Tattoos

damo

Tattoos  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tattoos are a form of art, however they are not my cup of tea.

Most of the people who have them in Thailand are criminals or BG's.

Well I'm not a criminal....................blink.png

He said most and he is right.

It's an old generation (60+) point of view.

For younger generation (20 to 40) tattoos don't carry the same weight. I live in a Hong Kong upper class neighborhood and when I go to the gym, easily 30% of the men have a tattoo and the younger they are, the higher the %. And honestly, nobody cares.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tattoos are fine if you like them, your body after all. Did read though that Tatt removal is a booming business so perhaps many doing it as a fad these days are having second thoughts. A subtle Tatt on a girl is OK (East or West) but for many just makes them look like tramps, and probably not going to be a good look as they age.

"Not look good" The girl ot the Tat whistling.gif

Opinions are always interesting.

Got my first and only tattoo at 66 - traditional Thai Sak Yant tattoo on my upper back. My TH lady has a very small Thai "good luck" tattoo on her hip bone area.

I don't care what anyone thinks, just responding to the poll.

BTW, most criminals and BG's may have tattoos but certainly most people who have tattoos are not criminals or BG's. Don't be so statistically silly.

Edited by Headgame

Tattoos are for people who don't understand T-Shirts.

Boring, rolleyes.gif ..................bah.gif

Not as boring as wearing the same T-shirt all your life.

I wear different T shirts all the time, outsiders only see my ONE Tattoo at the gym. thumbsup.gif

Who can read the Thai script on it ? laugh.png

post-41816-0-25623100-1347683805_thumb.j

Tattoos are a form of art, however they are not my cup of tea.

Most of the people who have them in Thailand are criminals or BG's.

Ah, Most! Thank goodness for that, I was having a bit of an identity crisis there for a moment!

Got my first tattoos when I was 15 in Belfast, because it was the thing to do at the time. Over the years there were more added, the last body tattoos done in 'Pinkies', Hong Kong in 1990. Surprisingly all of them have kept their colour with only the text lines and outlines expanding slightly through time.

Why did I do it? I think 'something to do at the time' would cover it for me! Ah, freedom of youth! Still, no girls names on any of them so no regrets.............wink.png

Edit: As an addition to the above, tattoos on girls. IMO of course, small discreet and personal, OK, full body or prominent, not for me.

Edited by chrisinth

A bloke I knew had a tattoo of a fish on his dick for catholic girls who did'nt eat meat on Fridays and a hammer and sickle on the other side so he could fuk communism. biggrin.png

Also had LETS FUC_K done up-side down in capital letters inside his bottom lip.

Edited by damo

• I love tattoos (7 votes [13.73%]) I like tattoos (10 votes [19.61%]) So 17 on the I like side
  • Neither like or dislike (18 votes [35.29%]) 18 do not care
  • I hate tattoos (10 votes [19.61%]) I dislike tattoos (6 votes [11.76%]) 16 on the I do not like side
  • Have (24 votes [47.06%]) Dont have (27 votes [52.94%]) 24 members do have tatoos ...when only 17 do like tatoos....
  • No... I will not add any comment I am open-minded whistling.gif

daft-punk-helmets-web.jpg

Just right click on the image,

choose copy image location,

toggle back to TV and in the reply field click on the image icon,

a pop up will open with the letters URL and a blank field,

paste the copied image location and hit enter.

Job done.

Awesome colours BTW, is that 1 of yours DP?

Job done.

Looks great on a 72 year old, I'm sure.

• Like 1

Job done.

yep thats mine

It's an old generation (60+) point of view.

For younger generation (20 to 40) tattoos don't carry the same weight. I live in a Hong Kong upper class neighborhood and when I go to the gym, easily 30% of the men have a tattoo and the younger they are, the higher the %. And honestly, nobody cares.

i was just about to say the same thing, i have no tattoos, but have had a design in mind for the last 10 years.

I think that the poll would be much more effective if we could draw a correlation between age, occupation, and like or dislike of tattoos.

i suspect we would find those (males) that favour tattoos over the age of say 55, would be fairly blue collar.

As we get to 40-45 and lower i think you would see more of a mix demographic in favour, though the preponderance would still lean slightly towards a more working class individual.

women are the wild card especially under the age of 30, I know many women with tattoos, though most have a small fashion piece seen only in rather intimate circumstances.

i may be way off base, but at least i am willing to accept differing viewpoints.

read through this gem for one member's take on tattoos:

Presumably, physical and emotional stability should be a requirement. I have still not found some sound reason for getting tattoos. Why would someone's body and skin not be adequate enough. So perhaps emotional stability could be in question here. Perhaps in the same fashion as women dying their hair red, or blue for that matter...

Edited by tinfoilhat
  • Like 1

I think Westerners with the 'Temple tatts' look like plonkers. I have a couple of tats from my military days and they look like crap now. I do appreciate the really top quality artwork on some though.

im covered in temple tatts, what is it in another persons decisions that can bother a person.

I bet if someone looks at you long enough, they will find something wrong.

Tattoos, make up, fancy clothes, fancy haircuts, etc - if you like it, get it.

Personally I prefer natural people.

What like? Hairy, sweaty & smelly ?

You think natural people are hairy, sweaty & smelling?

All my gf, and now my wife, were/are natural people.

None of them hairy, sweaty & smelling.

But if you prefer decorated Xmas trees, sure, go for it.