No Helmet Fine In Your Town

Sydneycraig

1980???

Many cars not even had head rests and reel seat belts at that time. Hard to compare with today and todays traffic.

In the USA headrests and seat belts were required to be installed on new cars from about 1968 (however modern retractable seatbelts weren't the norm till the early 1970s - 'three point' belts were required from 1974 on), and headrests from 1969 on But you're quite right that some older used cars in 1980 had no belts or headrests - nowadays those would be in a museum I guess.

1980???

Many cars not even had head rests and reel seat belts at that time. Hard to compare with today and todays traffic.

In the USA headrests and seat belts were required to be installed on new cars from about 1968 (however modern retractable seatbelts weren't the norm till the early 1970s - 'three point' belts were required from 1974 on), and headrests from 1969 on But you're quite right that some older used cars in 1980 had no belts or headrests - nowadays those would be in a museum I guess.

I never wear a belt cos I got an airbag in front of me if I ever have a bingle.

A belt doesn't help if you have a side impact or an angle impact. A lot of people suffer head injuries even if they have a belt on.

The ideal safety system would be to have an inflatable bubble for each person in the vehicle. The bubble would inflate quickly and encompass the person until the vehicle came to rest.

Bsj.. You REALLY need to find out how airbags work... they work in conjunction with the seat belt.... not replace it..The bottom picture is a guy that didnt wear a seatbelt and got the exploding airbag right in the face...

post-62652-0-90197900-1348027991_thumb.j

post-62652-0-29893200-1348028092_thumb.j

Edited by thaicbr

A belt doesn't help if you have a side impact or an angle impact. A lot of people suffer head injuries even if they have a belt on.

The ideal safety system would be to have an inflatable bubble for each person in the vehicle. The bubble would inflate quickly and encompass the person until the vehicle came to rest.

Bsj.. You REALLY need to find out how airbags work... they work in conjunction with the seat belt.... not replace it..The bottom picture is a guy that didnt wear a seatbelt and got the exploding airbag right in the face...

post-62652-0-90197900-1348027991_thumb.j

post-62652-0-29893200-1348028092_thumb.j

I read in Wikipedia that in the USA the airbag explodes earlier, more aggressive and at low speed accidents (speed >15 km/h) compared to Europe (speed>25 km/h). This is claimed to reduce injuries to people who not wear a seatbelt. Don't know if this is true, but maybe this is why BJS want to rely on the airbag instead on the seatbelt. At least in Europe you need to wear a seatbelt. If not you may get hurt from the airbag in case of an accident.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_bags#Regulatory_specifications

Bib told me today that fines are set by each area as they choose but must be between 200 and 1000b

Koh pha ngan - 200b

200b and a ticket alowing you to drive without a helmet for 24Hrs wink.png

200b and a ticket to remind you that you are stupid thumbsup.gif

I'm sure you could get a job with any of the major car manufacturers ...