Tourist Visa Australia, For Thai Girl Friend

I am going to apply for a tourist visa for my Thai g/f, i have read a fair bit about it on these forums, which has been really helpful.

What i wanted to ask was, that my g/f has a job with Krung Sri bank.

When she asked them for the letter to say she has a job to return to, they refused, as she has a uni degree she will not have any trouble getting a job when she comes back from oz( if she gets a visa). And i will be going to oz and coming back with her, as i spend 9 months every year here with her.

Do you think this will go against her.

Also she has to show a copy of her house registration, this is in Thai, does it have to be translated to English.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If your girlfriend indicates in her application that she has a job but that her employers would not provide a letter saying they would keep her job open for her, then I doubt if it would go in her favour, that would have been one of her main reasons to return.

How long does she plan on visiting Australia for, and how long has she been at the bank?

I suspect the Officer considering the application would be aware that even though your girlfriend has a degree, that's no guarantee that she would walk straight into a job on her return.

I don't know the answer to your translation question, but I believe such documents don't need translating.

If your girlfriend indicates in her application that she has a job but that her employers would not provide a letter saying they would keep her job open for her, then I doubt if it would go in her favour, that would have been one of her main reasons to return.

How long does she plan on visiting Australia for, and how long has she been at the bank?

I suspect the Officer considering the application would be aware that even though your girlfriend has a degree, that's no guarantee that she would walk straight into a job on her return.

I don't know the answer to your translation question, but I believe such documents don't need translating.

Thanks mate for your answer.

We planned for 3 months, she has worked at the bank for 1 year.

Regards.

I took g/f to Australia for a holiday and the goverment wanted to see her bank account with a history of banking , her work history and her property . She got a 12 month re-entry visa. It took about 7 days .

ThanksTommy.

what did she show to prove work history, my g/f has always had a job.

she does not own any property though

did your g/f show a letter from her boss to say she has a job to come back to.

many thanks.

all she done was show her bank account with her wages going in each month , and no she did not show a letter to say she was coming back to the job. I think on the day it all depends on who you see. One word of advice make sure she has money in her bank account. We went about 8 months ago .. cheers

tom

all she done was show her bank account with her wages going in each month , and no she did not show a letter to say she was coming back to the job. I think on the day it all depends on who you see. One word of advice make sure she has money in her bank account. We went about 8 months ago .. cheers

tom

My experiences are different to Toms above.

If you have lodged the application with the VFS service, rather then at the Embassy, their role is more like administration staff then decision makers ... so presumably matter little who 'meets and greets you'

As for money in the Bank, you, as the sponsor for the Thai visitor have indicated and have shown capacity to fund the visit, then it matters little what the intending visitor has in the Bank Account.

What has been indicated many times in successful tourist Visa applications is a compelling reason to return back to Thailand within the Visa conditions.

The OP wrote ...

When she asked them for the letter to say she has a job to return to, they refused,

Most likely the reason that they refused a letter guaranteeing a job on return from her holidays is that typically Salaried/Professional workers usually get only one weeks holiday, so a letter saying that after 3 months her job would remain open for her might be viewed with suspicion.

There is, of course, and exception to every rule ... biggrin.png

Wish you and your Lady the best of luck with the application.

Recently I wrangled a touch over two weeks holiday by asking that her 'weeks' holiday got added to the typicial Songkran Holiday period and asked for a little more time ... which was granted, but then the Boss declined to pay her for (any of) the holiday ... ermm.gif

Edited by David48

My wife does not work, I support her financially 100%, has no property or bank funds.

She applied in July for a "Tourist Visa", visa granted, one year/multi entry/3 month per visit. First visit to Oz.

We have visited the UK several times and travelled around Asia.

My hyperthetical question is, why go through all the business of proving employment, bank info etc. Why not just say you support her.

I do realize you may not have the finances to use this option. If you do have the funds why not make it simpler.

tom

Thanks Tom.

it appears that everyone has a different experience which really makes it confusing, i have read that it is important to get the letter from employer stating she has a job to return to.

But they will not give her a letter because she will go for 3 months, her holidays are only 12 days per year.

Thanks for your help. regards.

My wife does not work, I support her financially 100%, has no property or bank funds.

She applied in July for a "Tourist Visa", visa granted, one year/multi entry/3 month per visit. First visit to Oz.

My hyperthetical question is, why go through all the business of proving employment, bank info etc. Why not just say you support her.

I do realize you may not have the finances to use this option. If you do have the funds why not make it simpler.

Sorry MEANING.

Thanks Ubon Oz.

Just to clarify.

I do have the funds, but i read on the vfs website that they want a letter from her employer that she has a job to return to and want to see her bank accounts.

It seems everyone has a different experience when they lodge a visa application.

Which makes it very confusing.

I always thought that only Thai immigration laws are confusing but it seems the Oz one is too.

Anyhow thanks for your time.

Much appreciated.

Regards.

tom

Thanks Tom.

it appears that everyone has a different experience which really makes it confusing, i have read that it is important to get the letter from employer stating she has a job to return to.

But they will not give her a letter because she will go for 3 months, her holidays are only 12 days per year.

Thanks for your help. regards.

Sorry Tom, o forgot to ask how much money does she have to show.

Because i read other posts where it says no money needed in her bank account if i support her trip.

My point is, if my wife can get a visa with absolutely nothing, why can't somebody who is employed has a bank account with funds and in a stable relationship get one.

Why give them anything at all, just say you fully support her.

It is all rather confusing unfortunately.

Sorry MEANING.

Sorry forget this post.

Meant for another one, that said a mans penis and brain do not work together.

The OP wrote ...

When she asked them for the letter to say she has a job to return to, they refused,

Most likely the reason that they refused a letter guaranteeing a job on return from her holidays is that typically Salaried/Professional workers usually get only one weeks holiday, so a letter saying that after 3 months her job would remain open for her might be viewed with suspicion.

There is, of course, and exception to every rule ... biggrin.png

Wish you and your Lady the best of luck with the application.

Recently I wrangled a touch over two weeks holiday by asking that her 'weeks' holiday got added to the typicial Songkran Holiday period and asked for a little more time ... which was granted, but then the Boss declined to pay her for (any of) the holiday ... ermm.gif

Thanks David.

But not sure what you mean by 3 months would be suspicious, as the visa is for 3 months, so naturally she would be away from her job for 3 months.

Regards.

My point is, if my wife can get a visa with absolutely nothing, why can't somebody who is employed has a bank account with funds and in a stable relationship get one.

Thanks again Ubon Oz.

Yes i agree, should be easy when she has a job, and i support her.

Anyhow will put it in and see what happens.

If the visa is refused do you know if we can appeal it.

Many thanks for your input.

Regards.

Thanks again Ubon Oz.

Regards.

Don't think you can appeal, not sure.

Maybe if you go for a lesser amount of time would help your case.

Once you have you been they will see you have complied, hence, making it easier next time you apply.

Good luck.

Thanks again Ubon Oz.

Regards.

Don't think you can appeal, not sure.

Maybe if you go for a lesser amount of time would help your case.

Once you have you been they will see you have complied, hence, making it easier next time you apply.

Good luck.

Thanks mate for your help and good wishes.

Regards.

Hi bridge2bridge

Probably the #1 determining factor re the issue/nonissue of a tourist visa is substantial evidence that the applicant shall return to Thailand. A letter confirming continued employment goes a long way towards providing that.

Obviously many visas are issued without such a letter -- as the applicants are not employed. This situation just places greater emphasis on providing alternative "substantial evidence."

Recently a friend was supporting a Tourist visa application in which the applicant (who had worked for a clothing manufacturer for 8+ years) was refused such a letter from the company on policy. This was explained to DIMA in the supporting letter he provided - along with advice she had received from a superior in the company that she would be reemployed upon return.

The application was successful.

Bridge to bridge i think that if you supply with her application a strong letter of support, stateing how long you have been in a relationship with her, with evidence supporting that in her application it will be looked upon favorably, one of the main thing's you will have to prove is that u have the fund's to support her whilst she is in oz,(your bank statements)

You can write a stat dec stateing that you will be supporting her 100% and that she will abiding by all the visa regulation's and returning to Thailand before the expiry of her visa.

I would be very careful about topping up her bank account as they will see this has been done just for the visa, she does not need any fund in her bank account if you are supporting her. they just want to see it for some reason.

goodluck

nightwatch

Edit ; you do not need to get the house book translated for a visitor visa

Edited by nightwatch

Hi bridge2bridge

Probably the #1 determining factor re the issue/nonissue of a tourist visa is substantial evidence that the applicant shall return to Thailand. A letter confirming continued employment goes a long way towards providing that.

Obviously many visas are issued without such a letter -- as the applicants are not employed. This situation just places greater emphasis on providing alternative "substantial evidence."

Recently a friend was supporting a Tourist visa application in which the applicant (who had worked for a clothing manufacturer for 8+ years) was refused such a letter from the company on policy. This was explained to DIMA in the supporting letter he provided - along with advice she had received from a superior in the company that she would be reemployed upon return.

The application was successful.

Hi Tig.

Thanks for your help.

Will try that idea too.

Regards.

Bridge to bridge i think that if you supply with her application a strong letter of support, stateing how long you have been in a relationship with her, with evidence supporting that in her application it will be looked upon favorably, one of the main thing's you will have to prove is that u have the fund's to support her whilst she is in oz,(your bank statements)

You can write a stat dec stateing that you will be supporting her 100% and that she will abiding by all the visa regulation's and returning to Thailand before the expiry of her visa.

I would be very careful about topping up her bank account as they will see this has been done just for the visa, she does not need any fund in her bank account if you are supporting her. they just want to see it for some reason.

goodluck

nightwatch

Edit ; you do not need to get the house book translated for a visitor visa

Hi Nightwatch.

Thankyou too, for your time in helping me.

Very much appreciated.

And thankyou to ALL on this forum for your help.

Regards to ALL.

To the OP, some great replies above, everyone tries to help you.

If you have not read this already Australia Tourist Visa Application (clickable link) ... there might be some good information in there for you.

My Thai gf applied for, and got a an Australia Tourist Visa recently and the process was documented in that post.

Hi David.

Yes i have been taken back with the huge response to my post.

To you and all that have helped me i thankyou so much.

Regards to ALL>