฿50 000.- For A Visa?

A friend (yes, a friend, not me) gets just enough to qualify for a marriage extension, cannot however, get the necessary papers from Germany to get his 'affirmation to marry'. So, after a week or two calling up friends to get the money together, he did a run and got a year's extension for ฿50 000.-.

I thought that the going price for this kind of thing was ฿20 000.-? Is his 'wife' who obviously is doing all the negotiations, diddling him?

She does like gambling... but looks after him well otherwise, despite his increasing dementia.

I don't suppose that I can or should do anything about this, but was just wondering...

Not sure what you are asking here as an extension would be done locally but a run would be done to a consulate/embassy outside Thailand. A 1 year multi entry O (marriage) is 5000 baht from Savannakhet with minimal documents (marriage cert and copy wifes ID/Housebook). If you are talking about a 'dodgy' no questions asked one year extension I believe the going rate is 20,000/25,000 baht being offered in Pattaya.

I read and I heard from a friend that they are advertaising to fix everything for a retirement-extension at a cost of 45.000 baht....and that inckludes fixing a Non immigrant O as well as an extension of stay for a year based on retirement.....

So looks Ok to me if you/he wants to do illegal stuff here in Thailand.

Glegolo

OK, point taken, I was wondering if my friend was being taken for a ride. He has been doing visa runs for years now and was told that he can do no more.

Without having full information I guess he has been taken for a ride.

There are a lot of option to do visa runs either with Tourist Visa or with Non Immigrant O Visa.

smells dodgy to me and i would know about that

just passed thru a serious visa issue check my posts

under the counter deals are illigal and will get you deported

sounds expensive anyways

fake visa= big problem

personal opinion if you cant affod it you sjhould not be here,

fake visa, where to and how much should not be discussed here

this site is open and it has a good repiutation, and it is helping a lot of people

no offence to anyone

more of a "been there done that no thanks"

More of a "been there done that no thanks" type of advise

Edited by humblefalang

smells dodgy to me and i would know about that

just passed thru a serious visa issue check my posts

under the counter deals are illigal and will get you deported

sounds expensive anyways

fake visa= big problem

personal opinion if you cant affod it you sjhould not be here,

fake visa, where to and how much should not be discussed here

this site is open and it has a good repiutation, and it is helping a lot of people

no offence to anyone

more of a "been there done that no thanks"

More of a "been there done that no thanks" type of advise

The renewal of a visa is not too much of a problem as in the OP his friend says can qualify for an extension by marriage.

Reading the post again the OP friend requires an affirmation to marry certificate from Germany.

IIRC when I did mine through the UK Embassy in Bangkopk a fair time ago I produced a copy and the original of my decree nisi and decree absolute form the court in the UK, then did the paper work at the embassy.

Perhaps the OP friend requires this paper but I have no idea of the way the German law operates. Perhaps if the OP contacts the German Embassy they can explaing their rules and then go from there.

By the way I assume that your personal opinion is based on whether the OP friend had to borrow money to get a visa NOT on whether or not he can afford to stay in Thailand as that is his business only.

Edited for bad spelling and this is a new keyboard.

Edited by billd766

MR OP, his darling is cooking the books , 20.000 bht in a brown envelope is the going rate .

i should know.

coffee1.gif

Yes I am beginning to think so too.

For some reason the German embassy won't or can't help him, I think he was sleeping on the streets before he took a flight to Thailand, only a passport and some cash that was taken off him, surprise, surprise, by a young girl. Lost all his other papers and is afraid of going back to Germany as he may not be allowed back in.

Never mind, I was right not to loan him any money when he (his wife) asked.

Thanks for the advice. My wife interrogated the lady concerned and as it turns out, it's only her husband that thinks she paid ฿50 000.-, she herself paid ฿35 000 and presumably paid off her gambling debts with the rest. Thank goodness I didn't fall for it.

Edited by cooked