Nation Newspaper Now Has Automatic-Load Audio Adverts

maidu

When you go to their first page, you get a loud man's voice trying to sell you a BMW. It loads automatically and there's no way to turn it off. You, the person coming in to the site, must listen to the whole ad unless you leave the site or turn off/turn down the volume on your audio.

To me, it's low class, bordering on an assault on my hearing. Let's hope Nation quits that bad trend immediately. If a viewer wants to hear a salesman pitch on something, that person can click an ad. It's no good to have the advert forced upon everyone who visits the site. I won't be visiting as often, fersure.

Never read the Nation either. To be honest this is probaly doing everyone -and common sense itself- a big favor.

EDIT: Just for giggles I just visited and did not get any audio ad. Seems I'm doing something right on my computer to remain shielded from all kinds of ad BS. What could it be.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

my issue with the Nation as of late, (and im sure others feel this way) is the poor quality of the writing. The sheer number of basic English and grammar mistakes in so many news pieces makes me wonder about the editing or lack thereof at the paper. Often times the headlines and sub-headlines need to be re read just to figure out what they are trying to say.