Surat Thani Airport To Car Ferry

sitta

Hi All,

Flying in on Air Asia flight to Surat Thani airport which arrives at 11:50 AM and will be hiring a car from Airport itself.

Is it possible make it to the Car ferry that goes to Samui on the same day, also what would be the cost to ferry the car across?

Thanks in advance..

The ferry is about an hours drive and the ferries to Samui leave every hour till 7pm. You can easily do it. A return ticket for the car and the driver is just under 1000 Baht and an additional passenger is 140 Baht or thereabouts. If you book with the Raja ferry rather than with the Seatran you can book your return ticket at the time of departure so when you come to leave you do not have to queue.

book return tickets on bus/boat to Samui with Seatran, other company takes you to a deserted pier with less than helpful taxi drivers. At the Seatran pier, there is a small town. Hire the car there.

The OP states he is hiring a car at the airport. As I stated if he books with the "Deserted pier " he can book a return ticket at the same time unlike the other ferry that takes to to a populated pier with the exact same unfriendly and unhelpful taxi drivers. They will also be happy to offer you a rusting, aged and knackered old Suzuki Caribbean for a 1000 Baht a day. Just the car I'm sure the OP is looking for whistling.gif Hence getting the car at the airport

book return tickets on bus/boat to Samui with Seatran, other company takes you to a deserted pier with less than helpful taxi drivers. At the Seatran pier, there is a small town. Hire the car there.

The OP states he is hiring a car at the airport. As I stated if he books with the "Deserted pier " he can book a return ticket at the same time unlike the other ferry that takes to to a populated pier with the exact same unfriendly and unhelpful taxi drivers. They will also be happy to offer you a rusting, aged and knackered old Suzuki Caribbean for a 1000 Baht a day. Just the car I'm sure the OP is looking for whistling.gif Hence getting the car at the airport

Got very good deal from A***, Toyota Altis for 30days 24k with full insurance, so car MUST be hired at the airport.

So it take just an hour to reach pier from the Airport?

Thanks.

Edited by sitta

92 kilometre drive google maps, i suprised if it can be done in 1 hour, but you will do it in time if arrival 11.50 am. I found Raja was shorter waiting times if any exist now, did not in April even on Seatran. For me it would depend where i was headed after the ferry as to which one i i used.

Personally i think you have done the best thing hiring at airport and missing on on the public transport.

• 2 weeks later...

it should be ok. You will arrive at the pier at ~ 13:30. There is no high season and there are no important Thai holidays. So, probably you can take a ferry at ~15:00h, maybe if bad luck the 16:00h one. But best would be to fly to Samui by PG, and second the way you do and take the bus to the ferry, the ferry to Nathon and the local taxi to your hotel and look for a car on Samui.

it should be ok. You will arrive at the pier at ~ 13:30. There is no high season and there are no important Thai holidays. So, probably you can take a ferry at ~15:00h, maybe if bad luck the 16:00h one. But best would be to fly to Samui by PG, and second the way you do and take the bus to the ferry, the ferry to Nathon and the local taxi to your hotel and look for a car on Samui.

Thanks for the info, but got very good deal at ST airport for 30days car hire plus very cheap airfare from KL to ST.

Will be going near Samui airport, should I take the Seatrans or Raja ferry are they both use the same port at Donsak?

Will be traveling mid November.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info, but got very good deal at ST airport for 30days car hire plus very cheap airfare from KL to ST.

Will be going near Samui airport, should I take the Seatrans or Raja ferry are they both use the same port at Donsak?

Will be traveling mid November.

Thanks.

Either ferries is OK They both leave from the same general area, but different terminals.Raja lands at Lipa Noi, Seatran at Nathon.

Seatran is better, even have foot massage if you need it.When you get to Dongsak you can easily check for the wait at both terminals.

Getting to your hotel, just follow the ring road & then the signs to the airport. If you are staying seaside, Seatran, land at Nathon, turn left out of the terminal. Drive along the seafront ( to your left ), you will eventually get to Bophut traffic lights, turn left then keep right after about 300 metres. The sea will again be on your left, airport area not too far from there.

• 3 months later...