Buy Bmw Alloy Wheels Online And Ship To Th ?

bkmbkk

I am looking to change the alloy wheels on my 3 serie year 2011 to 19 inch+ some desent sport tyres (non runflat tyre).

Went on alloywheelsdirect.net and they sell 4 original pcs incl. tyres and shipment to Th for 2897,20 GBP = 145000 Baht incl.

Shipment alone is 633 GBP = 32000 Baht

Same wheels from a BMW dealer in Th incl tyres are 197838,72 Baht.

I don't dare yet to order online - as we all know - the customs are waiting for them.

The online dealer (from UK) don't do in customs.

Have you bought wheels or other stuff online and dealt with customs ?

The wheels is a quite big package so it will not get in unnoticed.

Must i buy from BMW TH ?

Get them sent to a friend in the UK and ask him to ship them via standard mail (i.e. EMS).

The idea of sending 4 separate shipments (i.e. a few days apart) is a good one. Some of them might slip though the customs net.

Expect to pay tax and figure that into your cost calculations then you won't get a shock when they arrive and you get stung for customs.

The guess is that Customs will charge and additional 40% (I got that figure of TV.com so it could be inaccurate).

• Like 1

Another option though likely additional cost but maybe not as much depending is to order the wheels one at a time so they don't garner as much attention on entry as a singular big ticket item though shipping cost is going to be slightly higher?

Ya I am not to keen as well on this online thing.

I see a lot of haressment comming my way with that.

The wheels is from BMW - they have a name and number as BMW refer to.

I do not see any other brand name other than BMW and they have a lot of aftermarket wheels for the different BMW's.

It is sold as origina BMW wheels by BMW and the online firm as well.

Another option though likely additional cost but maybe not as much depending is to order the wheels one at a time so they don't garner as much attention on entry as a singular big ticket item though shipping cost is going to be slightly higher?

^^Doh!! Just realized I echoed some other posters like my post was original whistling.gif . Nice idea guys wish I had though of it whistling.gif ?? thumbsup.gif That's what I get for being in too much of a hurry to read the whole thread rolleyes.gif .

Your bmw is from gray market or directly from bmw thailand? Reason i am asking is because of the BSI. My 520 is from bmw thailand and i did buy original M5 rims shipped from usa, when i went to millennium for bsi they asked me to put back the original rims with tires back and only then i can get my bsi resumed.

Your bmw is from gray market or directly from bmw thailand? Reason i am asking is because of the BSI. My 520 is from bmw thailand and i did buy original M5 rims shipped from usa, when i went to millennium for bsi they asked me to put back the original rims with tires back and only then i can get my bsi resumed.

My car is not gray import.

I asked about the wheels at the BMW dealer in Phuket and they have brohcures over wheels - as can be found on BMW web sites.

Nobody said anything about BSI.

Are BMW (in your case) saying you can't change to other original BMW wheels built for your model ?

In that case you would wonder why they offer so many other types of wheels for sale ?

Do you think you would get the same story from all dealers ? Could it be another story at another dealer ?

Thank you for the warning, I will make sure to ask before buying.

I asked about the wheels at the BMW dealer in Phuket and they have brohcures over wheels - as can be found on BMW web sites.

Are BMW (in your case) saying you can't change to other original BMW wheels built for your model ?

In that case you would wonder why they offer so many other types of wheels for sale ?

Do you think you would get the same story from all dealers ? Could it be another story at another dealer ?

What is a BSI?

What is a BSI?

BSI = BMW Service Included.

Oil change, brake pads + other stuff, changed free of charge by BMW

• 8 months later...

Lenso and a few other locally made brands will be around the prices you want.

Spend time on any of the car owner associations, and there are usually people selling complete sets of wheels and tires including some from BMW.

But whether you will keep your BSI or not....I presume you are using BMW Barcelona? You might be ok; Millenium seems to have the most reaction to any changes to the car outside of their own workshops. Probably easier to 'claim' the wheels were 2nd hand or bought from a friend than to admit to importing yourself.