Cost To Drill A Well Anybody ?

Samui Deep Well do what their name suggests. They dig DEEP wells and are quite expensive. Some years ago - approx 200,000 baht for 175 metres. They do guarantee water.

It will depend on how high you are above sea level.

Have you tried water divining to see if you have water on your property? (Seriously - it works.) I have done this for a couple of friends. The well company will do it anyway. The amount that your rods move (bits of bent wire in my case) shows either depth or volume of water.

Samui Deep Well are based on the old Monkey Theatre Road near Bophut market. I will look out a number for you if you need it.

Have you tried water divining to see if you have water on your property? (Seriously - it works.)

lol

Don't laugh, I've had 2 wells dug & this is how they did it.

It does work indeed and I did not really believe it until I tried it out myself.

Edited by Samui Coconut

Don't care what you say wink.png seen them at work.

Can't believe that, as a mod, you are supporting scammers on the island.

Water divining is a scam. James Randi offered has long offered a $1 million prize to anyone who can prove any paranormal ability, Water Divining included. The prize has been on offer for over 15 years without anybody successfully claiming it.

I'm sure your Thai water diviners would be interested in 30 million baht, why not encourage them to take the challenge?

It's a scam, and if you believe it, you're an idiot.

Water divining is a scam. James Randi offered has long offered a $1 million prize to anyone who can prove any paranormal ability, Water Divining included. The prize has been on offer for over 15 years without anybody successfully claiming it.

I'm sure your Thai water diviners would be interested in 30 million baht, why not encourage them to take the challenge?

i think before you start calling Rooo an Idiot, have a look in to it first !!!!

http://www.groundwateruk.org/Does_divining_work.aspx

However it is not possible to completely discard the subject of water divining. Some people seem to be able to locate buried pipes with the aid of rods or twigs. One theory for this is that the muscles in the body react to some electromagnetic effect caused by the presence of the metal or the water flowing through the pipe; the rods then amplify this effect so that the searcher becomes aware of them. Another theory is that some diviners know from their experience and local knowledge where groundwater is likely to be located and subconsciously cause the reaction.

Thank you for calling me an idiot.You will find the rest of my communication via PM.

Thank you for calling me an idiot.You will find the rest of my communication via PM.

What happened to a good old public flogging rooo ...

• Like 1

Now I see you for what you are. Unfortunately I cannot write it here. You are writing inflammatory garbage and try to back it up now and again with some oblique comment. (None of us are saying that water divining is paranormal! - Your choice of words - not ours.)

I have seen a number of wells dug here, and every one has been successfully dug using divining (about 12 at the last count).

I have walked over at least 5 plots and found the same water sources - without being told where there are.

So - have you tried and failed (normal in your lifetime I suppose) or are you too scared to try?

You seem to be quick to shoot anyone down, but do you really have any experience of life? Or is it all from Readers Digest?

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

Are they still digging for deep wells ? I heard they have stopped due to the digging is effecting the water table ?

I heard the rumout too Boater - but is that really likely to happen here? Deep Water Wells are also supposed to be licenced, but I know of a few that are not!

SDW are still quoting to dig them.

Calling somebody an idiot is usually not a sign of intelligence.

The other option not mentioned here is a water capture system. I have guttering around all my roofs and they lead down to two separate water tanks. a smaller one that is at a height and a larger one below the house. In total around 220,000 litres of water. I very rarely have to truck in water as a good rain shower fills the tanks up pretty quickly.

The other option not mentioned here is a water capture system. I have guttering around all my roofs and they lead down to two separate water tanks. a smaller one that is at a height and a larger one below the house. In total around 220,000 litres of water. I very rarely have to truck in water as a good rain shower fills the tanks up pretty quickly.

220,000 litres tanks? I carry around 50,000 & I have big tanks.

you obviously hadn;t read what he said properly he was tlaking about the rods for finding water as far as i know using metal rods to find water for yourself is not a scam ????

220,000 litres tanks? I carry around 50,000 & I have big tanks.

Those trousers must be snug? whistling.gif

Is there anyway to determine the chances of getting clean water. mine is a night mare spending large amounts on water filters just wish i had clean water to begin with

Sorry Big C. The divining that I have used or seen only tells me where the water is - not how good it is.

Water quality on the island varies a lot. Where we are we get a lot of iron and aluminium in it. Everything turns brown, and I forgot what I was going to say. (Apparently aluminium causes loss of memory???)

• Like 1

you obviously hadn;t read what he said properly he was tlaking about the rods for finding water as far as i know using metal rods to find water for yourself is not a scam ????

Thank you for this.Again where did the scamming etc..... raise it's head in this topic.

It was all about the cost of a well. I think Trop & myself said that this is the method the contractors use to determine where to drill

( the ones I used anyway ). What we said was an observation of their own methods, nothing sold to me as an extra service.

Effective or not effective that is up to them , they guarantee water supply. So how do I / we support a scam? I pay Samui Deep Well to give me a working well & that's it.

Now back on topic, did you get the prices Starcandle?

Edited by Rooo
  • Like 1