Don Mueang Airport Fully Operational Oct 1

webfact

Don Mueang Airport fully operational Oct 1

image_20120920111000E1DE370F-D7A0-2452-A346B0B8E3229816.jpg

BANGKOK, Sept 19 – Thai Transport Minister Jarupong Ruangsuwan has announced that Don Mueang Airport will officially be fully operational for budget airlines October 1.

He said Airports of Thailand (AoT) and the Aeronautical Radio of Thailand (ART) have given assurances that their operational systems and personnel are completely ready for full-fledged business, accommodating 60 flights per hour or an average of 250 flights per day.

Don Mueang will take at least 12 million passengers per year, he added.

Thai AirAsia, the biggest low-cost airline in Thaland, will move its equipment to Don Mueang on Sept 30 midnight after its last flight takes off from Suvarnabhumi Airport.

AoT president Anirut Thanomkulabutra said facilities at Don Mueang Airport including general and duty free shops will be fully operational on October 1.

In addition to Thai AirAsia, Don Mueang Airport serves Nok Air, Orient Thai and chartered flights, he said, adding that Don Mueang will become another connecting hub for the region. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-09-20

• Like 1

I can't believe that Orient Thai is still flying...

Who is important enough to run an airline that kills people without any trouble...

They have an asset retirement plan - no maintenance, buy the oldest possible (just) flying plane, let it crash, claim the insurance (act of God) and buy three more for the insured price in equally bad condition. Build enough of a fleet (just flying) and some fool will make them an offer they can't refuse or they will go public, and shift the debt to the shareholders - T.i.T. -

This from Wiki...

Orient Thai Airlines and its now now-defunct wholly owned domestic carrier One-Two-GO Airlines are the only Thai airlines to bear a Royal Seal, made possible due to Udom’s close relationship with the King of Thailand based on Udom’s history of breaking traditional commercial barriers for Thailand.

On September 2004, an Orient Thai 747 flew within 200 meters of Japan's Tokyo Tower over the heart of downtown Tokyo.

On July 22, 2008, shortly after the crash in Phuket which killed 89 people, and after the internet publication of illegally excessive work hours and check fraud Orient Thai and its subsidiaries were ordered to suspend service for 56 days due to failure to train, failure to have a safety program and failure to supervise safe flight, check ride fraud and breaking the law at Orient Thai and One-Two-GO.

On 22 September 2010, Orient Thai took delivery of its first Boeing 747-400 aircraft which was previously registered as N548MD and arrived at the Orient Thai hub as HS-STC.

60 flights an hour makes no sense. That would literally be 100% capacity on both runways assuming a two minute gap between planes to avoid planes flying through the previous plane's jetwash.

But the whole point of moving to Suvarnabhumi from Don Muang in the first place is that the runways were too close together to be treated as completely independent runways for air traffic. Add in that planes landing on the second runway have to get clearance to taxi across the first runway to get to the terminal and you could never run 60 planes an hour safely.

• Like 1

60 flights an hour makes no sense. That would literally be 100% capacity on both runways assuming a two minute gap between planes to avoid planes flying through the previous plane's jetwash.

But the whole point of moving to Suvarnabhumi from Don Muang in the first place is that the runways were too close together to be treated as completely independent runways for air traffic. Add in that planes landing on the second runway have to get clearance to taxi across the first runway to get to the terminal and you could never run 60 planes an hour safely.

Well they did it before Suvarnabhumi was open.

Edited by ost22

How about services to and from Pattaya. With Swampy, we have several official service bus routes between the places.

I use Cebu and Seair. If they move, it will make the airport run twice the time, and only by Taxi at present.

A friend uses Nok Air to go up country..

How about services to and from Pattaya. With Swampy, we have several official service bus routes between the places.

I use Cebu and Seair. If they move, it will make the airport run twice the time, and only by Taxi at present.

A friend uses Nok Air to go up country..

Where Swampy has a few bus companies running to Pattaya durring the day. My guessit will be taxi to the bus station and hope for a soon to travel bus (forget about weekends or holidays) Or taxi, or Independant driver. I use a Independant driving service that gets me to my condo in just aobut 2 hours, speaks better English than I do, is safe, sane, non drinking, non smoking. they charge me 1000 Baht all inclusive with never a surprise