Land Prices

timber

I am looking to build on the south east coast of Thailand in a couple of years. South of Phra Chaub Kili Khan All of the people I have talked to are looking at about 1 million baht per rail for ocean front. Do you think I could do better than that. Location isn't too important. More important that it is buildable and not too hard to get electricity to.

I am looking to build on the south east coast of Thailand in a couple of years. South of Phra Chaub Kili Khan All of the people I have talked to are looking at about 1 million baht per rail for ocean front. Do you think I could do better than that. Location isn't too important. More important that it is buildable and not too hard to get electricity to.

Can you be more specific where the location is? I haven't heard of it. Is it south (east) of Songhkla?

Google can't find the location as you describe it....

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Can you be more specific where the location is? I haven't heard of it. Is it south (east) of Songhkla?

Google can't find the location as you describe it....

LaoPo

I think he is probably talking about Prachuab Kiri Khan a bit south of Hua Hin.

Sophon

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the infor. The area I am looking for is between Chomphon and Luan Suan but if attractive enough could go further south. Thanks again and cheers

Hey, Timber I'm new to the discussion board but I think I can help you find what your looking for where your looking for it. I've got a Thai land developer with a few interesting prospects that perhaps would suit your interests.......... They are next to the seashore or only minutes away. Some have rubber, some have palm.........Some require a little investment, some require more, depends on your plans...let's talk. Landman ....

Landman...Name seems to bring a vision. Would be interested in knowing about land opportunities down south. Both interested in land on the coast and interior. On the coast for a home and in the interior for rubber or palm oil plantation.

Landman...Name seems to bring a vision. Would be interested in knowing about land opportunities down south. Both interested in land on the coast and interior. On the coast for a home and in the interior for rubber or palm oil plantation.

Hello again, if you are looking to invest into either rubber or palm then consider this: the south has a lot of rain, and therefore a lot of flooding. This last year was a fierce one with floods up and down the southern-eastern coast in about every province that is close to or below sea level. Case and point Nakorn Sri Thammarat flooded in about every rai and caused damage to fields and crops. Hat Yai flooded, Songkhla, Pattani, etc.. Surat, Laung Suan, Sawi, Chumpon saw a little depending on where your fields are located. If you are looking for a homebuilding site near the sea then you need to find a site with minimal wind turbulence. the East coast, especially Chumpon is known for its Typhoons. But land is fairly cheap near the sea and there is plenty of it available. Near the sea I know of some 12 year old rubber plantations that have never been cut with a view of islands and a panoramic view. Phuket land like this would be in multiple millions of baht. The rubber is on a hill facing the west with the view being on the opposite slope. A road would be needed to reach the peak ideally located for a house or even a resort. There is an unpaved road that extends to the property off the main road about one or two kilometers. There is a small house, electricity, and well already installed. I also am familiar with some palm sites inland laters landman.

• Like 1

Landman - a question for you then.

My wife and I are examining the possibility of buying land in Thailand, possibly the south. In terms of ownership, my wife's suster is married to a Thai and holds Thai nationality (gave up her M'sian one), so should we have her own the land or can we own it outright?

Also, where are palm oil plantations in the south that produce twice a month and are flood-free?

Cheers,

Thx for the mention V :o Just searched "rubber" and "chumpon" and it came up with this:

http://www.bahtsold.com/detail.php?id=14435

35 rai 20kms outside Chumpon, near the sea, beautiful country land, amongst rubber and oil plantations 8 mil. bht.

Seller's name says Gordon, other than that, I don't know anything about the advertiser. Good luck gents.

Landman

Thanks for the reply. Not looking at a major investment right now unless it looked so attractive that I couldn't refuse. Was interested in rubber and palm inland. 12 year old rubber tree plantations seem to good to be true. When you say land is fairly cheap near the sea how much are you talking about. What are rough prices for rubber, coconut and oil palm land now.

Thanks for your information.

Landman

Thanks for the reply. Not looking at a major investment right now unless it looked so attractive that I couldn't refuse. Was interested in rubber and palm inland. 12 year old rubber tree plantations seem to good to be true. When you say land is fairly cheap near the sea how much are you talking about. What are rough prices for rubber, coconut and oil palm land now.

Thanks for your information.

Sorry for the layoff as I was out trekking and surveying some spots. Yes as far as I have obserbed the rubber hasn't been touched yet. The land the developer offered to sell, and this is HIS quote, was "75-95" Rai wth over "2000 trees" that HAVE been cut before for "4.5 Million" with a view, electricity, a well,and a house. His second piece of land is the one I mentioned aforehand. It is 36 Rai in total, with 32 Rai with 1800 trees, "untouched" for 2.4 Million included a shelter, electricity, and a well at the base next to the unpaved road. The view is spectacular at the top. I have been to both spots last month. Average prices for planted rubber is 30 to 80 k/baht per rai around Chumpon to Surat. Trang is cheaper, but can you protect your field? There are a lot of rubber thieves who will come and cut 10 rai of yours when not protected, and yes this is a problem among other things in the south. planted palm 10k-50k/rai. coconut even cheaper. I know of a 20 rai plantation of 2 year old palms for 500k, next to a highway so easy transport. I also know of a 16 rai plantation with 4 rai unplanted for 1.5 million next to the same highway. But the palm is already ready for cutting. Surathani is exploding with palm, all the way south of Bangkok. Rubber is exploding south of Tung Song to Malaysia. It kind of splits into two at Tung Song, the cement capital of the south. Chumpon is a mixture of each. My landlord of the house I am renting just bought some rai in Phang Nga, north of Krabi for cheap, cheap for palm, but he has to plant it himself and it's about 80 baht per tree to be planted. If you would like to take a look at some photos please be patient as I am considering a website, perhaps in a month or two. If anyone would like to visit in person, I am willing to set up appointments for meetings now. Oh one more thing, someone asked if you can purchase it by your own name. As far as I know, you are not allowed, but if you have family that is Thai, that is perfectly fine. Otherwise it would be best to get an attorney's help especially in the province desired. Oh, I am a teacher, not a bloody realator. Laters LandMan.

Landman salutations

Where do you live? I will be headed down that way during Song Khran. You have a lot of interesting

stuff by the sound of it.

Sorry Man, will be headed back to North America for a short stay during that time for a much overstayed break. But attach an e-mail if you would like to discuss a more indetailed land scene here in the south. One caution to EVERYONE, I saw a post on the board from a land realtor for 8 million for less than forty rai, Anyone with half a brain should consider that if you go through a realtor, you will absolutly pay 400% more than you will if you can find some land by yourself or on the buzz wire. You have foreign money, therefore it is a immediate disadvantage to you. One example I ran into the past month is a Swedish couple, who are rich and retired, wanted to purchase 50 Rai with a two story house on a 'Ranchero' style fruit farm with no palm or rubber, only basic local fruits. The Thai owner went through a realtor who offered the site for six and a half million. I drove by the land and read the for sale sign in Thai, for guess what: two and a half million because it didn't sell. So the realtor is going to take basically 100,000 USD commision. What do you think? Landman... {LandTeacher/LandKrue}.

Average prices for planted rubber is 30 to 80 k/baht per rai around Chumpon to Surat. Trang is cheaper, but can you protect your field?

Landman very interesting post, i would be very interested in where you know of some land in Trang for sale with rubber trees alredy on for cheaper than 100,000 per rai.

I have lived here for 3 years and have never heard of this so ne information would be much apreciated.

Mike :o

Average prices for planted rubber is 30 to 80 k/baht per rai around Chumpon to Surat. Trang is cheaper, but can you protect your field?

Landman very interesting post, i would be very interested in where you know of some land in Trang for sale with rubber trees alredy on for cheaper than 100,000 per rai.

I have lived here for 3 years and have never heard of this so ne information would be much apreciated.

I am curious to know where exactly are these parcels of land that are that cheap.

Let's compare prices, and compare apples with apples not with oranges.

For example, beach front land in Samui is 3 to 4 million baht or more a rai, here in Nakhon Si Thammarat (Tha Sa La) land on the beach near ours is selling at about 700,000 a rai even at 1 million a rai.

We have beach front land for sale in Kanom (so close to Don Sak and Samui), and that is close to 2 million a rai.

Some landowners in ThaSaLa might part with a 10 rai lot at 500,000 a rai if you buy the lot.

sq. Wah sq. ft. sq. m. Ngan Rai Acre(s) Hectare(s)

1 43 4

100 4,305 400 1 0.25 0.10 0.04

400 17,222 1,600 4 1 0.40 0.16

800 34,444 3,200 8 2 0.80 0.32

1,200 51,667 4,800 12 3 1.20 0.48

1,600 68,888 6,400 16 4 1.60 0.64

2,000 86,111 8,000 20 5 2.00 0.80

2,400 103,333 9,600 24 6 2.40 0.96

2,800 120,555 11,200 28 7 2.80 1.12

3,200 137,777 12,800 32 8 3.20 1.28

3,600 155,000 14,400 36 9 3.60 1.44

4,000 172,222 16,000 40 10 4.00 1.60

32,000 80 20 8 3.20

48,000 120 30 12 4.80

64,000 160 40 16 6.40

80,000 200 50 20 8.00

96,000 240 60 24 9.60

112,000 280 70 28 11.20

128,000 320 80 32 12.80

144,000 360 90 36 14.40

160,000 400

Some Useful units of measure

1 sq. wah = 4 sq. m. 1 acre = 2.471 rai or 43,560 sq. ft.

1 ngan = 100 wah (or 400 sq. m.) 1 hectare = 6.25 rai or 10,000 sq. m.

1 Rai = 4 Ngan (or 1600 sq. m.)

sq. Wah sq. ft. sq. m. Ngan Rai Acre(s) Hectare(s)

1 43 4

100 4,305 400 1 0.25 0.10 0.04

400 17,222 1,600 4 1 0.40 0.16

800 34,444 3,200 8 2 0.80 0.32

1,200 51,667 4,800 12 3 1.20 0.48

1,600 68,888 6,400 16 4 1.60 0.64

2,000 86,111 8,000 20 5 2.00 0.80

2,400 103,333 9,600 24 6 2.40 0.96

2,800 120,555 11,200 28 7 2.80 1.12

3,200 137,777 12,800 32 8 3.20 1.28

3,600 155,000 14,400 36 9 3.60 1.44

4,000 172,222 16,000 40 10 4.00 1.60

Edited by timber

I am curious to know where exactly are these parcels of land that are that cheap.

Let's compare prices, and compare apples with apples not with oranges.

For example, beach front land in Samui is 3 to 4 million baht or more a rai, here in Nakhon Si Thammarat (Tha Sa La) land on the beach near ours is selling at about 700,000 a rai even at 1 million a rai.

We have beach front land for sale in Kanom (so close to Don Sak and Samui), and that is close to 2 million a rai.

Some landowners in ThaSaLa might part with a 10 rai lot at 500,000 a rai if you buy the lot.

OK I am back from my timeoff. Yes Samui for 3 or 4 million on the shore is very cheap per rai, are you thinking of maybe more 'on the beach'? I have been to Tha Sala many times. I have been to Kanom a couple of times when I took my students to scouting camp. I would have to say that 700,000 on the beach in Tha Sala is a little pricy considering where it is. Tha Sala is the most dangerous place to live in Thailand, and I kid you not. My girlfriend's older sister was murdered a couple of years ago by her pyscho policeman boyfriend who was eventually captured in Surat. Tha Sala is known for its slanted nosed politicians and police. I would never, never live near Sichon, Tha Sala, but maybe Kanom would be better. Kanom is really developing into a sister destination to Samui for those who want to stay on the mainland. There is an overpriced ferry port and many developing hotels. But is the land your talking about really worth 2 million? I know of a few resorts who are 4 stars and they charge foreigners 3000 baht per month to stay. The beaches are ok, not as good as a little farther north near Sawi/Lang Suan, where I stay. The sea can be rough in the high season, making it unswimmable. The shoreline is littered with rubbish and trash. But what MAKES it attractive is that it is close to Samui, and everyone hears Samui and they think it is the place to be. Recently I have found some parcels of land on the beach for as little as 800,000 rai in front of Kgo Phithak Amphure Sawi. The sea is like Phuket, and the shoreline is untouched like mother nature wanted it. It is a very beautiful place, you can even see Tao, Samui and Phang-Nga. I also have found many other BEACHFRONT parcels from 600000 rai to 3.5 million near or south of Chumphon. In my accute opinion, I would not buy any land in Tha Sala, because it's reputation supercedes its value. Perhaps Kanom would be a lot better and if the land can hold its value then it would be a lot better choice. But I haven't seen it in Kanom, they are building on the rocks now where the road is really steep and high up. But that land South of Kanom is very attractive and the beaches are lovely. Please fill me in on the low-down from the low-down. Landman.

OK I am back from my timeoff. Yes Samui for 3 or 4 million on the shore is very cheap per rai, are you thinking of maybe more 'on the beach'? I have been to Tha Sala many times. I have been to Kanom a couple of times when I took my students to scouting camp. I would have to say that 700,000 on the beach in Tha Sala is a little pricy considering where it is. Tha Sala is the most dangerous place to live in Thailand, and I kid you not. My girlfriend's older sister was murdered a couple of years ago by her pyscho policeman boyfriend who was eventually captured in Surat. Tha Sala is known for its slanted nosed politicians and police. I would never, never live near Sichon, Tha Sala, but maybe Kanom would be better. Kanom is really developing into a sister destination to Samui for those who want to stay on the mainland. There is an overpriced ferry port and many developing hotels. But is the land your talking about really worth 2 million? I know of a few resorts who are 4 stars and they charge foreigners 3000 baht per month to stay. The beaches are ok, not as good as a little farther north near Sawi/Lang Suan, where I stay. The sea can be rough in the high season, making it unswimmable. The shoreline is littered with rubbish and trash. But what MAKES it attractive is that it is close to Samui, and everyone hears Samui and they think it is the place to be. Recently I have found some parcels of land on the beach for as little as 800,000 rai in front of Kgo Phithak Amphure Sawi. The sea is like Phuket, and the shoreline is untouched like mother nature wanted it. It is a very beautiful place, you can even see Tao, Samui and Phang-Nga. I also have found many other BEACHFRONT parcels from 600000 rai to 3.5 million near or south of Chumphon. In my accute opinion, I would not buy any land in Tha Sala, because it's reputation supercedes its value. Perhaps Kanom would be a lot better and if the land can hold its value then it would be a lot better choice. But I haven't seen it in Kanom, they are building on the rocks now where the road is really steep and high up. But that land South of Kanom is very attractive and the beaches are lovely. Please fill me in on the low-down from the low-down. Landman.

Obviously I don't share your opinion about ThaSaLa since I live here, love it, wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Everybody I know, my family, friends and their family, and colleagues and their family, are alive, nobody killed, wacked or attacked. I would venture to say that the deep south (provinces Patani etc) is the most dangerous place to live in Thailand, wouldn't you agree? :D

but then if the reputation keeps people away, then so be it, I love my peaceful piece of Heaven right here. :DOops, meant to say, ThaSaLa is a bad bad place stay away :o

Our land in Kanom is not on the rocky area, it's quite nice.

Remember that you must factor in the cost of putting in water, electricity and road access in quoted prices. Good location and utilities make for pricier land, and getting pricier by the day.

Edited by gisele

Obviously I don't share your opinion about ThaSaLa since I live here, love it, wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Everybody I know, my family, friends and their family, and colleagues and their family, are alive, nobody killed, wacked or attacked. I would venture to say that the deep south (provinces Patani etc) is the most dangerous place to live in Thailand, wouldn't you agree? :D

but then if the reputation keeps people away, then so be it, I love my peaceful piece of Heaven right here. :DOops, meant to say, ThaSaLa is a bad bad place stay away :o

Our land in Kanom is not on the rocky area, it's quite nice.

Remember that you must factor in the cost of putting in water, electricity and road access in quoted prices. Good location and utilities make for pricier land, and getting pricier by the day.

Well I am glad that you appreciate your area, because I sure don't. I use to lecture at Walilak University and I know that area quite well. Where exactly are you near, a temple? How long have you stayed in that area, and besides I don't mean to say that EVERYONE in a certain area is corrupt, but I know that Nakhon and Tha Sala are the most corrupt areas in Thailand, and yes that means more than Pattani, Yala, Nathatiwat, I have just came from Kota Bharu, Malaysia last month and I personally find the people in these provinces more polite and respectful than the people of Tha Sala and Nakhon. Oh Have you ever read any Thai newspaper or watched any news about this area.... about road accidents, because these areas have the highest fatality statistics in the entire country of Thailand per person, I would at least see one accident per day, and the people wouldn't help the injured as they would in let's say Hat Yai. Instead they would dance around their bleeding corpse smiling. A friend of mine who works for the UN in Bangkok agrees, when I phoned him last year he was doing a seafood inspection at a shrimp processing plant in this district. He said he absolutly dispised the rude and disrespectful people of the area. People in these areas seem to have a lower value on life than all other areas I have visited in Thailand, and I have been everywhere. Landman.

Ok well i didnt really see ne thing on Trang there but i can say that i have lived here three years and we dont have the problems you are talking about.

But ne way talking about land as the subject is, to my surprise i was offered 30 rai of Rubber tree land at the weekend at 80,000 baht a rai, 15 rai of the thirty is 12 years old and the other 15 rai will be ready to harvest in two years, all the documents are in order so i take back what i said about not seeing land cheaper than 100,000 per rai as i am now rubbing my hands together.

Ok well i didnt really see ne thing on Trang there but i can say that i have lived here three years and we dont have the problems you are talking about.

But ne way talking about land as the subject is, to my surprise i was offered 30 rai of Rubber tree land at the weekend at 80,000 baht a rai, 15 rai of the thirty is 12 years old and the other 15 rai will be ready to harvest in two years, all the documents are in order so i take back what i said about not seeing land cheaper than 100,000 per rai as i am now rubbing my hands together.

Hey mike, glad to finally get to respond, I went down to the Pilian area last summer around the provincial border to Satun Province. I found that there were some parcels of land behind the mountain range that borders the coastal highway. My landlord works for Thailand's water works department and travels extensively. Sometimes he gets bored and I go along with him for the weekend. As we were driving down to examine some of the coastal canals draining into the Andaman, he noted that Trang has cheap land, but he didn't specifiy exactly where. I suppose it is south of Trang, which has gotten a lot bigger than 3 years since I went there last. Where's the small train depot town I once knew, it has gotten bigger. From the east coming into Trang from Phattalung, I noticed some new rubber processing plants and fertilizer agriculture type stores up and running. If you are out cruising the forest, I suggest looking into some of these shops to perhaps find some land you're looking for at the right price. Where I am located I can five year old rubber trees on 40 rais for less than 20,000 per rai, beautiful land, clean, maintained and guarded.

I went out on Saturday and inspected 40 rai of two year old palm, for about the same price, beautiful land, sloped, maintained 800 trees, with electric and a solid dirt road. But it is countryland, and about an hour from Chumpon. But it is definitly worth the cash. I would like you to check out a website that I found before I went to Pilian that is still fresh in my mind: 2Bangkok.com/quakesmore.shtml click on "Wealthy grab disputed land" and let me know what you think, because it concerns the good people of your area. I believe that area has very friendly people. Landman.

I would like you to check out a website that I found before I went to Pilian that is still fresh in my mind: 2Bangkok.com/quakesmore.shtml click on "Wealthy grab disputed land" and let me know what you think, because it concerns the good people of your area. I believe that area has very friendly people. Landman.

Em!! this area is Phangna and not Trang so i think your bearings are a little messed up, im not sure if you have been to Trang but we are about 4 hours away from Phangna, which is nearer to Phuket not Trang.

Trang is a very peaceful place in my experiences, but you will always get the crazy thais doing what they want to themselves, but as a westerner who has been living here (in trang) three years i have never seen or heard of these goings on which you are refering to, i invite you to come and see what you are missing, Trang is proudly "mafia free" and is the best place i have ever visited in Thailand.

As you should know Trang is massive for rubber, there are processing plants everywhere.

Of course i have experienced some cheaper land around Trang but not with good access water electricity which are major factors to consider when buying also if the land is on the main road of in the hills, and is chanot (spelling) :o

So do come and treat yourself and maybe a bargin for yourself.

Mike

Edited by Moonhunteruk

I would like you to check out a website that I found before I went to Pilian that is still fresh in my mind: 2Bangkok.com/quakesmore.shtml click on "Wealthy grab disputed land" and let me know what you think, because it concerns the good people of your area. I believe that area has very friendly people. Landman.

Em!! this area is Phangna and not Trang so i think your bearings are a little messed up, im not sure if you have been to Trang but we are about 4 hours away from Phangna, which is nearer to Phuket not Trang.

Trang is a very peaceful place in my experiences, but you will always get the crazy thais doing what they want to themselves, but as a westerner who has been living here (in trang) three years i have never seen or heard of these goings on which you are refering to, i invite you to come and see what you are missing, Trang is proudly "mafia free" and is the best place i have ever visited in Thailand.

As you should know Trang is massive for rubber, there are processing plants everywhere.

Of course i have experienced some cheaper land around Trang but not with good access water electricity which are major factors to consider when buying also if the land is on the main road of in the hills, and is chanot (spelling) :o

Mike

Just a short feedback> yeah I've been there but it hasn't been for about three years, but as I wrote above I went there last summer, passed through. Who said anything about "Mafia" at least I didn't.

The area I was referring to, because you obviously don't even know your own area was the Southern part of Trang's province "on the border with Satun". This area is very swampy and wet in the rainyseason. Yes I do know where Phang-Nga is, and I have been there too, the area I was pointing out was near Thung Wa, where the Sea Gypsies live and who some foreigners, NOT "Crazy" Thais, were pushing off squatters. they have been on their land for longer than 10 years therefore forgoing any illegal succession upon land access or livability. I asked you a question, "What do you think" obviously you don't know. And yes Trang is famous for it's Mafia as well. At least the Love Boat was built on corrupt money, once a Prime Minister of Thailand, for about two months....Landman.

Mike

Just a short feedback> yeah I've been there but it hasn't been for about three years, but as I wrote above I went there last summer, passed through. Who said anything about "Mafia" at least I didn't.

The area I was referring to, because you obviously don't even know your own area was the Southern part of Trang's province "on the border with Satun". This area is very swampy and wet in the rainyseason. Yes I do know where Phang-Nga is, and I have been there too, the area I was pointing out was near Thung Wa, where the Sea Gypsies live and who some foreigners, NOT "Crazy" Thais, were pushing off squatters. they have been on their land for longer than 10 years therefore forgoing any illegal succession upon land access or livability. I asked you a question, "What do you think" obviously you don't know. And yes Trang is famous for it's Mafia as well. At least the Love Boat was built on corrupt money, once a Prime Minister of Thailand, for about two months....Landman.

[/quote

Hello, has anyone had a chance to look at the website I produced yesterday, anyone from Trang? Satun? I think there are at least two links to the site with the same kind of idea, that after the Tsunami struck, rich foreigners particulary Asians, at least not Thais, were pushing people off ocean front property. Does anyone have any local info they would like to share? Oh 'Mike' you've been in Trang for 3 years. Are you teaching? Adios Amigoes, Landman.

Hello, has anyone had a chance to look at the website I produced yesterday, anyone from Trang? Satun? I think there are at least two links to the site with the same kind of idea, that after the Tsunami struck, rich foreigners particulary Asians, at least not Thais, were pushing people off ocean front property. Does anyone have any local info they would like to share? Oh 'Mike' you've been in Trang for 3 years. Are you teaching? Adios Amigoes, Landman.

Not heard nething about this but i teach a Lawyer who is a Land lawyer so i will ask him if he know nething about this, he covers the whole of the South so i am sure he must know something.

Landman yes i am teaching here in Trang and have been for the last 2 1/2 years, last week at school this week then a nice 3 month holiday, so i will be doing so extensive travelling around Trang and neighbouring provinces trying to find a few bargins.

Will let you know if i hear nething about these forigners .

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

My name is Barbara and I live in Alberta, Canada. I am interested in buying some land in Thailand, with or without a house. I would like info on land for sale in Chumpon.....or anywhere in Thailand. Does anyone know of land for sale on or near the beach of Kgo Phithak Amphure Sawi?

Thanks

B