Is There Something Like A Po Box In Thailand?

BigBroToo

I have seen Post Office boxes in the Post offices in Thailand. Not sure if you can rent one from abroad. The ones I sa had a door inside the post office and another in the wall outside. customers can then collect their mail even when the post office is closed

MBE in Bangkok.

I have seen Post Office boxes in the Post offices in Thailand. Not sure if you can rent one from abroad. The ones I sa had a door inside the post office and another in the wall outside. customers can then collect their mail even when the post office is closed

MBE in Bangkok.

"Mailboxes Etc."

I am from Minnesota, and live in Chiang Mai, and I receive my ballot by email. After completing my voting, I am required to return the ballot by regular mail, however. No PO box is needed.

That said, a few post offices do have boxes for rent at 500 baht a year. (Most offices do have boxes, but often none are vacant and available.) A passport must be shown in order to set up the box. So, I think you will not be able to do that from abroad.

I am from Minnesota, and live in Chiang Mai, and I receive my ballot by email. After completing my voting, I am required to return the ballot by regular mail, however. No PO box is needed.

That said, a few post offices do have boxes for rent at 500 baht a year. (Most offices do have boxes, but often none are vacant and available.) A passport must be shown in order to set up the box. So, I think you will not be able to do that from abroad.

Thanks Mr. Brad. Every state is different. It would make sense to make it that easy. But I am from Florida a hotly contested battleground state. but I think I might have found a solution. Thanks all.

Edited by BigBroToo

I do not believe PO boxes are available for short term rental, as said, if they are available are now 500 baht/year.

For single items of mail you could try the "Poste-Restante" service. ie have the letter sent to any post office in Thailand and collect it when you arrive by showing id. Google for required po address if needed or ask here.

More details http://www.thailande.free.fr/en/postage.php