremist elements in all religions.

If you believe the Koran or Bible, is the word of god then you are not a true believer if you do not follow his laws. Jim

They are good Muslims as they don't stone people to death, nor attack non believers etc etc There are extremist elements in all religions.

If you believe the Koran or Bible, is the word of god then you are not a true believer if you do not follow his laws. Jim

Why not accept there are, for want of better words, good hearted Muslims.

• Like 2

because u always get one on TV who wants to bring every nice story down...........and lovely post from the OP......

Can except that there are good people who live in a culture, that dictates rules to live by. that does not make you a true believer, it makes you a follower of the latest trends. These people would be attacked in parts of the world as none believers. Jim

I have been down south Thailand there are many good people, Buddhist,Muslims Christians all living happily together. Live and let live that's my motto. who ever or what ever they are. good can be found every where, maybe start with ones self before passing comments.

This topic probably has a very short shelf life as some members can't help themselves and rant. Two posts removed as inflammatory. Read the below forum rules before posting again.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

I believe the message of the OP was that they tend to be decent people. I agree. From my experience in SEA this is usually the case.

Correct, with a few exceptions, also hard working and honest

please translate the meaning of your posting in a language i master.