Pilates In Cm

elenavp

Oh I know now..... Pilates of the Changibean... great movie....

I think you are referring to Pilates like in Tu Tu's.....[not short for Tuk Tuk gang] if I am not making a big mistake and not for sure if they are there any longer , there is a ballet school on the east side of Charoenrat Road [thats the street running north and south along the east bank of the river] about half way between the Rama IX Bridge and the Super Hwy.

If you go north from the Rama IX Bridge intersection, in about 300 -400 metres you will see the Chinese Christian Church on your right. Immediately past this you will see an entrance to a , what looks like an old Roman style design mooban, turn in there and go to the end of the 1st block and turn left. It was/is a couple buildings on your right hand side. At least , to the best of my knowledge. Check there, if not what you want, maybe they can redirect you.

Not sure as I don't dance too much any more as my plates are broken now, and the remaining are used for chicken fried steak.

Seriously

Good Luck

G

PS Welcome to the forum

Edited by Gonzo the Face

You could try the yoga tree http://www.theyogatree.org/class-schedules.html

they dont have pilates perse but they do seem to have every type of yoga/meditation technique from around the world.

If pilates is a "variation on a theme" of yoga, maybe the instructors down there are able to teach it.

you can find this place on Arak road, almost at the corner near the park.

California Wow at airport plaza has it. Be aware that CWOW's financial situation is quite uncertain at the moment, so would recommend you pay as you go. No more than a month in advance for membership, and per hour for pilates. At CWOW Pilates appears to be a personal trainer thing, rather than a class thing.

Edited by Awk

... there is a ballet school on the east side of Charoenrat Road [thats the street running north and south along the east bank of the river] about half way between the Rama IX Bridge and the Super Hwy.

If you go north from the Rama IX Bridge intersection, in about 300 -400 metres you will see the Chinese Christian Church on your right. Immediately past this you will see an entrance to a , what looks like an old Roman style design mooban, turn in there

Hi,

I actually teach Pilates for that ballet scool here in Chiangmai. Have been doing so for 5 years.

It is the called The Chiangmai Ballet Acadamy, by the way. Mom Luang Preeyapun is the director, and yes they certainly are still there! They are actually quite well known. Her dancers often do very well at international dance competitions. Very professional school.

If anyone is interested in Pilates, they may PM me, or reach me through the Ballet.

I have been a Pilates teacher for 12 years. I also have all the equipment here...

Cheers, Mark

ps - I'll be back in CM Oct 20

• 4 weeks later...

FYI - there will be adult Pilates classes starting in the next week or so at Chiangmai Ballet

CHIANGMAI BALLET ACADEMY

address : is at 362/30 U-Sa-Fa-Haam Compound, Charoenraj Road, T. Wat Gate, A. Muang, Chiang Mai.

Telephone 66 5326 0373, 66 5330 6357, 66 5330 6358 and fax 66 5330 6357.

Leave a name and number with them, and I will get back to you really soon (I am back in CM in 2 days).

Depending how many people register, I will try to keep the price at 200bt.

Like I said, leave your name and number at the Ballet, and I will contact you really quickly!

Cheers, Makr

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like next week (Nov 5) we will start a Monday evening 6:30pm adult Pilates class at the Chiangmai Ballet.

Please contact Khun Meng at the Ballet, or PM me...

Cheers, Mark

Edited by wjmark

Mark

are the pilates classes on a drop in basis or a block course?

I have to confirm with the Ballet, but i am pretty sure it will be a 6-week block, Monday evenings at 6:30.

We may be starting this Monday, so PM me your phone numbers, or get in touch with the Ballet.

Cheers, Mark