Afl Grand Final (Where To Watch It)

Big JD

Hi guys,

I am from Melbourne Australia and therefore I am crazy for Aussie Rules Footy!!!

The AFL Grand Final is this Saturday starting at 2pm local Thai time. My team "Hawthorne" are in the GF this year so I am particularly excited.

Any way I am fairly new in Thailand and I dont have any Aussie mates here so I was wondering if there are any other footy mad Aussies out there who could tell me the best pub to watch the footy at on Saturday?

I was planning on heading to the Aussie pub on Soi 11 but thought I would put the question out there to make sure that wasn't a better venue that I should be going to.

Thanks heaps for any advice and GO HAWKS!!!

Cheers,

JD

Also Imperial Queens Park soi 22, but you gotta buy a ticket for the Austcham function

Expecting a big crowd at the Imperial Queens Park on Saturday. Our tickets are numbered 455 and 456 and the advert for the event said they were expecting 600. Doors open 0900. Should be a good day partytime2.gif

Also Imperial Queens Park soi 22, but you gotta buy a ticket for the Austcham function

Expecting a big crowd at the Imperial Queens Park on Saturday. Our tickets are numbered 455 and 456 and the advert for the event said they were expecting 600. Doors open 0900. Should be a good day partytime2.gif

This will be my 11th. I always manage to turn up with a hangover

• 11 months later...

The Aussie pub on Soi 11 is a more open venue and should attract a good crowd. (plus the staff wearing the netball uniforms is a bonus)

Also the Soi 8 pub

ttp://www.soi8.net/

I saw the GF a couple of years ago in the Australia Pub in Soi 11. From memory they charged 1000 or 2000 to enter, but that covered all the beer and pies you could consume. There may be cheaper venues as listed above.

One minor problem for the Hawks fan is that they are not quite in the GF yet mate! The finals start next week (slight distraction of the election!) and they have to win a few more games yet.

Anyway I dont care now as the Loins lost to the Cats today by 1 point and are out of it. Good game though.

The Aussie pub on Soi 11 is a more open venue and should attract a good crowd. (plus the staff wearing the netball uniforms is a bonus)

Also the Soi 8 pub

ttp://www.soi8.net/

I saw the GF a couple of years ago in the Australia Pub in Soi 11. From memory they charged 1000 or 2000 to enter, but that covered all the beer and pies you could consume. There may be cheaper venues as listed above.

One minor problem for the Hawks fan is that they are not quite in the GF yet mate! The finals start next week (slight distraction of the election!) and they have to win a few more games yet.

Anyway I dont care now as the Loins lost to the Cats today by 1 point and are out of it. Good game though.

Last year they were, which is when the quoted post was written.

• Like 1