Moving Long Term To Bangkok

FINEEGG

Hello All,

I'm moving in mid october to Bangkok for the long term and would much appreciate your help! I will be signing a 1 year lease on a condo rental. However, on arrival i'm looking to stay somewhere for 2 weeks-1 month while I do my research and find the best possible area/rates for my long term contract. I'm a single person looking for a studio/1 bedroom condo and my budget is 12-15000 TBaht per month.

1) For the short term I've narrowed it down to NONSI residence http://www.nonsiresidence.com/ for 1 month, rental is 12,900 Baht (43sq m 1 bedroom). 2 month rent as security deposit. Location is Sala Deang BTS. Any inputs on other options that members are familiar with in a similar price range and/or comments on Nonsi residence would be much appreciated.

2) For my 1 year Lease I'd be very grateful if members can suggest condo buildings they have experienced favourably. Again budget for a studio/1 bedroom condo is 12-15000 TBaht a month.

AREA: ideally within SOI 4-20 along Sukhumvit road, or approx 10 minutes BTS ride to SOI 4-20. Any other area suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you very much for any inputs!

Hi Fineegg, I am equally interested in answers to your inquiry #2. As to #1, location is not close to BTS Sala Daeng, according to the website's map. I would guess it is anywhere between a 20-30 minute walk to get there. The Khlong Toei subway station (MRT) is much closer, maybe a 10-15 minute walk?

Hi Fineegg, I am equally interested in answers to your inquiry #2. As to #1, location is not close to BTS Sala Daeng, according to the website's map. I would guess it is anywhere between a 20-30 minute walk to get there. The Khlong Toei subway station (MRT) is much closer, maybe a 10-15 minute walk?

Hello Manhattan55,I'm glad and hope we get more replies to query number 2 in addition to Thaigold's helpful response. Actually for Nonsi residence the website under the location link says immediate access to the Sala Deang BTS. On review websites I researched, residents have stated that it's about 7-8 minutes to the Sala Deang BTS on a brisk walk. However, point to note is that there are not too many restaurants around the building. This is one of the options I've narrowed down (still looking) to stay for a month which gives me enough time to sign my ideal 1 year lease.How about yourself.. are you currently in Bangkok or planning to move soon? I get in around 20th October.. cheers.

Hello Manhattan55,I'm glad and hope we get more replies to query number 2 in addition to Thaigold's helpful response. Actually for Nonsi residence the website under the location link says immediate access to the Sala Deang BTS. On review websites I researched, residents have stated that it's about 7-8 minutes to the Sala Deang BTS on a brisk walk. However, point to note is that there are not too many restaurants around the building. This is one of the options I've narrowed down (still looking) to stay for a month which gives me enough time to sign my ideal 1 year lease.How about yourself.. are you currently in Bangkok or planning to move soon? I get in around 20th October.. cheers.

manhattan55 on second thoughts after seeing the map as you suggested, I totally agree with you. Easily seems a 20 minute walk. O boy, there goes the one option I had narrowed down, back to the drawing board. This is one of the few places that is offering a 1 month short term lease.

Check this out : http://A.craig...3290961723.html

Are you coming alone. I think this might be good for you for a temporary living since you don't need to buy lots of stuff.

However, you might have to buy stuff after moving into new 1 A-leased place.

Nunzaku thank you. Yes, I'm coming by myself. One point to note though is that I'm not really looking to share. Any further inputs would be much appreciated.

for the short-term stay, look up "Cordia Residence", its a small little serviced apartment, with basic, hotel-like rooms that range from 12-20k and is a 5 minute (maybe 3 minutes) walk to the BTS Chong Nonsi. It is on Sathorn soi 8. FWIW, I have known several people that enjoyed their time at the Nonsi Residence you were thinking about.