Malaysia Gets 'em While They Are Young

tinfoilhat

Be very careful what you send your child to school in.

http://www.guardian....ot-gay-children

I'm sure there are a few opinions here on the matter.

BTW: I would have preferred to post this in general, however i fear it would have be shut down as non- thai related.

I do believe a campaign like this deserves plenty of exposure.

Edited by tinfoilhat

"According to a handout issued at a recent seminar, signs of homosexuality in boys may include preferences for tight, light-coloured clothes and large handbags, local media reported."

cheesy.gif

Presumably small handbags are ok?

Edited by endure
  • Like 1

They must have really studied the "problem":

According to a handout issued at a recent seminar, signs of homosexuality in boys may include preferences for tight, light-coloured clothes and large handbags ... For girls, the details were less clear. Girls with lesbian tendencies have no affection for men and like to hang out and sleep in the company of women ....

The solution would seem to be no handbags or lycra for the boys, and no sleepovers for the girls. "Problem" solved.

At least the seminars are non-discriminatory.

"It is a multi-religious and multicultural [event], after all, all religions are basically against that type of behaviour," said the official.

Apart from Buddhists and Reform Jews and Conservative Jews and Quakers and Unitarians...

• Like 1

Homosexuality is a long-established part of Malay. as opposed to Islamic, culture. It would be difficult to change that.

Long-established and previously accepted - at least two or three decades ago when I was living and working in Brunei (a Malay state, but not part of Malaysia). Unfortunately the comparatively recent change in Islamic "culture" mainly coming out of Saudi Arabia during that period has totally changed what is understood by many as Islamic.

At least the seminars are non-discriminatory.

"It is a multi-religious and multicultural [event], after all, all religions are basically against that type of behaviour," said the official.

Apart from Buddhists and Reform Jews and Conservative Jews and Quakers and Unitarians...

Very true - many people (not only Muslims, but Mormons et al) like to claim that disapproval of homosexuality is a religious norm; it's not.

• 4 weeks later...

I was laughing out loud when a friend who came and visited last night told us that they try to "define" gay guy and lesbian in Malaysia: gay guy - like men (this, I'm sure!), wear v-neck tshirt and carry large bag (????); lesbian - like women (this, I'm very sure too!), enjoy hanging out with group of girls only (???).

Now I know he was not joking. tongue.png