Australian Passport Question.

Its about the first page of an Australian passport. Aus Gov websites tell us that the Aus Passport is 32 pages , but page 1 is not numbered like the other pages, it looks like the other pages just no numbering . The numbering starts at Page 2 giving 31 numbered pages . When i went on my first trip the first stamps went onto page 5 and then subsequent trips went backwards and basically they went all over the place. But the first page is still empty . I just rang Australian passport office, and the guy said it was an immigration or foreign affairs issue and passed me on. But i have been on hold for ages. So has anyone had that first page stamped or does anyone know if it can be used ? My passport is nearly full and i would like to get one more trip on it if possiible.

My (aussie) passport starts with a blank page, overleaf is the main page, then THREE blank pages, before page 2. I have stamps on the un-numbered page, before page 2. If you didn't get two extra pages like this, you wus ripped off! She'll be right mate, AA

• Like 1

My (aussie) passport starts with a blank page, overleaf is the main page, then THREE blank pages, before page 2. I have stamps on the un-numbered page, before page 2. If you didn't get two extra pages like this, you wus ripped off! She'll be right mate, AA

Yep , thats how it looks , two blank pages , the second marked as " observations " then the first page , which everyone has stayed clear of . So it looks like that page is not " off limits ", so i'll get one more trip out of this old passport yet..... Thanks guys.

And Canadian Pasports after photo and legalese start at page 5, marked Observations, (no stamps so far there), not used for entry and exit stamps, and then pages 6 and on are good for stamps.

Having extension of stay transferred from old passport to new, with re-entry permit 4 pages used.

Edited by Colabamumbai
  • Like 1

Spot-on, ripstanley. I wonder if kiwis of that era also got that no-go?

There was an aussie journo, Wilfred Burchett, running round in NVietnam at the time,

stirring up trouble for the Holt, and successive, governments...

reckon my first passport would go for a few on ebay. AA