Any Problems Using Skype?

Vatman

Has anyone else experienced problems using Skype for video calls to UK?

Visual & audio from UK usually okay but audio sometimes & visual very rarely sent from my end in Thailand.

Could it be my upload speed? Just measured as Upload 0.53Mbps. Download 2.98Mbps.

Or is Skype a waste of time here?

I not like the newer version of Skype. I down loaded the old version and it work better for me

I not like the newer version of Skype.

Yepp, seems the new version is somehow crappy.

It worked much better with the older versions. (THA <-> GER)

But it may be an additional bandwidth/throtteling problem in THA too....bah.gif

Am having huge problems with Skype even with calls just to Malaysia.

Which versions are you guys using and are the problems only recent or since you installed that version?

I have had odd problems but nothing new other than it now takes three times as long to connect when booting up than it used to.

I hav been getting a bit of an echo over the last couple of days after Skype forced its own upgrade.

Dont like the forced upgrade thing one bit.

next time only click on "disable automatic updates" wink.png

check http://portableapps.com/ there have a good portable Skype and many other tools and toys free 100% recommended thumbsup.gif

so you can use the portable version while a new version fix the problems. sure you can uninstall and download an old release from skype, but you must ask in the skype community.

Edited by ITGabs

Has anyone else experienced problems using Skype for video calls to UK?

Visual & audio from UK usually okay but audio sometimes & visual very rarely sent from my end in Thailand.

Could it be my upload speed? Just measured as Upload 0.53Mbps. Download 2.98Mbps.

Or is Skype a waste of time here?

Microsoft bought Skype a few years ago and was forced by the US government to allow a program to be installed on all users computers, tablets and phones so that they can monitor all private communications. That is why the latest update is forced! Beware of Big Brother and be careful what you say and show with your web cam! This may explain why this new version is running slower.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App